Peabody @ TCA

FightingBlue0

1 hour ago, peabodypride said:

Alright  yall know I bleed Black and gold but TCa was the only good game we had in playoffs in 2014,we eked out a W by 5! beat all other by double digits! 

Man you were down 24-6 @ halftime to us in 2014! If #17 doesn’t drop the pick at the goal line, it’s 31-6! We imploded in that 4th qtr! Should have kept the pedal to the medal instead of trying to eat clock! 

5 minutes ago, utvol2 said:

Man you were down 24-6 @ halftime to us in 2014! If #17 doesn’t drop the pick at the goal line, it’s 31-6! We imploded in that 4th qtr! Should have kept the pedal to the medal instead of trying to eat clock! 

That’s blatant. How can you forget that Adamsville in that game was 12:00 minutes or less than that from going and beating Marion in the finals. 

7 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

That’s blatant. How can you forget that Adamsville in that game was 12:00 minutes or less than that from going and beating Marion in the finals. 

Lot of ifs and buts in every season!! In 10 years I doubt I will remember much about that season! Heck I have to go to the schedules to see what we did some years! lol 

1 hour ago, utvol2 said:

Yep,I surely forgot that one,you are 100 percent correct,geez that was a huge second half point swing!!!

Edited by peabodypride

6 hours ago, peabodypride said:

Alright  yall know I bleed Black and gold but TCa was the only good game we had in playoffs in 2014,we eked out a W by 5! beat all other by double digits! 

Get em straight. If people really know football tca was not a team to stop people. We just out scored teams. Aiken’s was hurt and half of his game was gone. So I have To disagree. Trenton was better that night but when the qb with the state record in passing had one wheel to go on I would Hope you would take advantage. And you did so in the second half. Had he been healthy it would have been a different outcome. But that is a lot of ifs. And you know what I say About if’s. If my aunt had 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

On point and nothing but the facts brother. Hope we can recreate 2013. 

Just my opinion... I think 2013 was the better game between that year & 2014. It wasn’t decided until the final minute. Both teams were absolutely slugging at each other. That game could’ve went either way but TCA ultimately prevailed in the end. I recall many sportswriters saying that it was the best high school football game that they had seen in many years... I think both offenses totaled close to 800 something yards combined. 

27 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Just my opinion... I think 2013 was the better game between that year & 2014. It wasn’t decided until the final minute. Both teams were absolutely slugging at each other. That game could’ve went either way but TCA ultimately prevailed in the end. I recall many sportswriters saying that it was the best high school football game that they had seen in many years... I think both offenses totaled close to 800 something yards combined. 

Was coopers older brother Braxton the starting Q.B  that year?

25 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Was coopers older brother Braxton the starting Q.B  that year?

Yes if I do remember correctly, I believe the oldest Baugus boy was the QB then. That 2013 game featured two of the best passing quarterbacks in West TN that year. Akin was an absolute beast when it came to slinging it around the field! No question he was the best passer in 2A football. Arguably the state for that matter. Baugus went toe to toe with him all night, but a few costly turnovers hurt Peabody in the end. I remember it being freezing cold that night.

Edited by FightingBlue0