Peabody @ TCA

FightingBlue0

30 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Yes if I do remember correctly, I believe the oldest Baugus boy was the QB then. That 2013 game featured two of the best passing quarterbacks in West TN that year. Akin was an absolute beast when it came to slinging it around the field! No question he was the best passer in 2A football. Arguably the state for that matter. Baugus went toe to toe with him all night, but a few costly turnovers hurt Peabody in the end. I remember it being freezing cold that night.

It was freezing both years. Two great games back to back years. 

54 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Yes if I do remember correctly, I believe the oldest Baugus boy was the QB then. That 2013 game featured two of the best passing quarterbacks in West TN that year. Akin was an absolute beast when it came to slinging it around the field! No question he was the best passer in 2A football. Arguably the state for that matter. Baugus went toe to toe with him all night, but a few costly turnovers hurt Peabody in the end. I remember it being freezing cold that night.

If I remember correctly a bad snap in the end zone killed Peabody’s momentum 

8 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Just my opinion... I think 2013 was the better game between that year & 2014. It wasn’t decided until the final minute. Both teams were absolutely slugging at each other. That game could’ve went either way but TCA ultimately prevailed in the end. I recall many sportswriters saying that it was the best high school football game that they had seen in many years... I think both offenses totaled close to 800 something yards combined. 

2014.  Final score 42-37.  Peabody had 507 yards, TCA has 476.  TCA actually had more all purpose yards.  TCA had ball on 35 with about 3 mins left after Peabody had fumbled.  Our offensive coordinator, who was an offensive genius and the best I’ve seen in HS football will tell you he messed up and tried to throw 4 times in a row.  We had 3rd down and 2 and he didn’t give it to Goldsmith or James Bond(both are playing D1 right now).  If we had gotten that first down we probably win the game.  That game went to the wire as well.  TCA was the better team golden pride BUT Peabody played better that night and deserved to win. I’ve had many of my Peabody friends that said that if we had played 10 times TCA would have won 9.  Sometimes it just works out that way.  We beat Adamsville in 2013 during the regular season but I knew we probably stole one and I was right, they got us in the playoffs and probably would have beaten us 8 out of 10. I realize your game against Adamsville was a pretty close game(I was there) but we weren’t worrying about Aville because we had handled them pretty good during the season.  That was the state championship that night.  Good luck this Friday!

3 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

If I remember correctly a bad snap in the end zone killed Peabody’s momentum 

Yes I remember the bad snap in the end zone for a safety hurt Peabody’s momentum pretty drastically at one point. I think what hurt Peabody that year was not blitzing the crap out of TCA. Kyle Akin picked that defense a part when he was afforded time to stand in the pocket & throw it down the field. Peabody threw the ball all over the field that night as well though. I think the Baugus kid threw for over 300 yards that night. That was a contrast in the 2014 game in which Peabody amassed most of their yards on the ground. I would not be upset at all if we were awarded a show like those two games this coming Friday. 

2 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Yes I remember the bad snap in the end zone for a safety hurt Peabody’s momentum pretty drastically at one point. I think what hurt Peabody that year was not blitzing the crap out of TCA. Kyle Akin picked that defense a part when he was afforded time to stand in the pocket & throw it down the field. Peabody threw the ball all over the field that night as well though. I think the Baugus kid threw for over 300 yards that night. That was a contrast in the 2014 game in which Peabody amassed most of their yards on the ground. I would not be upset at all if we were awarded a show like those two games this coming Friday. 

We will be,mark my word,I stand by what I said 1 score game,I think I lean 60/40 towards  the Tide imo!!! 

12 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

9 out 10 times TCA wins between those two teams?  I went to both of those games and and the margins were almost nil.  Both games were decided by less than a touchdown, kind of far fetched to say TCA would have won 9 of 10.  This wasn't the Miracle On Ice ( Major upset)

You missed one key word. Had Aiken not been injured. Everybody quick to get offended by an opinion. People didn’t get offended this quick when Peabody was going to beat the brakes off of Gibson co. This year

Edited by BigEdMo
  • Upvote 1

Definitely not offended, that's fine.  Just don't agree.  Bottom line that's sports.  Shoulda, coulda, wouldas don't matter.  Injuries are part of the game especially in football.  Trenton had 2 of their best defensive players out for the season at that point, but no one has mentioned that.  TCA and Trenton both had great teams and like it goes most of the time, they split.  It was awesome to watch.   Hopefully Friday will be the same

24 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

You missed one key word. Had Aiken not been injured. Everybody quick to get offended by an opinion. People didn’t get offended this quick when Peabody was going to beat the brakes off of Gibson co. This year

gc posters came out of the woodwork and got pretty butt hurt lol 

3 hours ago, Intense said:

2014.  Final score 42-37.  Peabody had 507 yards, TCA has 476.  TCA actually had more all purpose yards.  TCA had ball on 35 with about 3 mins left after Peabody had fumbled.  Our offensive coordinator, who was an offensive genius and the best I’ve seen in HS football will tell you he messed up and tried to throw 4 times in a row.  We had 3rd down and 2 and he didn’t give it to Goldsmith or James Bond(both are playing D1 right now).  If we had gotten that first down we probably win the game.  That game went to the wire as well.  TCA was the better team golden pride BUT Peabody played better that night and deserved to win. I’ve had many of my Peabody friends that said that if we had played 10 times TCA would have won 9.  Sometimes it just works out that way.  We beat Adamsville in 2013 during the regular season but I knew we probably stole one and I was right, they got us in the playoffs and probably would have beaten us 8 out of 10. I realize your game against Adamsville was a pretty close game(I was there) but we weren’t worrying about Aville because we had handled them pretty good during the season.  That was the state championship that night.  Good luck this Friday!

It’s funny you say that was championship game that night.  An adamsville guy at the adamsville game that night told me the same thing