Peabody @ TCA

FightingBlue0

3 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Well folks here it goes. I will Be busy this week so I will Give my thoughts now. First Pride love your new picture for your handle. Now to the game. Peabody is a tall order for anyone. They are big, strong and fast. They have a dual threat Qb. All of that scares me. Plus add the fact that they flat out overlooked a team and gave a game away I am Sure means they are more focused then ever. How do you beat that. I think TCA has the pieces to slip up and bite em. Tca is an odd team this year. They have all the athletes and they have some tough strong kids with fight don’t flee mentality. When the pieces are clicking tca is tough. Another issue this week is the fact it is senior night for us. With kids that can make them more focused or they could be more distracted. Also most of these young men were in the game last year against Peabody. That game still bothers them because all of the issues going on last year during that week they know that was not a true TCA effort. So to sum it up. I believe It comes down to which coaching staff and which team has the best week of practice this week. The one that is most prepared and focused will win. I am Looking forward to our speed vs Peabody speed. I am Looking forward to the dirty work line play because these little lions are going to hit you. And if you have not seen it on film you better watch out for our #14 at safety. If you think you will send somebody deep or across the middle he will bring the lumber. His motto is that there is a price to pay when you come in his area. Hope it is instant classic Friday night and no injuries. I will Check in from time to time this week. Safe travels and hope to see you guys and shake your hand. 

Well said

Well guys, I will lay out to you!  In 2013 right before we played Peabody all of the football dads had some real concern  about  the 2nd round of playoffs.  It was an epic game and TCA won 51-44 and went on to semis that year.  Before the 2014 season started we all thought we would win the state championship if we got by one team, Peabody.  We said there was only one team that worried us.  TCA was ranked #1 most of the year and the second round came calling again and it was Peabody again.  We had a hurt Qb, Akin, but still should have won.  Peabody upset us and walked to the gold ball.  That was the state championship game and it was epic.  Well, I’ve said all along that Peabody will be the best team TCA faces this year and I still believe that to be true.  On paper, TP should be heavily favored.  They are bigger in the trenches and have more overall team speed and their QB is dangerous runnin the ball on the read option. Peabody has more overall athletes.  They don’t have anyone who can run with our speed demon but overall TCA can’t run with them. Now, TCA brings a lot to the table.  They have a very scrappy defense and they do real well against the run.  They do struggle a little with running QB’s.  TCA has a lot of weapons on offense if they will utilize them in a balanced way.  We all know Peabody will be keying on #7.  The other TCA playmakers have to make plays and a lot of them.  TCA has a solid kicking game and so does TP.  I think Peabody is capable of blowing TCA out but I don’t think TCA is capable of blowing Peabody out.  That’s what scares me.  If TCA can come out and ball control the first quarter and keep from turning it over it should be a close ballgame.  If TCA is able to get the ball to Davis in the right spot you Peabody fans are in for a show.  I’ve seen a lot of HS football but never anyone with this kind of speed.  He’s small so he’s not going to overpower you but he is also tough.  He has to have help in order to win this game.  Speaking of #14, our Safety.  He’s a basketball player who didn’t come out until the third game and didn’t really start getting playing time until fifth game, beware, he will take your head off!!! Unreal how hard he hits.  Didn’t play his first two years of HS.  I will say advantage is slightly toward Peabody right now.  I guess it depends on their injury situation.  Hope to see you there PeabodyPride!

Edited by Intense

6 minutes ago, Intense said:

Well guys, I will lay out to you!  In 2013 right before we played Peabody all of the football dads had some real concern  about  the 2nd round of playoffs.  It was an epic game and TCA won 51-44 and went on to semis that year.  Before the 2014 season started we all thought we would win the state championship if we got by one team, Peabody.  We said there was only one team that worried us.  TCA was ranked #1 most of the year and the second round came calling again and it was Peabody again.  We had a hurt Qb, Akin, but still should have won.  Peabody upset us and walked to the gold ball.  That was the state championship game and it was epic.  Well, I’ve said all along that Peabody will be the best team TCA faces this year and I still believe that to be true.  On paper, TP should be heavily favored.  They are bigger in the trenches and have more overall team speed and their QB is dangerous runnin the ball on the read option. Peabody has more overall athletes.  They don’t have anyone who can run with our speed demon but overall TCA can’t run with them. Now, TCA brings a lot to the table.  They have a very scrappy defense and they do real well against the run.  They do struggle a little with running QB’s.  TCA has a lot of weapons on offense if they will utilize them in a balanced way.  We all know Peabody will be keying on #7.  The other TCA playmakers have to make plays and a lot of them.  TCA has a solid kicking game and so does TP.  I think Peabody is capable of blowing TCA out but I don’t think TCA is capable of blowing Peabody out.  That’s what scares me.  If TCA can come out and ball control the first quarter and keep from turning it over it should be a close ballgame.  If TCA is able to get the ball to Davis in the right spot you Peabody fans are in for a show.  I’ve seen a lot of HS football but never anyone with this kind of speed.  He’s small so he’s not going to overpower you but he is also tough.  He has to have help in order to win this game.  Speaking of #14, our Safety.  He’s a basketball player who didn’t come out until the third game and didn’t really start getting playing time until fifth game, beware, he will take your head off!!! Unreal how hard he hits.  Didn’t play his first two years of HS.  I will say advantage is slightly toward Peabody right now.  I guess it depends on their injury situation.  Hope to see you there PeabodyPride!

You know Ima be there brother,gotta lot to do,pray with Ed,say hey to good friends,harrase Vandy and whatcha a great ballgame!! Always well said in your posts !!!! As staged in beginning  of this thread it's nice go have a thread that's fun and lots of nice clean analysis,with a lil ribbing amongst friends!!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

You know Ima be there brother,gotta lot to do,pray with Ed,say hey to good friends,harrase Vandy and whatcha a great ballgame!! Always well said in your posts !!!! As staged in beginning  of this thread it's nice go have a thread that's fun and lots of nice clean analysis,with a lil ribbing amongst friends!!!!!! 

I am Still gonna rub your crystal ball for luck when I see You.  Hahahaha

15 minutes ago, Intense said:

On point and nothing but the facts brother. Hope we can recreate 2013. 

50 minutes ago, Intense said:

Well said! Tca and Peabody that past couple of years has always been worth the price of admission to watch..no different Friday night. #7 is something special.. back in the good ol days in football he’s the type of player you wanna make down and make sure you give him a good lick or two, but I’m with you about the toughness last year he kept going on all night long with very little blocking. 

2 hours ago, Intense said:

Very good post. But in 2014 there was no upset. I do remember the Akin kid being banged up.  But I do recall Peabody dominating the line of scrimmage.  Our QB and running back were unstoppable that night.  Peabody was the better team hands down.  But it was surely a game to remember.  In my opinion Adamsville vs Peabody was more of a Classic.  With that said, Speed will be a factor for both teams.  GC re-fueled our fire.  Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Very good post. But in 2014 there was no upset. I do remember the Akin kid being banged up.  But I do recall Peabody dominating the line of scrimmage.  Our QB and running back were unstoppable that night.  Peabody was the better team hands down.  But it was surely a game to remember.  In my opinion Adamsville vs Peabody was more of a Classic.  With that said, Speed will be a factor for both teams.  GC re-fueled our fire.  Roll Tide

If you’re from Trenton you will always remember the Adamsville game. The kick return will always be known in this town.