Union City Storms Into McKenzie

Bigsw02

29 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

I'm curious about what the Rebels run. I remember the spread coupled with the Power l. They have that tailback sitting about 12 yards behind the line and just let that guy get a head of steam and bulldoze his way down the field. My question is, do they still run the same skeem?

He will not bulldoze his way through. You guys won’t have any problems with them. Out of all these years being around this area watching hs football this is the weakest McKenzie I’ve ever seen. 

42 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

He will not bulldoze his way through. You guys won’t have any problems with them. Out of all these years being around this area watching hs football this is the weakest McKenzie I’ve ever seen. 

Well, if I know Coach Bowling the way I think I do, our boys will be preparing for them like they are the number one team in the state

7 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

I'm curious about what the Rebels run. I remember the spread coupled with the Power l. They have that tailback sitting about 12 yards behind the line and just let that guy get a head of steam and bulldoze his way down the field. My question is, do they still run the same skeem?

The running game for McKenzie isn't what it usually is. Good yardage every few plays, but the line will allow defenders into the backfield way too often to sustain drives. If UC stuffs the run, and defends the outside routes deep, the Rebs may not score.

26 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The running game for McKenzie isn't what it usually is. Good yardage every few plays, but the line will allow defenders into the backfield way too often to sustain drives. If UC stuffs the run, and defends the outside routes deep, the Rebs may not score.

That’s the if that worries me. Miller rushes for 300 yards against us last year. 

1 hour ago, Bigsw02 said:

Thanks for the input guys. Like I said earlier, we have had some great battles with McKenzie and I expect nothing less than that this week. Looking forward to a great game

And that is an attitude that isn't just BigSwo's!!! UC truly does prepare for every team as if it's the Gold Ball game!!! I can promise you coach is just as proud if not more of this barely 500 team than if they where a 1 loss team that ate cupcakes!!!  I love my GoldenTide program but it's time to stop scheduling BTW and Humboldt and play someone who can not only give you a game but  can really win!!!! South Gibson should replace Humboldt on the schedule IMO and Huntingdon BTW!!!  I promise you if we split those 2 games we wouldn't have slept walked our cocky butts thru the GC game till it was to late !!!! I know I get on UC threads and say to much nice stuff about our rival but it's a respect thing for me!!!! I still believe a "down" region 7 can make a ton of noise in post season and maybe another Gold Ball just maybe

15 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

And that is an attitude that isn't just BigSwo's!!! UC truly does prepare for every team as if it's the Gold Ball game!!! I can promise you coach is just as proud if not more of this barely 500 team than if they where a 1 loss team that ate cupcakes!!!  I love my GoldenTide program but it's time to stop scheduling BTW and Humboldt and play someone who can not only give you a game but  can really win!!!! South Gibson should replace Humboldt on the schedule IMO and Huntingdon BTW!!!  I promise you if we split those 2 games we wouldn't have slept walked our cocky butts thru the GC game till it was to late !!!! I know I get on UC threads and say to much nice stuff about our rival but it's a respect thing for me!!!! I still believe a "down" region 7 can make a ton of noise in post season and maybe another Gold Ball just maybe

Doesn't hurt to give credit when it's due. I've been giving props to Riverside all season even though they're our oldest and most "hated" rival. Only thing I've regretted about doing that is that a couple of posters have called me a Riverside fan... OUCH!!! LOL

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Doesn't hurt to give credit when it's due. I've been giving props to Riverside all season even though they're our oldest and most "hated" rival. Only thing I've regretted about doing that is that a couple of posters have called me a Riverside fan... OUCH!!! LOL

Well I am from UC originally,my kids went thru k thru 5 there and one has just graduated from PHS and another's a JR,we had one adopted child graduate in 2016,I pull for my Tide but love UC and their dedication to excellence!!! Brother one year coach kicked so many off the team the fielded 30 I believe,they were "done" that year, oh wait,no they one state that year haha!!!!! I try not to judge schools or teams by the fan base but sometimes it hard with some of the things you hear said at games but UC and TCA are always so welcoming!!! I have taken heat in the past for posting Its a Golden Thing You Couldnt Understand,hahaha,when we where in 2 A and UC was 1A it was easier to not get tar and feathered for that saying!!!! 

Edited by peabodypride

The Rebels have played up and down this year.  They played lights out against TCA but couldn't close the deal.  One point that needs to be made is the Rebels this year have started, at one point, 7 sophomores.  And I will agree, this is not the strongest McKenzie team in many years.  However, these sophomores have shown, at times, they can step up and play.  As for Peabody, they are just good!  We could not match their size and speed.  We will take our lumps this year and hope these young Rebels mature and get better over the winter in the weight room.  There is a pretty good bunch coming up from the 8th graders.  They went undefeated this year and have 3 linemen that I honestly think may get some reps as freshman next year.  

Good luck to all the rest of the way!