Blackman builds a tougher resume with Alcoa, Mt Juliet and Ravenwood

Blaze45

8 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If the TSSAA grew a set of balls and put a rule into play for every out of zone player you have to add 20 students per player you would see Alcoa in 5A in a New York Minute. For some reason you think I'm against Alcoa but I'm not. I would like to see them play the teams they should be playing.  There is no doubt Alcoa will possibly have one of the best two or three teams in the state over the next three years and I can promise you the TSSAA will eventually bring down rules on open zoning like I mentioned because of the giant problem it has created with a select few schools. If they finally chopped the head off the Private schools don't think open zoning schools will be any problem. Far as Maryville losing to Alcoa I had nothing to do with that loss. I'm just a fan that went to the game but I did have something to do about it when I played which was a part of a 15 game streak over Alcoa. How did it turn out when you played? Or did you?

Barn I am a neutral party but it does come off like you are against Alcoa when you post. Just my two cents. And let’s be honest. Wouldn’t matter if Alcoa was in 5A. I think Covington and Pearl Cohn would play them just as tough if not tougher than anyone in 5A. 

Is it just mean, or does anyone else get tired of threads getting hijacked with the same old recruiting/open zone/Alcoa cheated/maryville cheats storyline? 

This just in, they’re not recruiting... good players want to be at good programs. “Open zone” is just another excuse, many counties around the state are just the same. 

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but I get tired of hearing it. Get better and the kids will want to play at your school. Don’t get mad if you can’t beat them, get better. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/15/2018 at 2:11 PM, Blaze45 said:

Lookslike Blackman is taking on more homework in building a tougher resume. 2019 season will feature, Alcoa, Mt Juliet and Ravenwood and an undetermined 4th non-conference team to round out the schedule.  For those folks saying Mt Juliet plays asoft schedule I believe this will be a better Non conference game for both of us as we prepare for possible playoff games later in the season. Not to mention taking on a very talented and loaded Alcoa. Now if we could only add Maryville or Hoover we would have one of if not the toughest Non-conference schedule of anyone in the region 3-6a. 

https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/10/15/high-school-football-blackman-alcoa-play-series-2019-20/1644801002/

Man.....

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Barn I am a neutral party but it does come off like you are against Alcoa when you post. Just my two cents. And let’s be honest. Wouldn’t matter if Alcoa was in 5A. I think Covington and Pearl Cohn would play them just as tough if not tougher than anyone in 5A. 

I don't like how the TSSAA has the teams broken up is my main gripe. There is more than just enrollment involved it's called open zones, financial ability and the distance the average kid has to travel to get to that school. There should be factors in place to offset some of the advantages and disadvantages if your seriously going to break this thing up into six public divisions. My only beef is with the TSSAA for not recognizing that. Alcoa is a very good school, a well coached football program and a great fan base and I would do the same for my kid also if I lived three miles from the school but out of the city limits. I didn't mean it the way it came off when I said step to the plate. I was actually trying to commend Alcoa but I posted it on the fly while doing two different things and didn't realize I had actually set the buttons for WWIII when I got back on. It was one of those grammar mistakes I usually make like helping Uncle Jack off a horse or helping jack off a horse.

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I don't like how the TSSAA has the teams broken up is my main gripe. There is more than just enrollment involved it's called open zones, financial ability and the distance the average kid has to travel to get to that school. There should be factors in place to offset some of the advantages and disadvantages if your seriously going to break this thing up into six public divisions. My only beef is with the TSSAA for not recognizing that. Alcoa is a very good school, a well coached football program and a great fan base and I would do the same for my kid also if I lived three miles from the school but out of the city limits. I didn't mean it the way it came off when I said step to the plate. I was actually trying to commend Alcoa but I posted it on the fly while doing two different things and didn't realize I had actually set the buttons for WWIII when I got back on. It was one of those grammar mistakes I usually make like helping Uncle Jack off a horse or helping jack off a horse.

That poor horse....

7 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

All good brother! There's a lot of glass houses that rocks can be thrown at. But, at the end of the day what's important is to enjoy the game. High football is the purest form of football,  can it be more fair...more regulated....divided in different ways...im sure it could. But next thing you know the simple game played under the lights on Friday night across the country,  will be gone. Regulated too death into a system where all get a pink ribbon. It all starts when people continue to point fingers at successful teams, and throw rocks.......

11 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

All good brother! There's a lot of glass houses that rocks can be thrown at. But, at the end of the day what's important is to enjoy the game. High football is the purest form of football,  can it be more fair...more regulated....divided in different ways...im sure it could. But next thing you know the simple game played under the lights on Friday night across the country,  will be gone. Regulated too death into a system where all get a pink ribbon. It all starts when people continue to point fingers at successful teams, and throw rocks.......

BC I followed my nephew for two years ar GCA for the most part and still was able to see the Maryville games here and there but I didn't have plans to follow them anymore until they changed the schedule up some and started playing some better teams. I got tired of the same ole same ole every Friday Night, same song just a different night. I think you guys are going to enjoy seeing a better game and a bigger crowd like we have the past two years. Hope they get a few more good ones signed up along with Blackman. Had Maryville not improved the schedule like they have I would have just cancelled my season tickets because you could find a good seat anyways if you wanted to come so why bother.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

BC I followed my nephew for two years ar GCA for the most part and still was able to see the Maryville games here and there but I didn't have plans to follow them anymore until they changed the schedule up some and started playing some better teams. I got tired of the same ole same ole every Friday Night, same song just a different night. I think you guys are going to enjoy seeing a better game and a bigger crowd like we have the past two years. Hope they get a few more good ones signed up along with Blackman. Had Maryville not improved the schedule like they have I would have just cancelled my season tickets because you could find a good seat anyways if you wanted to come so why bother.

I think Alcoa has done a pretty good job....last ten years out of region, 2 game series with Fulton, Two year series with Catholic, two with Webb. All during years all three won state titles. Add Maryville, there should no question about getting harder game outside of Alcoa's 3A classification. The remaining out region games has been 5A or 6A teams. Even this last two year series with D-B, is IMO as big as playing Blackman. When Alcoa's next two year schedule is complete, it will leave no doubt about Alcoa playing better teams. Most will be shocked at the schedule. It will includes teams in the top 5 in the state this year.