Alcoa @ Austin East

Dark1

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

Alcoa was way down in 2011.  They lost 4 Regular season games that year.  When was the last time that happened?  They also almost made it back to the Championship game that year but had a heart breaking 38-37 loss to Eventual state champs CAK in the Quarters.

I wouldn’t say they were down, no one in the state gave AE a chance that year and look what happen. Don’t count AE out, they know what’s at stake ... 

8 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I wouldn’t say they were down, no one in the state gave AE a chance that year and look what happen. Don’t count AE out, they know what’s at stake ... 

I saw Greeneville beat that same Alcoa team 42-14 that year and was not the normal Alcoa team I have seen in the past and after that season.  I've seen both AE and Alcoa play this year and Alcoa is on a different level turtle.  I do love AE's Coach though and everything he does for the kids

45 minutes ago, Selena said:

Alcoa has too many great athletes. Do any of them play both sides of the ball?

Occasionally, you will see a couple play both sides of the ball. The LB’s like to carry the ball when they get the opportunity and the DB’s like to line up at WR, or the other way around. However, the talent level is two, some three, deep at most all positions. Depends on the game situation and score...:thumb:

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

Alcoa was way down in 2011.  They lost 4 Regular season games that year.  When was the last time that happened?  They also almost made it back to the Championship game that year but had a heart breaking 38-37 loss to Eventual state champs CAK in the Quarters.

The qb position in 2011 was a total bust.  The young man had tons of talent, but shouldn’t have been given that position after just joining the team. There was enough talent on that team to get the job done in 3A. However, Greeneville was in another level that year. I would say the same for the 2012 team, however the qb play was much better.