Class 4A region 8 (What the H*//)?????

FridayMainEvent

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Bottom line is we have too many classes.   I'd assume they will address that in the near future.   Public schools got what they wanted.  Seperation.   Now they need to demand a rebalance so we don't have this crap!   6A in Memphis also only has 4 teams.  

Looking at the numbers, with Memphis East having a 30% decrease, they could potentially opt out and come to 1A next year.

I know they've always played up but you never know what a school might do.

Mitchell was only 22 students from being able to opt to 1A. As they had about 22% decrease.

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Bottom line is we have too many classes.   I'd assume they will address that in the near future.   Public schools got what they wanted.  Seperation.   Now they need to demand a rebalance so we don't have this crap!   6A in Memphis also only has 4 teams.  

1 hour ago, FootballPops said:

Ridiculous.  They need to add 2 teams a piece to 4A 6 and 7.

I agree probably too many classes in current configuration. Do I think it will change, no. With most things in life, not much goes backwards. I also can’t see the TSSAA cutting any of its revenue drawing events, like play-off games, by cutting the number of classes down. With the adding of 2 teams to region 6 and 7 4A, it would almost be impossible. Where would the come from? West Tennessee, outside of Memphis and Jackson, is so sparsely populated the teams just aren’t there. You can’t cut out region 8 and add them to 7 and bump some of region 7’s teams to 6, because it would throw the current system off. I don’t agree with automatically getting in the play-offs either, but right now it is what it is.

Edited by Poundtherock23
  • Upvote 1

A few years ago potential regions in a separate rural and urban setup were put out there. It seemed to go nowhere but it would help the Memphis Easts, etc, also help in travel and natural rivalries. The trade off at the end would be discussion on who’s the better team among same size schools.

Hey guys, not sure if this will help or not, but here is something I posted over on the 5A/6A site a couple of days ago:

I would like to see one champion from each of the 95 counties, regardless of school size.    Then have a 95-way playoff which would last until approximately the basketball finals and there is only one school left standing.    Think about it, the football and basketball finals right together, wouldn't that be cool?

47 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Hey guys, not sure if this will help or not, but here is something I posted over on the 5A/6A site a couple of days ago:

I would like to see one champion from each of the 95 counties, regardless of school size.    Then have a 95-way playoff which would last until approximately the basketball finals and there is only one school left standing.    Think about it, the football and basketball finals right together, wouldn't that be cool?

So your basically saying if you play football you can't play basketball and Vice Versa since both would still be playing at the same time.  Your smarter than this blazer :roflol:

14 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Its was the county schools that was complaining. Now they want the open zone schools moved out also.

14 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Wow.  I completely overlooked them sitting at 345. A 30% decrease.

Now that's crazy.....345 wow

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Lol.  Wow

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Moore County vs Rutherford County in the semi-finals.   I like it...:grin:

On 10/22/2018 at 7:39 AM, FridayMainEvent said:

does somebody at TSSAA do the right thing and drop Division I down to four classes???

4 classes would make it hard to make the playoffs for some of the top 1A schools, which would get paired with almost all of 2A. Go back to the way it was with new numbers, 

5 classes:

1A- 0-400 students 

2A- 401-800 students 

3A- 801-1200 students

4A- 1201-1600 students 

5A- 1601+ students

• Upvote 1