Jasper vs Polk

WingoVFL

16 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

What has happened at Marion, thought they would be down, but not this much. Injury, coaching,etc?

It has been several things piled into one, they are overall young, line play is done compared to last few years, and I am assuming he went spread to get his skill guys in space, possibly not having confidence in the line? 

2 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

Have you seen them this year? Speed, what about the D?

I have in a couple games, they do have some speed, Samson #2 their QB is their best player, they have a WR #14 that looks to be like 6'3/6'4, backs are a little under sized but quick shifty backs, defensively SP plugged away in the first half and hit some big plays in 2nd half, it was 21-6 at half, final was 42-6, and the loudon game they looked very suspect to the pass, and loudon had some success with QB runs. If we play them we should matchup pretty well with them, just have to make someone other than Samson beat us. 

2 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

I have in a couple games, they do have some speed, Samson #2 their QB is their best player, they have a WR #14 that looks to be like 6'3/6'4, backs are a little under sized but quick shifty backs, defensively SP plugged away in the first half and hit some big plays in 2nd half, it was 21-6 at half, final was 42-6, and the loudon game they looked very suspect to the pass, and loudon had some success with QB runs. If we play them we should matchup pretty well with them, just have to make someone other than Samson beat us. 

I wouldn't base any weaknesses off of anything Loudons qb was able to make happen. He is a legitimate playmaker. And really good on 3rd and long in the run game.

Just now, Imthayeti said:

I wouldn't base any weaknesses off of anything Loudons qb was able to make happen. He is a legitimate playmaker. And really good on 3rd and long in the run game.

He is easy to see a player for sure, it seemed like everytime Marion had them 3rd and 10+ they would hit the slant across the middle everytime, and late game he had a scramble where started at like the 30 on a 3rd and 10ish he got chased back close to midfield wheeled and took off down the sideline and had to make a guy miss at like the 10 and he was hit in the back and fumbled and the WR recovered in the endzone, that was the deciding TD in that game. but although he fumbled he turned a 20 yard loss into a TD. 

Just now, JacketNationFan1 said:

He is easy to see a player for sure, it seemed like everytime Marion had them 3rd and 10+ they would hit the slant across the middle everytime, and late game he had a scramble where started at like the 30 on a 3rd and 10ish he got chased back close to midfield wheeled and took off down the sideline and had to make a guy miss at like the 10 and he was hit in the back and fumbled and the WR recovered in the endzone, that was the deciding TD in that game. but although he fumbled he turned a 20 yard loss into a TD. 

We scrimmaged them preseason every time he touched the ball was a positive gain. Everytime he didn't was no gain or negative yards. He really is a good running qb.

5 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I agree, the ceiling will be the second round.  First round will be a tough one as well.  The pirates ceiling is one round later.

Tell me something I’ve not said multiple times this season. I think SP can play them a better game if they don’t turn it over, but that’s a big IF. 

Edited by TheAmbassador