AP FINAL POLL CLASS 1A/2A OCT 29 2018

Southtowner

5 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah, none of these polls matter, it's all speculative as everyone has a clean slate. In the end though I'm curious as to which of the top 10 gets tossed early. I mean Fairley could lose to Gibson in reality. Im not sure if there any other games that could go either way. Most top 10 teams are expected to romp their week 1 adversaries. Ofcourse anything can happen. Who gets the first sleeper?

The "top seeds" may hold court this year until round 2. After the 2nd round it's anybody's guess! 

1 minute ago, TynerRamFan said:

The "top seeds" may hold court this year until round 2. After the 2nd round it's anybody's guess! 

Kinda what I was thinking. Wish there was a way to watch more then your own team play. ALOT of good teams and games being played at the same time. I enjoy football in general doesn't have to be my team to go and have a good time.

8 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Kinda what I was thinking. Wish there was a way to watch more then your own team play. ALOT of good teams and games being played at the same time. I enjoy football in general doesn't have to be my team to go and have a good time.

The TSSAA should schedule some of the 1ST round games on Thursday. They did it for Cookeville. I know the argument against scheduling on different days but my answer to that is:"you might know what I do but you got to stop what I do"!!

11 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

This is why I love the postseason. Cant wait to see what happens!

I don't think 2A has a clear cut favorite which makes it more exciting.  In 1A, Greenback is the favorite, but there are several teams that won't go down without a fight. Should be a great postseason in both classes and on each side of the bracket.

I appreciate the discussion from all yall this year on the AP poll topics.  It's now playoff time.  Looks like some great battles are in store.  I hope and pray everyone has safe travels and each team will stay injury free.  

Regardless of who wins, I'll be at a playoff game each week.  I'll also be in Cookeville to support the public schools championship games. 2A is on Thursday this year and 1A is on Saturday. 

Good luck to everyone.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

The TSSAA should schedule some of the 1ST round games on Thursday. They did it for Cookeville. I know the argument against scheduling on different days but my answer to that is:"you might know what I do but you got to stop what I do"!!

Yeah I'd even watch out of my classification doesn't matter. Football is Football.

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

If the shortage of officials continues, having 1st round games on a Thursday is a possibility, in my mind. The TSSAA likes to have officials run the chains in the playoffs, and they don't have enough this year to do that in the 1st round for all the games.

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I appreciate the discussion from all yall this year on the AP poll topics.  It's now playoff time.  Looks like some great battles are in store.  I hope and pray everyone has safe travels and each team will stay injury free.  

Regardless of who wins, I'll be at a playoff game each week.  I'll also be in Cookeville to support the public schools championship games. 2A is on Thursday this year and 1A is on Saturday. 

Good luck to everyone.

ST you are always classy!!! Best wishes to you this playoff season. Hope a chance to shake your hand in Cookeville