Columbia Academy at Waverly Central (2nd around)

BulldawgsRise

3 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Then do tell us how the game went since you were there

I was at the Riverside game. I have seen a lot of West TN football this yr man and for to call my opinion on games "STUPID" like you have been is rediculous. Im not perfect and miss some predictions but I have pretty close all yr long. Just sit in your little CA bubble yalls season will be over Friday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Well lets just shut the board down Memphis. Thanks for setting us straight. No discussion needed guys. It's all pointless.  

Tbh it's all about match ups. If ca can pound the ball three or four yards a pop n keep waverly off field they have a shot. Waverly is the real deal offensively but in a close game one tipped ball can make the difference. Actually hoping ca wins. No offense to waverly but riverside matches up a lot better w ca on paper than waverly if rhs can beat the odds playing Lewis at their house n move on. Some teams match up better against other teams. Going to b interesting how it plays out Friday 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bigpun54 said:

Tbh it's all about match ups. If ca can pound the ball three or four yards a pop n keep waverly off field they have a shot. Waverly is the real deal offensively but in a close game one tipped ball can make the difference. Actually hoping ca wins. No offense to waverly but riverside matches up a lot better w ca on paper than waverly if rhs can beat the odds playing Lewis at their house n move on. Some teams match up better against other teams. Going to b interesting how it plays out Friday 

Gee thanks man!

33 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Riverside is a better team than they was when they played waverly. Im sure Eville is better than they were when they played Lewis also. Sometimes the score doesnt tell how the game went. 

I love it when someone says “Sometimes the score doesn’t tell how the game went”. So what does? Why even keep the score then? Why not just have a panel of judges decide who wins? Just more excuses, like we would have blown them out if we didn’t have all those penalties!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I was at the Riverside game. I have seen a lot of West TN football this yr man and for to call my opinion on games "STUPID" like you have been is rediculous. Im not perfect and miss some predictions but I have pretty close all yr long. Just sit in your little CA bubble yalls season will be over Friday.

How do you tame a tiger? You beat it into sumission. That’s what CA did last year.  I know you keep saying that last year doesn’t matter, but that’s just ignorance. You know just like I do that last year gives CA the mental edge. They know they can beat you, you know they can beat you. You know the doubt is in your fans, you coaches and your players heads. Most of the time when people boast the why Waverly does, its out of pure fear. Doubt and fear gets you beat in football!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Give it up vandy… Eagleville/LC and Eagleville/Riverside both goes to OT...means that LC will win by 14. Camden thumps LC and loses to Riverside...means nothing. CA beats Waverly last season...means that it will happen again. Learn it...believe it...live it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Waverly did not live up to hype Friday night. In state 2A rankings they should be in the 9-10 position. Their fan bravado is worthy of a team in the 1 or 2 position. 

The QB is a good athlete who runs better this year and throws ok. He's not an elite quarterback with a cannon for an arm. He throws the deep out good and on time. His other throws are just jump balls down field. Our defensive backs are the weakest link on our team and they looked as good as they have all year against Waverly. Half of our DB's couldn't start on CA's JV. 

#37 is a good high school receiver. He's shifty and has great hands. He was advertised as the fastest player in the .... but Forrest had two receivers blow past him on go routes. One dropped the pass and the other made the catch on an underthrown ball. He's a really good high school player but Watertown has 3-4 that can do the same things.

#45 is a solid running back. He's the least hyped of the three stars but he's been the best player on the field both times we played Waverly and he has been underused in many of the videos this year. Run defense is CA's strength.

Forrest was a average/ below average 2A team. We played a great 2A team in Watertown. They could have scored 100 points if they wanted to. We couldn't get a first down with a full strength team at home against CA. We were not full strength against Waverly and held our own.

What does we came out flat mean anyway? Yes Waverly had a kickoff return for a TD (why are we still kicking deep?) called back but the returner appeared to step into the endzone and there was an obvious block in the back during the return. Yes, Waverly had a 25 yard run called back on an illegal block but they scored anyway on that drive. The key play later was a long screen pass where an obvious push in the back was not called.  Several blind side late hits were not flagged during the game. Yes, Waverly turned the ball over twice but the same Forrest player snatched it away from #37 and then #11. Forrest also had 2 punts that didnt go past the line of scrimmage. One gave you the ball at the 23 yard line. 

I wouldnt take anything positive from stopping Forrest from running outside. The RB who runs outside did not play Friday and the coaches decided to feature the 3rd and 4th string running backs on outside plays. Why didnt we have #6 and 14 in the backfield at the same time since 13 was out? 

Waverly pass coverage was atrocious. We had guys running downfield like Huntingdon half a dozen times but we missed the throws and dropped several passes downfield. 

A month ago CA looked like a state champion contender. Lately they have been borderline top 10 in play. If the September CA shows up it won't be close if October CA shows up it will be a toss up. 

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

Waverly did not live up to hype Friday night. In state 2A rankings they should be in the 9-10 position. Their fan bravado is worthy of a team in the 1 or 2 position. 

The QB is a good athlete who runs better this year and throws ok. He's not an elite quarterback with a cannon for an arm. He throws the deep out good and on time. His other throws are just jump balls down field. Our defensive backs are the weakest link on our team and they looked as good as they have all year against Waverly. Half of our DB's couldn't start on CA's JV. 

#37 is a good high school receiver. He's shifty and has great hands. He was advertised as the fastest player in the .... but Forrest had two receivers blow past him on go routes. One dropped the pass and the other made the catch on an underthrown ball. He's a really good high school player but Watertown has 3-4 that can do the same things.

#45 is a solid running back. He's the least hyped of the three stars but he's been the best player on the field both times we played Waverly and he has been underused in many of the videos this year. Run defense is CA's strength.

Forrest was a average/ below average 2A team. We played a great 2A team in Watertown. They could have scored 100 points if they wanted to. We couldn't get a first down with a full strength team at home against CA. We were not full strength against Waverly and held our own.

What does we came out flat mean anyway? Yes Waverly had a kickoff return for a TD (why are we still kicking deep?) called back but the returner appeared to step into the endzone and there was an obvious block in the back during the return. Yes, Waverly had a 25 yard run called back on an illegal block but they scored anyway on that drive. The key play later was a long screen pass where an obvious push in the back was not called.  Several blind side late hits were not flagged during the game. Yes, Waverly turned the ball over twice but the same Forrest player snatched it away from #37 and then #11. Forrest also had 2 punts that didnt go past the line of scrimmage. One gave you the ball at the 23 yard line. 

I wouldnt take anything positive from stopping Forrest from running outside. The RB who runs outside did not play Friday and the coaches decided to feature the 3rd and 4th string running backs on outside plays. Why didnt we have #6 and 14 in the backfield at the same time since 13 was out? 

Waverly pass coverage was atrocious. We had guys running downfield like Huntingdon half a dozen times but we missed the throws and dropped several passes downfield. 

A month ago CA looked like a state champion contender. Lately they have been borderline top 10 in play. If the September CA shows up it won't be close if October CA shows up it will be a toss up. 

CA lost their quarterback for the season and then two days later had to play the best team they’ll see all year long. That can be demoralizing to a team. The following few weeks were adjusting to that loss. The offense has looked like they are back the past couple weeks, except they weren’t able to finish a few times Friday which will be a huge problem if that continues this coming week. But they have improved each week so I believe they’ll be able to expose that improved defense waeverly supposedly has. Speaking of the defense though, aside from a big play or two over the past few weeks our defense has been dominant. Waverly’s offense isn’t unstoppable. That’s been proven before. No offense to Forrest cause I’m very happy for how they were able to compete with Waverly, but if their defense can slow Waverly down then our defense is gonna give Waverly SERIOUS problems 

• Like 1