TCA @ Peabody 2nd Round

FightingBlue0

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Indeed it was. I’ll tell you that doesn’t mean anything once this 2nd season has started. It’s win or go home & Coach Butler will have those Lion boys focused & ready to rock. I expect a great game 

I did the eye test. If Peabody brings their A game, this game will be a 3 to 4 touchdown difference with Peabody advancing to the 3rd round.  No disrespect to TCA.  They do not have the talent to beat a loaded Peabody team.  I am still looking for a passing game from the Tide.  Our QB is very talented and we have some really good receivers.  Balance is what wins Gold Balls.  That DEFENSE  is lights out!

Edited by Golddoctor

34 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

I did the eye test. If Peabody brings their A game, this game will be a 3 to 4 touchdown difference with Peabody advancing to the 3rd round.  No disrespect to TCA.  They do not have the talent to beat a loaded Peabody team.  I am still looking for a passing game from the Tide.  Our QB is very talented and we have some really good receivers.  Balance is what wins Gold Balls.  That DEFENSE  is lights out!

I can agree with this. But TCA isn’t going to lay down like a few weeks ago. I promise they’ll bring everything they got to Trenton. I expect a much better game. I absolutely think Peabody wins this but not by the landslide in which they did late in October. Peabody has been struggling in the pass game in recent weeks. I think a lot due to weather conditions & the fact that they haven’t played a team that they couldn’t bully on the ground since the wake up call they had against GC. I think Peabody can get in their own way sometimes when it comes to their calls through the air. O-line seems to struggle pass blocking yet they continue to call plays sometimes that require a drop & standing in the pocket. Peabody has a very athletic QB with a big arm. I’m not quite sure why they don’t get him moving out of the pocket & throwing the ball some more. Giving him the option to throw it if it’s there & to pull it down & run if he has to. What I have seen from Peabody all year in the pass game is the quick screen & throwing it up deep. I’ve seen where teams have made the adjustment to play 7-10 yards off of #7 to eliminate his deep threat. With that being said, I think Peabody could be a lot better through the air with more quick game, intermediate routes that allow reads to pick on outside linebackers. Peabody has the athletes & they are fast enough that they need to take advantage more of getting these guys in space & throwing them the ball. But as I stated earlier, they haven’t had to rely on any of this because of the fact that they have been so dominant on the ground. I think as the weeks roll on, & if Peabody finds themselves playing, they may run into trouble if they become too one dimensional. Defense is absolutely lights out. They still haven’t quite been tested by the best offensives yet but they’re still doing what they’ve been asked to do. I think Peabody still has a ways to go if they want to make that run. It’s going to take some guys stepping up & making big time plays when they need it most cause the cake walks are about over at this point in the season. Just my opinion :thumb:

Alright guys I am Very aware what is waiting next week. I know That next week the tide is supposed to kill us. I know That people have had the eye test. But I believe That the eye test on tca the last time was a little crosseyed. We are a better team that was seen last game. I believe Our Little Lion BOYS grew up last night into young men. They learned a lot about themselves.  I have Been waiting to see that all year.  The little David’s are ready to come see the giant Goliaths. And remember what happened in that story. GC did it can lightning strike twice? Who knows. Just proud our boys are in the second round.  

12 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I can agree with this. But TCA isn’t going to lay down like a few weeks ago. I promise they’ll bring everything they got to Trenton. I expect a much better game. I absolutely think Peabody wins this but not by the landslide in which they did late in October. Peabody has been struggling in the pass game in recent weeks. I think a lot due to weather conditions & the fact that they haven’t played a team that they couldn’t bully on the ground since the wake up call they had against GC. I think Peabody can get in their own way sometimes when it comes to their calls through the air. O-line seems to struggle pass blocking yet they continue to call plays sometimes that require a drop & standing in the pocket. Peabody has a very athletic QB with a big arm. I’m not quite sure why they don’t get him moving out of the pocket & throwing the ball some more. Giving him the option to throw it if it’s there & to pull it down & run if he has to. What I have seen from Peabody all year in the pass game is the quick screen & throwing it up deep. I’ve seen where teams have made the adjustment to play 7-10 yards off of #7 to eliminate his deep threat. With that being said, I think Peabody could be a lot better through the air with more quick game, intermediate routes that allow reads to pick on outside linebackers. Peabody has the athletes & they are fast enough that they need to take advantage more of getting these guys in space & throwing them the ball. But as I stated earlier, they haven’t had to rely on any of this because of the fact that they have been so dominant on the ground. I think as the weeks roll on, & if Peabody finds themselves playing, they may run into trouble if they become too one dimensional. Defense is absolutely lights out. They still haven’t quite been tested by the best offensives yet but they’re still doing what they’ve been asked to do. I think Peabody still has a ways to go if they want to make that run. It’s going to take some guys stepping up & making big time plays when they need it most cause the cake walks are about over at this point in the season. Just my opinion :thumb:

Very good post.  We have the talent.  If we develop our short game, we will be very dangerous.  It is asking a lot for kids to hold up their blocks for long periods of time.  I agree we need to roll out the qb more.  That adds an extra threat to our offense.  I believe our coaching staff know this and they practice this.  But knowing and doing are two different animals.  Our defense is in good hands, so is our offense.  We will be  ready for TCA and they will be ready for us. I dont see a blowout.  What I see is a game of 4 quarters.  I love this coaching staff of Peabody.  I hope they can prove everybody wrong.  We got spoiled by coach Ricky Woods. He was an offensive genius.  We also had a qb who was all world in 2014.  I believe the Baugus kid is equally as talented if given the opportunity.  Peabody, please spread the ball around.  We have guys who are under used.  If we use them all, we get close to the gold ball.  With that said, I am looking for a well played game, dry weather and no injuries.  Good luck to both teams.  It will be a great atmosphere.

Edited by Golddoctor

8 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Plz let it be dry!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

I know right.  I saw the mud fest you guys played a LC.  We can't argue with God, but it will be nice to have dry weather

I know right now they’re forecasting quite a bit of rain on Thursday & it should be bitter cold Friday night. I know weather predictions change a lot over the course of the week. I don’t mind the cold. I hope it’s dry for the sake of the teams. Hopefully it’ll be live streamed again so I can watch from my warm living room.