TCA @ Peabody 2nd Round

FightingBlue0

I do Have a legit question. Why are y’all not using the pass as much as you did last year. I know It’s easy to say the run works so don’t change. But the deeper you go in the playoffs you will need to be more balanced. I hate To see you try to crank it up passing at the last minute and the rust is showing up. 

31 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I do Have a legit question. Why are y’all not using the pass as much as you did last year. I know It’s easy to say the run works so don’t change. But the deeper you go in the playoffs you will need to be more balanced. I hate To see you try to crank it up passing at the last minute and the rust is showing up. 

That’s something I believe many of us have been thinking. I think a lot of the route combinations that Peabody calls can be very elementary. Nothing that really puts a defense in a tear. I have yet to see the Peabody offense look like they know exactly what they’re doing schematically. It just hasn’t shown as much because of their ability to run over opponents on the ground. I said it back on the Peabody & GC thread, this teams kryptonite will be how well their offensive gameplan will be come crunch time & I particularly do not have much faith in it based off of what I’ve seen. This year & last. 

55 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

They were early on as to why we aren’t now who knows

6 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

That’s something I believe many of us have been thinking. I think a lot of the route combinations that Peabody calls can be very elementary. Nothing that really puts a defense in a tear. I have yet to see the Peabody offense look like they know exactly what they’re doing schematically. It just hasn’t shown as much because of their ability to run over opponents on the ground. I said it back on the Peabody & GC thread, this teams kryptonite will be how well their offensive gameplan will be come crunch time & I particularly do not have much faith in it based off of what I’ve seen. This year & last. 

I agree. The offensive play calling can get mundane at time. We have 1 standout receiver that teams lock on to, and if we let a team like we played Friday shut the pass down then I don’t think it will matter to do it. I wasn’t that impressed with the offense Friday night. Personally I think our best back is #8...don’t get me wrong Dickson is a load but hes not as shifty as that kid. I’ll go with Peabody in this one but it won’t be 50-0. The bad thing about playing a team that was dead in the regular season game is the next time they will be out for blood bc they got embarrassed, and while we possibly was throwing all we had they sat back and stayed elementary bc they couldn’t get much going. 

3 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Come on pride. I know It is killing you. Come on and say it. Not in a million years will tca win this game.   Hahahahahaha. Come on buddy. 

Would it be a huge upset for the Lions to come to Trenton and leave going to round 3 yep, and huge upsets happen plain and simple !! Our QB is going to have to get back to the form he was earlier in the year untill about 4 weeks ago we had perfect balance,something changed the GC game and he hasnt been the same,now is he still capable!!??? Yep!!! We didnt throw it against TCA before though. This game ends up in a PHS blowout if a similar TCA to last game shows up 42 to 14 type game on the flip side if the TCA that played last week shows up TCA is capable of pulling it out in a 24 to 21 type game !!! I just believe when the dust settles and the smoke clears friday night at Walter Kilzer 2 teams with respect for each other will have played a round 2 game in the playoffs, and we should win with humilty or lose with pride ! And all of hs fans should carry ourselves with dignity and show the young men on the field the same love no matter what !!!! 

Edited by PeabodyPride

On 11/2/2018 at 10:34 PM, Goldenpride said:

I may just be bad luck haha. Besides coming out flat tonight. Our running game is really good. I’d like to see more better passing routes. I wasn’t at the first TCA game so idk what all they have. I do know they have the Davis kid that can run, but looks like we did a good job the first game. 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bdf4fab6557564545

Maybe lol just kidding 

20 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

I agree. The offensive play calling can get mundane at time. We have 1 standout receiver that teams lock on to, and if we let a team like we played Friday shut the pass down then I don’t think it will matter to do it. I wasn’t that impressed with the offense Friday night. Personally I think our best back is #8...don’t get me wrong Dickson is a load but hes not as shifty as that kid. I’ll go with Peabody in this one but it won’t be 50-0. The bad thing about playing a team that was dead in the regular season game is the next time they will be out for blood bc they got embarrassed, and while we possibly was throwing all we had they sat back and stayed elementary bc they couldn’t get much going. 

I hope our coaches are reading some of these threads.  We respect what they are doing and they have done a good job thus far.  I dont wont the game or a loss coming down to bad coaching. Our kids deserve better and so do our fans.  I believe this coaching staff will pull out all the stops and allow our kids to be at their best.  Cooper has been under a lot of pressure lately.  The O line must give him time but he still needs to get outside of the pocket and use his God given gift and find other open receivers. If Peabody does not make it to the semis, it will not be because of a lack of talent.  The Defense is stellar and the Offense could very well match the Defense.  It is time to pull out all the stops.  All teams will put 8 men in the box from this point on.  What I have seen is a nice adjustment from our coaches since the GC loss.  Wins in the rain are not pretty, but they are still wins. TCA will be a better match this time around, but I dont think they have the Line play or the athletes or the depth to win.  My guess is 35-7 or 28-0. Roll Tide!

Edited by Golddoctor