Trousdale goes to Tyner Round 2

tcjacket13

5 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

One thing I would add to my comment on Tyner's athletes, if we didn't lose two or three athletes every class from the middle school team to some combination of McCallie, Baylor, Notre Dame and even CCS  - then Tyner athletically should compete for gold balls every year.  Issues that Nashville, Chattanooga, and Memphis teams have to deal with - DII teams poaching best players - probably not a lot of that at Trousdale or Watertown.

Friendship Christian has taken maybe two kids from TC but nothing like what Tyner has to deal with and when it comes to Watertown as long as you live in Wilson Co you can attend Watertown High school 

Can't blame a parent for wanting a kid to have best educational and even athletic opportunities possible. Pressure on the DII school's coaches to produce winning programs is no joke either.  I expect Boyd to make a strong hire for football very soon and they will again be "looking" for athletes to get a good Christian education.  No shortage of programs trying to get good athletes in Chattanooga. As long as Coach Turner remains at Tyner he will take the kids who come to him and in his "old school" way coach them up into football players and young men as best he can and hopefully we will be competitive in 2A football.

• Like 2

Just now, Ram4Life said:

Can't blame a parent for wanting a kid to have best educational and even athletic opportunities possible. Pressure on the DII school's coaches to produce winning programs is no joke either.  I expect Boyd to make a strong hire for football very soon and they will again be "looking" for athletes to get a good Christian education.  No shortage of programs trying to get good athletes in Chattanooga. As long as Coach Turner remains at Tyner he will take the kids who come to him and in his "old school" way coach them up into football players and young men as best he can and hopefully we will be competitive in 2A football.

You will always be competitive. Like you said.. he has a lot of kids that come to him. He’s always going to have plenty of material to produce good teams. 

13 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m not sure what it is.. they just should be in the running for a gold ball almost every season. 

Interesting to think if the next Rankin or Quarles(if there is one out there) coached Tyner after Coach T retires -  you could be right Bass - Tyner could compete for gold ball every year.  It's complicated - I think Tyner usually gets better as the season goes because kids in this demographic struggle to make it to all the summer lifting and workouts and some of the things that make the dynastic programs so successful. How do the Rankin's of the world overcome some of the challenges Tyner kids seem to have with home life, having to work to support family, can't get rides to practice?  I'm sure these aren't just Tyner issues.

Success builds on success though and if you can have a few years in a row where you are playing and practicing into the 3rd, 4th round - the extra practices can make up for some of what was missed in the summer with younger players.

Helps a lot for Tyner right now that #11 is catching passes for us.  Can't wait to watch him Friday night and win or lose we should have him one more year.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

Quick trip to NE GA. Stopped in Chatt. and they are confident! Who will the weather benefit in this one? Key will be how well our secondary plays and as usual turnovers!

Ready for a fish sandwich.

GO Jackets!

Game will come down to just that, if our secondary tackles well, we have a good shot, I think we will be able to move the ball on the rams