Trousdale goes to Tyner Round 2

tcjacket13

By the Numbers:

Trousdale County (8-3, Reg 4 #2) enters Fridays match-up scoring 32.64 PPG while giving up 10.5 PPG. They have 3 shutouts on the year. They have faced 1 6A school, 1 4A school, 1 DII1A school, 2 1A schools, and 6 2A schools. Of those schools, 9 made it to the post season with 5 still playing this week. Those opponents have a combined record of 69-45 (61% win ratio). Their 3 losses have been by a combined 11 pts. 

Tyner Academy (10-1, Reg 3 #1) comes into Friday Night scoring 39.8 PPG and allowing 11.9 PPG. They have 1 shutout on the year. They have faced 1 6A School, 2 4A Schools, 2 3A Schools, and 5 2A Schools. 10 of those schools made it into post season, however only 1 remains after the 1st round. Their opponents this year have put up a combined record of 52-66 (44% win ratio). There lone blemish on the season came W1 to 6A Ooltewah 21-7. 

The schools share 2 common opponents, East Robertson & Marion Co. TC played ER back in W7 and came away with a 42-0 victory and then last week advanced over MC 41-8. Tyner played Marion midway through the season and drummed the Warriors 54-7 and took care of ER last week 35-13. To my knowledge, the schools have never played before this week. 

Based on what I've read and seen, this could be a dogfight or it could be a lopsided victory either way. Both teams seem to have lapses of focus and if either does that Friday Night, the other team has the potential to make their opponent pay dearly. We will all see come Friday Night. Safe Travels to my fellow Yellow Jackets and bring back a Victory. Praying for a injury free game on both sides. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

By the Numbers:

Trousdale County (8-3, Reg 4 #2) enters Fridays match-up scoring 32.64 PPG while giving up 10.5 PPG. They have 3 shutouts on the year. They have faced 1 6A school, 1 4A school, 1 DII1A school, 2 1A schools, and 6 2A schools. Of those schools, 9 made it to the post season with 5 still playing this week. Those opponents have a combined record of 69-45 (61% win ratio). Their 3 losses have been by a combined 11 pts. 

Tyner Academy (10-1, Reg 3 #1) comes into Friday Night scoring 39.8 PPG and allowing 11.9 PPG. They have 1 shutout on the year. They have faced 1 6A School, 2 4A Schools, 2 3A Schools, and 5 2A Schools. 10 of those schools made it into post season, however only 1 remains after the 1st round. Their opponents this year have put up a combined record of 52-66 (44% win ratio). There lone blemish on the season came W1 to 6A Ooltewah 21-7. 

The schools share 2 common opponents, East Robertson & Marion Co. TC played ER back in W7 and came away with a 42-0 victory and then last week advanced over MC 41-8. Tyner played Marion midway through the season and drummed the Warriors 54-7 and took care of ER last week 35-13. To my knowledge, the schools have never played before this week. 

Based on what I've read and seen, this could be a dogfight or it could be a lopsided victory either way. Both teams seem to have lapses of focus and if either does that Friday Night, the other team has the potential to make their opponent pay dearly. We will all see come Friday Night. Safe Travels to my fellow Yellow Jackets and bring back a Victory. Praying for a injury free game on both sides. 

Both teams are lacking one of those kids like that TC QB in 2005. LMBO

3 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Both teams are lacking one of those kids like that TC QB in 2005. LMBO

TC QB in 2005 was a beast but he wasn't the only player they had. The line that year was really good, the skill guys could catch and run and the defense was hard nosed. The senior leadership with that group wouldnt let anyone stop them. But with that said and I'm partial to that group ;) they weren't the best team to wear the Gold Hat, I'd put the '97 team up for that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BCB~MVP said:

TC QB in 2005 was a beast but he wasn't the only player they had. The line that year was really good, the skill guys could catch and run and the defense was hard nosed. The senior leadership with that group wouldnt let anyone stop them. But with that said and I'm partial to that group ;) they weren't the best team to wear the Gold Hat, I'd put the '97 team up for that. 

Sometimes the skill guys would run so hard they would lose their shoe and keep truck sticking people lol :thumb:

11 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Sometimes the skill guys would run so hard they would lose their shoe and keep truck sticking people lol :thumb:

Hey, you gotta do what ya gotta do! :thumb:Oh and BTW, that was totally a backwards pass for a 5th TD but i'm not upset about it. :oops:

Edited by BCB~MVP

A passing game and leadership is what this TC team lacks. TC has lacked this for several years now. If they had both, or maybe even one, they would have a good shot at a gold ball. But without both, it will be very difficult. Just like Seven said earlier, this TC team is an "Ok" team.   

39 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

You could flat play the game!