Union City vs Fairley Round 2

Bigsw02

8 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

On max it shows in the recap video that the score was 36 to 22 with 11 in the fourth quarter and starting offense was in the game not sure about the defense.

Doesn’t sound like they would pull the starting  defense in that situation.  The Mitchell game is odd too. Fairley won 26-6 fairleys lowest scoring game. I think against  whitehaven they didn’t score and Memphis central game they only scored once 

1 hour ago, Havengrad04 said:

As they should; Fairley is definitely beatable. I think the word disciplined is being used so frequently with Fairley because unfortunately it’s not the norm for the smaller schools in Memphis. And you’re right the Gold Ball is the goal and Fairley has the talent and coaching to get them there if they continue play like they have been. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat plain and simple. This is the time of year where talent alone isn’t enough so them staying disciplined will be key to making a deep run and beating good teams like UC etc. Most teams they see from here on out are banking on them making mistakes, getting frustrated, and beating themselves. If that doesn’t happen and they continue to play like they have been then watch out.

Now that I am on board with 100 percent !!!!

2 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

As they should; Fairley is definitely beatable. I think the word disciplined is being used so frequently with Fairley because unfortunately it’s not the norm for the smaller schools in Memphis. And you’re right the Gold Ball is the goal and Fairley has the talent and coaching to get them there if they continue play like they have been. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat plain and simple. This is the time of year where talent alone isn’t enough so them staying disciplined will be key to making a deep run and beating good teams like UC etc. Most teams they see from here on out are banking on them making mistakes, getting frustrated, and beating themselves. If that doesn’t happen and they continue to play like they have been then watch out.

Very good post

UC got beat by McKenzie cause the Rebels figured them out.  If Fairly figures the offense out early, it could be a long night for UC.  With that said.  Fairly may know how to coach against this type of offense and that is good, but coaching against and playing against is a different animal.  I am glad this matchup is taking place.  Hats off to GC for a really good season.  If GC had a better offense, I believe they could have come away with the win.  That is not to say they were were bad.  In order to beat a team like Fairly, you must match athlete with athletes.  I hope UC wins but I think Peabody and Fairly are on a collision course.  

7 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

UC got beat by McKenzie cause the Rebels figured them out.  If Fairly figures the offense out early, it could be a long night for UC.  With that said.  Fairly may know how to coach against this type of offense and that is good, but coaching against and playing against is a different animal.  I am glad this matchup is taking place.  Hats off to GC for a really good season.  If GC had a better offense, I believe they could have come away with the win.  That is not to say they were were bad.  In order to beat a team like Fairly, you must match athlete with athletes.  I hope UC wins but I think Peabody and Fairly are on a collision course.  

Man can you get me a ticket to that third round match. Hahahahahaha 

7 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

I think union city fumbled a bunch that game. Uc has their starting qb back I think that is a plus for them.  If Uc doesn’t fumble I think they win this game 

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

Man can you get me a ticket to that third round match. Hahahahahaha 

Sarcasm is fun, but the reality awaits Friday night.  If TCA wins, I will support them the rest of the way.  But if Peabody loses, it will be a real let down that will never pass.  I saw the LC, TCA game.  LC dominated from start to finish.  I wanted to see some improvement in that game and I did, but not enough to say you guys would make it past the second round.  You guys are a class act though.  See ya Friday at the Palace.