Union City vs Fairley Round 2

Bigsw02

14 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

All of the talk about Fairley self destructing and being undisciplined holds little value. I didn't see a team that was ready to self destruct anytime soon. The lack of discipline thing wasn't there either. The Fairley DB's stayed at home or on their man on our "trick plays", LB's flew around the field and laid hits, DLine was effective throughout as well.

Union City needs some long drawn out drives that will keep Fairley off the field, 15-play type of drives. Kaleb Craig needs another 200-250+ yard game with a lot of carries as well. We moved the ball on their defense, but also turned it over a lot. 

Agreed,Fairley will not "self destruct" this is a well coached team,in film the running backnlooks great but I see so much attempting of arm tackles,never works against a quality back ! 

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Agreed,Fairley will not "self destruct" this is a well coached team,in film the running backnlooks great but I see so much attempting of arm tackles,never works against a quality back ! 

When a RB is that fast and shifty, it's hard to square him up and hit him, thus resulting in the arm tackles.... this kid isn't as fast as the kid at TCA, but there's definitely something different between the two players if that makes some sense.

12 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

When a RB is that fast and shifty, it's hard to square him up and hit him, thus resulting in the arm tackles.... this kid isn't as fast as the kid at TCA, but there's definitely something different between the two players if that makes some sense.

No that makes sense he is bigger stronger and maybe faster from left to right.  Davis lacks the size is what hurts him 

Being the only UC poster who has said anything on this thread, I'm going to keep a low key approach to this week. I believe we will be prepared for this game but I am concerned about the fumble bug. That has to go away for good. I feel like we will make a game of it and our guys won't be intimidated by the athletes that Fairley will bring to the field. They have faced very tough competition this year and with the exception of the Peabody game they have handled it well. I'm hoping for another shot at the Tide but that is another thread. I like what I am hearing so far from the R7 posters on here. The thing I am hoping for the most is that Fairley might not be ready for the live version of the veer. Coach Bowling is gonna have to be creative in his play calling to catch Fairley off guard. He usually has a trick or two up his sleeve for times like these. Just when you think you have planned for everything, he pulls out a way to get the ball down the field.