Greenback, Huntingdon, Cornersville fan page.

Jobres76

2 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

What’s there even to talk about in the Cornersville vs Wayne County game? I mean they’re just another jv team on the schedule. Who y’all got next, probably gonna end up avoiding Huntingdon somehow and playing Tennessee School for the Blind.

Ouch. WC folks may take offense to that. We may be able to avoid them if Mt Pleasant beats them. Then we could have a 3rd home game in the post season. I for one am looking forward to the chance of going west and giving the first loss on the magic carpet, but first WC.

16 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

What’s there even to talk about in the Cornersville vs Wayne County game? I mean they’re just another jv team on the schedule. Who y’all got next, probably gonna end up avoiding Huntingdon somehow and playing Tennessee School for the Blind.

Lmao WC is gonna compete, let’s just be greenback who hasn’t played a game in 2 weeks and hasn’t played hardly anyone at all lol can’t wait for either Cville or Huntingdon to beat y’all for the gold if y’all even get there...

Just now, horse said:

Has GB and C-Ville been playing football very long? Never heard of either until a couple years ago. Or is this the first time either has ever had success. 

Greenback was a very good program back in the 80’s and early 90’s. They went through some lean years.  That happens sometime at schools like Greenback and SP where the enrollment hovers around 200-225 kids. 

33 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Ouch. WC folks may take offense to that. We may be able to avoid them if Mt Pleasant beats them. Then we could have a 3rd home game in the post season. I for one am looking forward to the chance of going west and giving the first loss on the magic carpet, but first WC.

Anything is possible, just know that the streak y’all been talking so much about is as important to your boys as the undefeated streak is to ours on the magic carpet. No doubt this should be a good game. Let’s both take care of business and see what happens. Hoping Coach Rice and Wayne County don’t beat ya up too bad. Them boys may not be world beaters but they are physical and won’t quit coming at you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mustangpop2012 said:

Anything is possible, just know that the streak y’all been talking so much about is as important to your boys as the undefeated streak is to ours on the magic carpet. No doubt this should be a good game. Let’s both take care of business and see what happens. Hoping Coach Rice and Wayne County don’t beat ya up too bad. Them boys may not be world beaters but they are physical and won’t quit coming at you. 

Same here. I think the scoreless streak ends against WC, but I have felt that way for weeks, so time will tell. WC makes me more than a little nervous. They did take a lead into halftime with the mighty Mustangs.

10 minutes ago, horse said:

Has GB and C-Ville been playing football very long? Never heard of either until a couple years ago. Or is this the first time either has ever had success. 

Cornersville and Greenback were at the football camp together in 96. I remember Moore County's running back ( Billy Green) challenged everybody to a footrace and got flat embarrassed by a kid from Greenback. I can't remember the kids name but he was an Asian kid that wore #4. That's back when Moore County was really good.