Beech travels to Page

Bump11

4 hours ago, BoomKing2006 said:

Jalen, Dorian, Rodrick... none of these 3 running backs made it past year 3 in the programs they chose to attend. 

3000+ yards rushing (state record),  2 thousand yard rushers.....I don't know, maybe if they had gone to another high school they would've played 4 years at the college programs they were a part of?   

Edited by tandem

On 11/5/2018 at 1:25 PM, BigEarl8 said:

"Their luck runs out"??? Going 10-1 is a little more than luck. I know Spring Hill had a terrible season, but ease up on the hate towards the Patriots.

Hate?  I Ann a big fan of Pages program. But you know as well as I do that they are not the most athletic group.  I hope they win but don't see it

On 11/5/2018 at 2:18 PM, Pizzpatriot3 said:

If Rathbone don't blow it. He has a habit of choking in big playoff games in the 2nd round

Very possible. I have heard rumors about some of his coaches back stabbing but who knows.  Seems to be the new way now a days.  Also heard about some issues last year with parents unfortunately was passed on to us.  I think this staff has done more with less this year than any school around.  Seems like they finally got a good D.C. after several years of jokes at that position.   I know their freshman team was horribly coached so maybe Rathbone leaves after this year.  Guess we will see Friday about Beech

20 hours ago, tandem said:

3000+ yards rushing (state record),  2 thousand yard rushers.....I don't know, maybe if they had gone to another high school they would've played 4 years at the college programs they were a part of?   

@WICKEDTUNA was implying the offense they run does not produce college ready players. They may not run the wing-t anymore but they run an offense which parades the fastest 2-3 players as running backs regardless of what their natural position should be i.e. Jalen Hurd. Regarding the others, if you've never been in an offensive scheme where you have to pick up blitzes, take handoffs from shotgun, or run routes out of the backfield the collegiate game might be tough for you to adjust to. 

3 hours ago, BoomKing2006 said:

@WICKEDTUNA was implying the offense they run does not produce college ready players. They may not run the wing-t anymore but they run an offense which parades the fastest 2-3 players as running backs regardless of what their natural position should be i.e. Jalen Hurd. Regarding the others, if you've never been in an offensive scheme where you have to pick up blitzes, take handoffs from shotgun, or run routes out of the backfield the collegiate game might be tough for you to adjust to. 

But in high school usually the best athlete is running the ball or playing QB.  That may not translate to college at the same position.  I think Beech has done just fine doing what they have been doing.  Much better than before Crabtree came there.  

3 hours ago, BoomKing2006 said:

I was told that both Carter and Napper's college careers were shortened due to injuries.  I don't know them personally, maybe you do, but to say they weren't "college ready" because of the system they ran in HS seems a bit of a stretch.  They appeared to both be fairly successful there while they were healthy.   As for Hurd, he was 440 yards away from becoming the all time leading rusher at UT in just 2.5 seasons when he chose to leave.  Seems to me he picked up the college game fairly well.  Crabtree's system also produced a three year starter  for UT Martin at QB in Jarod Neal.  Last year's qb at Beech, Nelson Smith, is the starting qb at Maryville as a true freshman.  Somehow, they have overcome the handicap of having to play in Beech's offense.

1 hour ago, tandem said:

I was told that both Carter and Napper's college careers were shortened due to injuries.  I don't know them personally, maybe you do, but to say they weren't "college ready" because of the system they ran in HS seems a bit of a stretch.  They appeared to both be fairly successful there while they were healthy.   As for Hurd, he was 440 yards away from becoming the all time leading rusher at UT in just 2.5 seasons when he chose to leave.  Seems to me he picked up the college game fairly well.  Crabtree's system also produced a three year starter  for UT Martin at QB in Jarod Neal.  Last year's qb at Beech, Nelson Smith, is the starting qb at Maryville as a true freshman.  Somehow, they have overcome the handicap of having to play in Beech's offense.

The same Hurd who created a huge mess in the middle of his junior season at UT? averaging 3.7 yards a carry.. your attempts to defend Beech are hysterical,, worry about beating Page.