South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Boldin man)

Roy Dillard

4 minutes ago, sportman said:

I never thought I'd see the day we at SP would like to see the game slow down, but that's really the only way I can see us keeping this weeks game close. Just try and pound the ball and use up the clock and hope for Whitwell to turn the ball over, and hope they have a penalty plagued game. 

With the refs we have had the past 2 weeks we probably won’t get the ball past the 50 lol, I’ve heard y’all had some bad ones to. I hope they just let the boys play and don’t try to kill either team with penalties. 

43 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

My question is this if the Greenback Cherokees actually make it to the semis and they are playing Whitwell who will you be Cherokee Tom or tiger Tom?

It comes down to this , I have Coacht friends from Greenback who I enjoy talking with every year. I have personal friends from Whitwell that I went to school with at SP and others that I know through business and sports who have kids on the team. The same kids that I have umpired in baseball and watched in football since they were in little league. Great kids with loads of talent. With that said, PirateTom will be TigerTom if we lose this week.

Go Pirates

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WingoVFL said:

With the refs we have had the past 2 weeks we probably won’t get the ball past the 50 lol, I’ve heard y’all had some bad ones to. I hope they just let the boys play and don’t try to kill either team with penalties. 

You got that right.  These last two crews have been the worst I have seen in at least a couple year's.  I do hope they let us both play and don't try to interject themselves to make a difference in the outcome of the game. I have heard yall have had some real winners also.  I mean I know it's hard to get ref's, but come on man.   I know for a fact the last two crew's we have had should have been on the HBO comedy hour, bc they sure didn't know jack about football. 

48 minutes ago, piratetom said:

If my Pirates fall, I will be in Whitwell next week. Roy often refers to me as Tiger Tom and Cherokee Tom.

I usually cheer for every valley team. I remember me and some buddy’s came to a SP game when y’all made that State run, Up towards Knoxville I can’t remember who it was though. Back when you guys had Khalil Mitchell and Lank.

1 minute ago, piratetom said:

It comes down to this , I have Coacht friends from Greenback who I enjoy talking with every year. I have personal friends from Whitwell that I went to school with at SP and others that I know through business and sports who have kids on the team. The same kids that I have umpired in baseball and watched in football since they were in little league. Great kids with loads of talent. With that said, PirateTom will be TigerTom if we lose this week.

Go Pirates

I understand!

Just now, sportman said:

You got that right.  These last two crews have been the worst I have seen in at least a couple year's.  I do hope they let us both play and don't try to interject themselves to make a difference in the outcome of the game. I have heard yall have had some real winners also.  I mean I know it's hard to get ref's, but come on man.   I know for a fact the last two crew's we have had should have been on the HBO comedy hour, bc they sure didn't know jack about football. 

Our HC got a personal for asking who was holding if that tells you anything lol, Ashworth got a penalty for a face mask last week from a stiff arm