CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I didn’t either I didn’t know the up rights were that short lol. Looks like someone chopped the ends of them off 

Here we go with the goal posts again. Yes they are shorter than what some will say is regulation as far as uprights go. The height from cross bar to ground and width are both regulation. To me it doesn't have to go over the upright, it has to go over the cross bar and BETWEEN the uprights. They could be 3 feet tall, it doesn't matter. If the ball is not BETWEEN them AND OVER the cross bar, kick is no good, no matter which team from pee wee to NFL is kicking. I do have a solution if the coach/AD is willing to do it.

6 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

You West Tennessee BOYS have some weird infatuation with our goal posts. 

They were tall enough for our PAT to be good and Huntingdon’s PAT to be no good.

Never thought of that,but its a bit scarier that they really put alot of value in POLES ,I MEEN ALOT !! Opps they claim polls,well I digress.

• Like 1

The Huntingdon fan base is the only fan base I’ve come across on this website that has questioned the goal posts.

Guys, just be accountable for the choke job in Froggy Bottom last year. This Friday may be a different outcome, but it’s almost been a year and you still won’t come to grips with the loss. It’s embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Here we go with the goal posts again. Yes they are shorter than what some will say is regulation as far as uprights go. The height from cross bar to ground and width are both regulation. To me it doesn't have to go over the upright, it has to go over the cross bar and BETWEEN the uprights. They could be 3 feet tall, it doesn't matter. If the ball is not BETWEEN them AND OVER the cross bar, kick is no good, no matter which team from pee wee to NFL is kicking. I do have a solution if the coach/AD is willing to do it.

I know nothing of your game last year besides Cornersville won. The first thing I noticed in the video is the uprights aren’t tall enough. Definitely not regulation. If they aren’t tall enough and it’s a high kick it could make it harder for the ref to tell if the ball went wide or not. I have no dog in this fight but it’s obvious in the video they are to short 

2 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

The Huntingdon fan base is the only fan base I’ve come across on this website that has questioned the goal posts.

Guys, just be accountable for the choke job in Froggy Bottom last year. This Friday may be a different outcome, but it’s almost been a year and you still won’t come to grips with the loss. It’s embarrassing.

A goal post shouldn’t win or lose a game... that’s one thing about Huntington if you beat them they are gonna find excuses. I bet a lot of them are Dallas Cowboy fans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

I know nothing of your game last year besides Cornersville won. The first thing I noticed in the video is the uprights aren’t tall enough. Definitely not regulation. If they aren’t tall enough and it’s a high kick it could make it harder for the ref to tell if the ball went wide or not. I have no dog in this fight but it’s obvious in the video they are to short 

So you didn’t see the missed Huntingdon XP? Am I reading that correctly?

11 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Wasn't really directing that toward you, just grabbing something to quote. There was a big argument earlier in the season about them. The refs have to do their job and stand in the right spot for sure to make the right call. If there was an issue with them, I am sure the TSSAA would have said something by now. Could be wrong on that.

1 hour ago, Jobres76 said:

I saw that but it looked like it was with the old field and wasn't sure if it was taken down with the renovations or not. I haven't seen a roster or update from the radio station as to where we will be yet. I may find something out tonight when we do our talking sports radio show. If anyone wants to listen to that, It will be streaming live on 94.3 FM at WJJM.com. We talk with the local coaches and any players that they may bring along.

Jobres, what time are you guys starting up tonight?

• CoachT locked this topic