2A Championship Trousdale Co vs. Peabody

FightingBlue0

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

Peabody has earned the right to talk....but come on! Some of what's been said is ridiculous. Use some logic. I actually picked Peabody to win, but I felt that for the most part TC had every chance to win. All the talk was about Dickson and TC did an outstanding job of limiting him. Baugus had only one good running play. Holbrook had the best game of any Peabody player. 

On offense, TC kept lining up in the spread. Late in the game Peabody knew the receivers were just window dressing. So they put more in the box than TC could block. Would've been a good time to dump one to #7.

The perception of TC being soft largely comes from #8 playing hurt. To be honest, it's on the coaching staff for continuing to rely on him when it was obvious he was hurting the team.

Knowing 5 and 8 were banged up coming in, they should've done more to prepare #6 to be able to use him, and possibly get #7 involved in the offense.

Congrats Peabody, but come on. This talk of Union City beating Trousdale?! They wouldn't beat the team that played today, and they don't come close to beating a healthy TC team.

The two best teams in the state played today. All this other talk is fantasy.

Well said.  Both teams had injuries.  That is part of the game.  Our starting center was out after the UC game.  He is 6 feet 250.  His replacement is 6 165.  That explains some of the high snaps which alters timing and gets your QB sacked so much.  But I am not making excuses.  We won cause of next man up and the speed of our defense.  We did not look like world beaters but I will say the best two 2A teams played today. Maybe not there best games but surely the best two teams in 2A.  As much as I value R7, there was no team in this region that would have beaten TC but Peabody.

1 hour ago, Golddoctor said:

I think the New England Patriots lost a couple of games they should have won.  You dont seem to know much about football.  You should know by now that teams have to meet on the field to tell who is the best.  With that said, PHS is 2A champs and TC was a great opponent.  That is all we know because of the eye test.  We dont play guessing games.  

I've seen plenty of football through the years. I know the game as well as most.  You didn't pass the eye test today.  For all the Peabody talk I thought I would have seen the Peabody that demolished Jasper.  

The winner of the 1A game in my opinion will be the Class of 1A or 2A.  It's called Class A. 

I've already congratulated yall on beating a proud and tough program in TC.

I'll say it again if it helps.  Congrats on the 2A championship. 

Edited by Southtowner

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

Haha man, I’m not gonna be the one to talk crap about it. It was a great played game. TC won every part besides the scoreboard and that’s me seeing the big picture 

Football is a game of inches. They won the offensive side but only with that 55 yard play.  We won the defensive struggle.  0 for 4  in the red zone is pretty impressive if I may say so.  We were the better team.  The best team does not always have the best stats.  We were faster and quicker. Don't forget about special teams

Edited by Golddoctor

1 hour ago, RTD said:

You'll where not faster than TC at all ok let's put it this way your back up QB can't throw because of his elbow then you starting QB separates his shoulders his throwing arm doing the game then plays until he can't physically raise his arm. Your very disrespectful to TC kids on the football team to act like this game was a blow out please if TC player Peabody it would be 5 to 5 if both teams are completely healthy you'll have no chance of catching TC #8 when he broke loose on that long run that got called back. He is a Gordonsville fan, not TC fan like you'll say TC is soft right and again Peabody won by 8 points not 20 

I never said TC was soft.  When I say faster, I mean overall team speed.  Stop making excuses about injuries. Sure those guys healthy would have made a difference but our guys were beat up also.  No disrespect to these young men at all.  There are four phases of a game. Kicking-we won that one.  Kick return-we won that one- Offense- TC had one big play and you out rushed us-  But Defense wins championships and we stood tall at the right times. So with that said.  We won 3 out of four phases of the game and our fans were more hype.

12 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Football is a game of inches. They won the offensive side but only with that 55 yard play.  We won the defensive struggle.  0 for 4  in the red zone is pretty impressive if I may say so.  We were the better team.  The best team does not always have the best stats.  We were faster and quicker. Don't forget about special teams

For sure doc! Wished basketball and baseball would go by quick and get ready to t it up again and give it another crack  

1. Coaching   Peabody

2. Defense  0 for 4 4th down  Peabody

3.  Special teams Peabody--More return yard   field goal   Kick coverage   Peabody

4.  Offense  TC  gets long 55 yard run--That gives them the slight edge on offense  TC

5. Fans  Peabody

6. Cheerleaders  Peabody

7. Band  Peabody

Okay our football team was superior in 3 of 4 phases of the game---translate GOLD BALL

Good night

19 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I've seen plenty of football through the years. I know the game as well as most.  You didn't pass the eye test today.  For all the Peabody talk I thought I would have seen the Peabody that demolished Jasper.  

The winner of the 1A game in my opinion will be the Class of 1A or 2A.  It's called Class A. 

I've already congratulated yall on beating a proud and tough program in TC.

I'll say it again if it helps.  Congrats on the 2A championship. 

Thanks man.  I appreciate that.  We really dont care about your eye test or IQ.  Go to bed hater.