2A Championship Trousdale Co vs. Peabody

FightingBlue0

1 minute ago, croz6110 said:

Peabody has earned the right to talk....but come on! Some of what's been said is ridiculous. Use some logic. I actually picked Peabody to win, but I felt that for the most part TC had every chance to win. All the talk was about Dickson and TC did an outstanding job of limiting him. Baugus had only one good running play. Holbrook had the best game of any Peabody player. 

On offense, TC kept lining up in the spread. Late in the game Peabody knew the receivers were just window dressing. So they put more in the box than TC could block. Would've been a good time to dump one to #7.

The perception of TC being soft largely comes from #8 playing hurt. To be honest, it's on the coaching staff for continuing to rely on him when it was obvious he was hurting the team.

Knowing 5 and 8 were banged up coming in, they should've done more to prepare #6 to be able to use him, and possibly get #7 involved in the offense.

Congrats Peabody, but come on. This talk of Union City beating Trousdale?! They wouldn't beat the team that played today, and they don't come close to beating a healthy TC team.

The two best teams in the state played today. All this other talk is fantasy.

Peabody guy here... TC was the best team we’ve played. Yes we played like dog poo and they get credit for the havoc they cost us up front. We didn’t dominate and TC was not soft at all. We do have the right to talk, but saying that about a team that made it is ludicrous. My hat is tipped to TC for job well done. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

my Alma mater lost a football game today for a state championship.

not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

i came home to a healthy family that loves me. 

I’m a winner everyday.

And I had The pleasure being with mine also. And that is really all that matters. Just wanted to sling a little short answer mud at you like you have all week. Good luck next year. 

1 minute ago, snoball5278 said:

light scratches.

its been cool of you tide boys to let your little sisters bask in your postseason.

enjoy the hard fought win today.

Haha man, I’m not gonna be the one to talk crap about it. It was a great played game. TC won every part besides the scoreboard and that’s me seeing the big picture 

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

The 2A champion lost to Gibson County.

The 1A champion will be undefeated, untied and unmatched. 

Edit:  Ask Cb10.  He'll tell ya the same.

I think the New England Patriots lost a couple of games they should have won.  You dont seem to know much about football.  You should know by now that teams have to meet on the field to tell who is the best.  With that said, PHS is 2A champs and TC was a great opponent.  That is all we know because of the eye test.  We dont play guessing games.  

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

Peabody guy here... TC was the best team we’ve played. Yes we played like dog poo and they get credit for the havoc they cost us up front. We didn’t dominate and TC was not soft at all. We do have the right to talk, but saying that about a team that made it is ludicrous. My hat is tipped to TC for job well done. 

:thumb: