2A Championship Trousdale Co vs. Peabody

FightingBlue0

I just watched this game ( recorded it) and I am trying to understand why all the chest bumping is going on??

This was a horrible game by both teams. TC didn’t get 5 the ball all game, but relied on 21 ( very fast, but not championship back) 

To my surprise TC did try to pass the ball, but like I said, they didn’t have the horses to do it ( receivers couldn’t catch a cold)

As for Peabody, they passed just enough to keep TC honest and to me that was the difference.. 

Yes Peabody won, but both TC and Peabody played horrible. This game was pretty much evenly matched!

Definetely a poor showing by both teams in a State Championship Game!

Edited by H2Oman

7 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

thank you.

and I’m sorry you’re team didn’t do as well.

it sucks having to live vicariously through other teams accomplishments.

you have my sympathy.

I’m an only child. That’s one of the draw backs I guess  But then that makes me a winner today. Hahahahahaha. 

18 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

The peabody team that played today gets beat by Watertown and meigs as well, Meigs QB would have been the best player on the field against peabody. Peabody acts like they just won by 50 and i don’t understand why they think they absolutely dominated this game, yes they won and they deserve all of the credit and recognition that comes their way but this talk about how they are superior to every other team in the state (particularlythe east) is abysmal.

Yeah they dominated and we are soft, they had 34 carries for 54 yards! We outgained them 224-167! But we are soft:rolleyes:The TD catch won them the game point blank, wasn’t horrible coverage, Ben even tipped it, kid just made a good play, that happens sometimes. 

• Upvote 1

Peabody has earned the right to talk....but come on! Some of what's been said is ridiculous. Use some logic. I actually picked Peabody to win, but I felt that for the most part TC had every chance to win. All the talk was about Dickson and TC did an outstanding job of limiting him. Baugus had only one good running play. Holbrook had the best game of any Peabody player. 

On offense, TC kept lining up in the spread. Late in the game Peabody knew the receivers were just window dressing. So they put more in the box than TC could block. Would've been a good time to dump one to #7.

The perception of TC being soft largely comes from #8 playing hurt. To be honest, it's on the coaching staff for continuing to rely on him when it was obvious he was hurting the team.

Knowing 5 and 8 were banged up coming in, they should've done more to prepare #6 to be able to use him, and possibly get #7 involved in the offense.

Congrats Peabody, but come on. This talk of Union City beating Trousdale?! They wouldn't beat the team that played today, and they don't come close to beating a healthy TC team.

The two best teams in the state played today. All this other talk is fantasy.

9 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I didn't get to watch live, but I listened to it and kept up with the live stats.

From what I know of TC, they either had too many injuries to overcome or they couldn't figure out how to use their other players. I don't think #7 got a touch. That shouldn't happen.

Either way, congrats Peabody. There will be a rematch next year.

If you guys only knew how many injuries we hid this year and going into the playoffs.  Quit making excuse about the mighty Yellow Jackets.  You guys were good but you were outmatched with our speed.  If we played yall 10 times, we would win 7.  If we dont commit so many bone head  penalties which is very uncharacteristic of Peabody, the game would have not been as close.  Yee ya next year if we both are lucky enough to make it back.  Congrats to both teams.