2A Championship Trousdale Co vs. Peabody

FightingBlue0

10 minutes ago, ucdiditagain said:

West Tennessee has ruled class 1 A and 2 A the last 9 to 10 years.  2 teams from the same district/region have 6 gold balls.  They usually beat up on one another each season and end up playing each other twice in the same season.  Domination maybe?  Trenton should be in line for another strong run next season.  Lake County should have their way next year in 1 A. You middle and East Tennessee folks can only wish.  Congrats Tide.  You had a strong team and a well rounded team.  Enjoy the win.

Hold on now TC has won 2 in last 10 years and we were in the west for one of those gold balls so your welcome TC contributed to that west domination in 1A in 2008 

16 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I think when it comes to 2A football across the state, most teams expect to compete against 1 team in their region for the region championship....

Region 7-2A over here had several quality teams this year... the reality is, Peabody blew out Union City twice, but I think Union City's team could've beaten that Trousdale team. Trousdale was good, but not the world beaters I expected them to be. Despite the 17-9 score, Peabody was quite a bit better than Trousdale.

I watched both of those games and the team you saw today, sure UC could have played with them, but the team you saw today loses to Watertown and the TC team you saw today loses pretty handily to Meigs, TC is better than they showed today (I know peabody is too) I mean @H2Oman has had a great point, #5 Rankins is the most influential player on the TC offense (lead blocker 90% of the time) he tried to gut it out(didn’t play whole 2nd half) and you can’t tell me Baines getting hurt didn’t affect the game 50yd TD called back before his injury and after injury he was literally running straight to sideline. But all in all I’m done listening to the Region 7-2A love triangle, congrats again Peabody you were the better team today! Jackets have quite a bit of work to do to get back which people don’t realize. Enjoy it for a couple weeks and then get started back to work so if we can make it back, we can do this thing again next year with both teams 100% healthy and playing a great game. It’s a tough feeling losing when you know you could have played a lot better. 

1 minute ago, snoball5278 said:

a tough loss against another great defense.

it doesn’t gain a champion any honor when you dishonor their opponent.

Nobody has said anything to “dishonor” Trousdale. TC got whooped by Peabody’s defense all day long. It’s fact. You wanna talk about Peabody scoring 17 points on 3 big plays, you guys only got 7 from 1 big play. & then Peabody handed you a 2 piece by electing to attempt a pass on a down they should’ve ran it. So what’s your point? Trousdale has a great team. I just don’t think they would’ve beat Peabody if they were fully healthy & Peabody was fully healthy. Nonetheless, it’s a major feat to make it this far. Congrats to both teams on remarkable seasons. Peabody, enjoy this championship. Trousdale, lick those wounds & come back firing next year. 

2 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Nobody has said anything to “dishonor” Trousdale. TC got whooped by Peabody’s defense all day long. It’s fact. You wanna talk about Peabody scoring 17 points on 3 big plays, you guys only got 7 from 1 big play. & then Peabody handed you a 2 piece by electing to attempt a pass on a down they should’ve ran it. So what’s your point? Trousdale has a great team. I just don’t think they would’ve beat Peabody if they were fully healthy & Peabody was fully healthy. Nonetheless, it’s a major feat to make it this far. Congrats to both teams on remarkable seasons. Peabody, enjoy this championship. Trousdale, lick those wounds & come back firing next year. 

I’ll admit it Peabody’s defense played lights out but just saying it ain’t that hard to play lights out when every person in the stands can call the play lol 

21 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I think when it comes to 2A football across the state, most teams expect to compete against 1 team in their region for the region championship....

Region 7-2A over here had several quality teams this year... the reality is, Peabody blew out Union City twice, but I think Union City's team could've beaten that Trousdale team. Trousdale was good, but not the world beaters I expected them to be. Despite the 17-9 score, Peabody was quite a bit better than Trousdale.

I’m not a TC fan or Peabody, I watched the game and thought both teams were pretty close, both teams have good defenses, Peabody just had a couple more plays. Neither team looked good on offense.

22 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

I watched both of those games and the team you saw today, sure UC could have played with them, but the team you saw today loses to Watertown and the TC team you saw today loses pretty handily to Meigs, TC is better than they showed today (I know peabody is too) I mean @H2Oman has had a great point, #5 Rankins is the most influential player on the TC offense (lead blocker 90% of the time) he tried to gut it out(didn’t play whole 2nd half) and you can’t tell me Baines getting hurt didn’t affect the game 50yd TD called back before his injury and after injury he was literally running straight to sideline. But all in all I’m done listening to the Region 7-2A love triangle, congrats again Peabody you were the better team today! Jackets have quite a bit of work to do to get back which people don’t realize. Enjoy it for a couple weeks and then get started back to work so if we can make it back, we can do this thing again next year with both teams 100% healthy and playing a great game. It’s a tough feeling losing when you know you could have played a lot better. 

The peabody team that played today gets beat by Watertown and meigs as well, Meigs QB would have been the best player on the field against peabody. Peabody acts like they just won by 50 and i don’t understand why they think they absolutely dominated this game, yes they won and they deserve all of the credit and recognition that comes their way but this talk about how they are superior to every other team in the state (particularlythe east) is abysmal.

27 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

you said they were soft and they weren’t. 

it was poorly thought out statement.

just own it.