2A Championship Trousdale Co vs. Peabody

FightingBlue0

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

This place up here is a bad location. It’s usually dreary, rainy, and cold. It’s not nearly as cold up here now as usual, but it’s still dreary and rainy. The new Jumbotron is a nice addition, but overall this place isn’t really nice. Even this pressbox isn’t great. SP has a nicer pressbox than this place.  

extremely tight in the box, 2 man radio set up and you are should to shoulder. MTSU was better for everyone else, and if it was raining, you could still watch the game from overhang from upper bowl. 

5 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

But then how would the games be televised they don't have 20 Murphy Fair's to be on the sideline lol. I agree i'm not a fan of TTU, I enjoyed the atmosphere better at MTSU. There really isn't a great place to have them. You have to do turf in the event of like this weekend endless rain. Although the drive to cookeville is a whole lot easier than the drive to Murfresboro. 75 mph compared to 55. 

Really the only prerequisite is a secure place for the TSSAA to count all the money. They don't care about the rest of it.

1 minute ago, TigerNation said:

Really the only prerequisite is a secure place for the TSSAA to count all the money. They don't care about the rest of it.

They truly don't but you know who does, BlueCross BlueShield, the TSSAA doesn't make their money if they lose BCBS, BCBS is the only reason they televise the game, because the TSSAA doesn't want to, they want to make people come to the game or subscribe to nfhs to get that money. 

12 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m no Trousdale fan, but you don’t think they will win their region? Their sophomore class is loaded. Trousdale is going to be good for awhile. Mark it down.. Again I’m not even a fan. 

I think there is one, possibly two that could give TC problems in their own region.

2 minutes ago, NoHolds said:

I think there is one, possibly two that could give TC problems in their own region.

You are so delusional, ok yeah sure Watertown can play with us if they can find themselves(lost a lot including one of best players in 2A) before week 3, but for you to say 2 can give us problems, East Robertson will be better but not 42 points better, and westmoreland loses the best player to walk through westmoreland in the last decade. 

5 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

They truly don't but you know who does, BlueCross BlueShield, the TSSAA doesn't make their money if they lose BCBS, BCBS is the only reason they televise the game, because the TSSAA doesn't want to, they want to make people come to the game or subscribe to nfhs to get that money. 

The TSSAA takes all the gate from the championship games and half from every other playoff game. PLUS Cookeville pays them to have the games at Tech. If you ask me that's highway robbery. There is absolutely no reason that programs shouldn't keep the majority of the money from those games. TSSAA doesn't even provide officials from their take. I really don't understand why more schools aren't upset about this.

1 minute ago, TigerNation said:

The TSSAA takes all the gate from the championship games and half from every other playoff game. PLUS Cookeville pays them to have the games at Tech. If you ask me that's highway robbery. There is absolutely no reason that programs shouldn't keep the majority of the money from those games. TSSAA doesn't even provide officials from their take. I really don't understand why more schools aren't upset about this.

I agree, I would be ok if they took half the gate all the way through the playoffs but the championship games, the teams should split the gate from their time frame so for everyone that showed up and paid between 9-1:30 the 2A teams split, 1:30-6 the 4A teams split, 6 and later the 6A teams split or you could take your total sales for that day and divide by 6 and the teams get the same.  

8 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

TSSAA and North Korea have a lot in common. Murph's interview with the talking head yesterday was awkward and nauseating

Just now, TCRadio said:

I agree, I would be ok if they took half the gate all the way through the playoffs but the championship games, the teams should split the gate from their time frame so for everyone that showed up and paid between 9-1:30 the 2A teams split, 1:30-6 the 4A teams split, 6 and later the 6A teams split or you could take your total sales for that day and divide by 6 and the teams get the same.  

I'd be fine if they kept the gate for the championships because they go through the trouble of actually putting those games on. They have no business taking half the gate throughout the playoffs of games they don't provide anything for.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

You are so delusional, ok yeah sure Watertown can play with us if they can find themselves(lost a lot including one of best players in 2A) before week 3, but for you to say 2 can give us problems, East Robertson will be better but not 42 points better, and westmoreland loses the best player to walk through westmoreland in the last decade. 

H2O will be just like TC...  They have to find a offensive line.. 

Losing a lot and no doubt the best football player in H2O history will hurt, but we have a lot of talent coming back. I just don’t think we will have as much depth that we have been having.