2A Championship Trousdale Co vs. Peabody

FightingBlue0

3 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

What do you mean my team is sitting at home in the same boat? Who are you claiming my team to be? Go back & look through at every single one of my posts. I’m a Peabody follower. & I’m not bashing any of those teams? Usually it’s best to lay off of the Watertown & Meigs would’ve beat Peabody claim if you aren’t one of the two teams playing for a state title. I promise I’m not trying to bash anyone or any team. This thread all week has been very respectful for the most part & I have the upmost respect for the storied Trousdale County program. I hate that you guys had to deal with the injuries that you faced. Peabody had to deal with them too. At this point of the year, excuses get left by the wayside. It’s win it all or nothing. I wish to send my congrats to TC & to Meigs & to Watertown for all having outstanding seasons. Is the QB from Meigs coming back? That kid is a very good ball player. At the end of the day, Peabody won the last game of the 2A season. That gold ball is sitting in Trenton whether Peabody won that game by 8 points or 20+ points. Congrats Tide on a well deserved state championship victory. 

Yes the QB from Meigs will be a senior next year. I say it will be the same 4 teams next years in the east. Meigs, Tyner, TC and H2O. Meigs has a good chance to host one of those three teams IMO.

2 hours ago, NoHolds said:

I think not.  Watertown runs a much classier program that TC does or will.  I have not seen our players dancing on your sideline when we beat you at the Excrement Bank.  Can't say the same for yours.  My comments have not been baseless.  Save the Pot and Kettles for some of TC's finest, they will make good use of both someday.

omg this is very strongly worded.  excrement bank? goodness! 

3 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

JACKETFAN, I have no idea who GBO is and don't care! I just take exception when He and Posty are running down Jacket Offense and playcalling! Have you seen the Eagle offense? Give it to #44, no blocking,no passing, NOTHING! Did they ever make 1st down own us? Sorrry for offending!

GO JACKETS!

I think they had maybe 2 first downs but I don't think they made it past the 50.

8 hours ago, H2Oman said:

You’re right, we did lose to TC and was sitting at home..  You are also right, both teams made each other bad!

Now I am right when I say your fan base are obnoxious pr***! You guys are acting like you had your way with TC and that didn’t happen!

I’ve been reading all your posters talk about how unrealistic TC fans are ( I agree) but you guys are just like them..

You won the Gold Ball, but by no means did you stomp TC.. Quit acting like it...

By the way we beat TC too, but never lost to team like Gibson County on our own homecoming..  

We still got the hardware.  I did not say we dominated.  I did say we won 3 out of four phases of the game.  Kicking-Defense at most crucial time - Passing.   Those things make up the big picture.  I say again, we still got the hardware. Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, dtownfan364 said:

Congrats to Peabody on the win! Sure didn't see Trousdale County mentioning any injuries prior to the game but now that seems to be their reason for the loss, I heard Peabody had a few injuries as well, one to their starting center which is most likely the reason for the high snaps & miscues. Peabody also had a key player that plays both sides of the ball get injured in the first half & was only able to play on defense. Seems to me that TC QB #8 was doing ok until he got trucked by Peabody's QB as Baugus ran it in for a TD. He wasn't the same after that. IMO that was the game changer. I'm a Dresden fan so it's easy to say this team would beat that team or would beat them healthy but only two teams make it to the big game & that was Trousdale County & Peabody so give these two teams, their players & coaches the credit they deserve. Way to represent the West Peabody! I can see a repeat next year with all that talent in the junior class.

Thanks Dresden Fan.  That was well said especaillly coming from one of our rivals.  That Dresden Team was one of the best small school teams I have seen in my life.  Dresser Wynn and company. Go Lions

3 hours ago, dtownfan364 said:

Congrats to Peabody on the win! Sure didn't see Trousdale County mentioning any injuries prior to the game but now that seems to be their reason for the loss, I heard Peabody had a few injuries as well, one to their starting center which is most likely the reason for the high snaps & miscues. Peabody also had a key player that plays both sides of the ball get injured in the first half & was only able to play on defense. Seems to me that TC QB #8 was doing ok until he got trucked by Peabody's QB as Baugus ran it in for a TD. He wasn't the same after that. IMO that was the game changer. I'm a Dresden fan so it's easy to say this team would beat that team or would beat them healthy but only two teams make it to the big game & that was Trousdale County & Peabody so give these two teams, their players & coaches the credit they deserve. Way to represent the West Peabody! I can see a repeat next year with all that talent in the junior class.

+1

3 hours ago, RTD said:

Not an excuse I don't think you get it when 8 separated his shoulder that affected special teams since he is the KOS and Punter it affected the defense when he is the starting Corner and on offense, he couldn't raise his arm to throw the ball on even take a hit on that shoulder and yes I get the next man up but that's next man up has a dislocated elbow from week before that leaves TC with a WR playing QB that has never thrown a pass there are only 3 phases of the game offense, defense, and special teams. The crowded being hyped had no impact on the game in a venue that big the winning team crowd will always be louder than the losing team's crowd I guess now the blue cross bowl should give points base on the band and cheerleaders too. TC band is awful I hate to say it but its true they have been late to games not played at games if any band isn't better than TC band something is wrong 

Oh I know band and fans don't count.  Just had to throw that in there.  When we lost to GC, we did not complain about injuries.  We got beat and that was it.  #8 was playing great until he got smacked.  Injuries do  handicap you but in football that is to be expected.  I did expect more for #5.  I knew he was banged up but I never heard anything about #8 until the loss.  Just saying.  

Just now, Golddoctor said:

Oh I know band and fans don't count.  Just had to throw that in there.  When we lost to GC, we did not complain about injuries.  We got beat and that was it.  #8 was playing great until he got smacked.  Injuries do  handicap you but in football that is to be expected.  I did expect more for #5.  I knew he was banged up but I never heard anything about #8 until the loss.  Just saying.  

You didn't hear about #8 because the injury happened in the first half of the game. When it comes to #5 he is the key to a lot of formations that TC runs he couldn't throw the ball or run the ball because of his injury. #8 was hurt while making a tackle on defense Did you not notice he didn't play on defense in the second half or that in 4th he was playing WR and not QB on the last drive. He ran out of bounce whenever he did run to avoid contact for the most part. The kid's shoulder was separated on his throwing arm what else do you want from these two kids they played to best of their abilities with their injuries. I'm sure any QB at any level would have problems throwing the ball with a separated shoulder or dislocated elbow 

11 minutes ago, RTD said:

You didn't hear about #8 because the injury happened in the first half of the game. When it comes to #5 he is the key to a lot of formations that TC runs he couldn't throw the ball or run the ball because of his injury. #8 was hurt while making a tackle on defense Did you not notice he didn't play on defense in the second half or that in 4th he was playing WR and not QB on the last drive. He ran out of bounce whenever he did run to avoid contact for the most part. The kid's shoulder was separated on his throwing arm what else do you want from these two kids they played to best of their abilities with their injuries. I'm sure any QB at any level would have problems throwing the ball with a separated shoulder or dislocated elbow 

I think the Trousdale posts were leading everyone to believe that both your key players were injured coming into this game. I know when #8 got hurt. It's when he got trucked by Baugus & he ran it in for a TD. Those Peabody fans tried to tell you Trousdale would get "Baugused". Not taking anything away from those players at all. They played hard. I still think Peabody would have won by 2 TD's had they not hurt themselves with dumb penalties. Not characteristic of them at all. We had a great run at Dresden in 2016 but I don't for see it happening again any time soon. Congrats to all the teams that made it to the State Championship.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dtownfan364 said:

I think the Trousdale posts were leading everyone to believe that both your key players were injured coming into this game. I know when #8 got hurt. It's when he got trucked by Baugus & he ran it in for a TD. Those Peabody fans tried to tell you Trousdale would get "Baugused". Not taking anything away from those players at all. They played hard. I still think Peabody would have won by 2 TD's had they not hurt themselves with dumb penalties. Not characteristic of them at all. We had a great run at Dresden in 2016 but I don't for see it happening again any time soon. Congrats to all the teams that made it to the State Championship.

That team was very talented offensively. Putting up over 60 in a championship game is no joke