2A Championship Trousdale Co vs. Peabody

FightingBlue0

On 11/29/2018 at 3:18 PM, Southtowner said:

Region 7 will be getting Trezevant for the next 2 years.

On 11/29/2018 at 3:26 PM, BigEdMo said:

That doesn’t matter. They are not changing grades now so they don’t have the players. But some will say i am just hating. But it is truth. There may be a few pay backs next year. IMO. 

On 11/29/2018 at 3:59 PM, TCRadio said:

TSSAA has Trezevant in Reion 8

On 11/29/2018 at 4:01 PM, BigEdMo said:

I didnt State they were in region 7

Just to clarify something. I heard from the head man today that Trezevant was in fact slated for Region 7 but the Board of Control moved them to Region 8.

Edited by Southtowner

This is what one of the TC coaches wrote and posted after the game.

Want to know what I'll remember from today? Since there is a mess who know everything and talk, here is what's real....
I'll remember a guy with a jacked up right elbow doing whatever he could until he couldn't. I'll remember a guy whose been a workhorse his entire career with a separated right shoulder and in tremendous pain keep swapping eye contact with me saying "No pain- No pain". Me having to physically get his shoulder pads on at halftime and he telling me he won't come out and playing till he physically couldn't lift his arm to throw. I'll remember a gutsy offensive lineman playing with a grade three ankle sprain, rehabbing all week without practicing until the walk through, just so he could help his team. I'll remember his ankle being cast-tapped and he never missing a snap. I'll remember that guy limping back to locker room and again ending his day on crutches to a volleyball ankle. I'll remember a defensive back getting hurt on the goal line and trying to gut it on the sideline to see if he could come back. Ill remember his knee jerking reaction signaling the end of his day. I'll remember an offense limited to two formations because of the piling injuries but not a single player or coach arguing or making excuses or panicking. Just playing the next play. 
I'll remember my 7-year old with me on the sidelines crying because of two things: We lost and his guy (#8) was not going to play anymore. I'll forever remember that 7-year old wanting to go over to 8's locker and wrap his arms around him like a big brother and whaling into that same separated shoulder, and that #8 hugging him back and patting him on the back. I'll remember this little itty-bitty baby Bull, whom wasn't supposed to start, you know, be the back up, go over 1,500 yards in a single season and for the 9th time go over 100 I'll remember Snacks playing the best game of defense of his life and I'll remember The Donkey just quietly kept being great and I'll remember how classy 52 just goes about his business. I'll remember a guy who needed football in June ,after his 90 days of heck, more than football needed him but by the end of October, football counted on him and today he spoke before the kickoff. Only player to do so and it was about brothers and love. I'll remember that from today. 
See, people don't see the real things going on in and during games. Why certain decisions are made or calls or who runs what play, but these same people are those who have all the answers. They are know-it-alls. The play-calling analysts and defensive adjusters and the people who think they know what to do. And that's ok because if they knew the inside of a team or a situation or the real road traveled then they would steal my memories, like those mentioned above, and those memories are what have real value, not some piece of wood and colored brass. I'll remember today! What was the score again?

4 minutes ago, oldfootballplayer said:

Want to know what I'll remember from today? Since there is a mess who know everything and talk, here is what's real....
I'll remember a guy with a jacked up right elbow doing whatever he could until he couldn't. I'll remember a guy whose been a workhorse his entire career with a separated right shoulder and in tremendous pain keep swapping eye contact with me saying "No pain- No pain". Me having to physically get his shoulder pads on at halftime and he telling me he won't come out and playing till he physically couldn't lift his arm to throw. I'll remember a gutsy offensive lineman playing with a grade three ankle sprain, rehabbing all week without practicing until the walk through, just so he could help his team. I'll remember his ankle being cast-tapped and he never missing a snap. I'll remember that guy limping back to locker room and again ending his day on crutches to a volleyball ankle. I'll remember a defensive back getting hurt on the goal line and trying to gut it on the sideline to see if he could come back. Ill remember his knee jerking reaction signaling the end of his day. I'll remember an offense limited to two formations because of the piling injuries but not a single player or coach arguing or making excuses or panicking. Just playing the next play. 
I'll remember my 7-year old with me on the sidelines crying because of two things: We lost and his guy (#8) was not going to play anymore. I'll forever remember that 7-year old wanting to go over to 8's locker and wrap his arms around him like a big brother and whaling into that same separated shoulder, and that #8 hugging him back and patting him on the back. I'll remember this little itty-bitty baby Bull, whom wasn't supposed to start, you know, be the back up, go over 1,500 yards in a single season and for the 9th time go over 100 I'll remember Snacks playing the best game of defense of his life and I'll remember The Donkey just quietly kept being great and I'll remember how classy 52 just goes about his business. I'll remember a guy who needed football in June ,after his 90 days of heck, more than football needed him but by the end of October, football counted on him and today he spoke before the kickoff. Only player to do so and it was about brothers and love. I'll remember that from today. 
See, people don't see the real things going on in and during games. Why certain decisions are made or calls or who runs what play, but these same people are those who have all the answers. They are know-it-alls. The play-calling analysts and defensive adjusters and the people who think they know what to do. And that's ok because if they knew the inside of a team or a situation or the real road traveled then they would steal my memories, like those mentioned above, and those memories are what have real value, not some piece of wood and colored brass. I'll remember today! What was the score again?

Post of the year.

4 minutes ago, oldfootballplayer said:

So very true! For those who have never coached and only watched games don't have a clue of what decisions a coach has to make in a game really amuses me sometimes.

4 hours ago, oldfootballplayer said:

Great post!!!!! 

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I would have stuck them there regardless. :ph34r:

We would have had to pay them to come here to play. Everytime we have had to play a Memphis team and they have had to come to trenton we have had to pay their bus driver and put gas in their bus that’s no joke.