Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

27 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Oh I like where this may be going, set higher then who?

I think SP's record since high school football started down here  in 1924 speaks for itself. We don't gauge other teams we gauge ourselfs. I figured out a long time ago running your mouth is just that....running your mouth. Will never here me say something bad about a team but ail of us arm chair fellers and hasbeens,wannabes, couldofbes,shouldofbes,and Roy is open season.

4 minutes ago, team69 said:

I think SP's record since high school football started down here  in 1924 speaks for itself. We don't gauge other teams we gauge ourselfs. I figured out a long time ago running your mouth is just that....running your mouth. Will never here me say something bad about a team but ail of us arm chair fellers and hasbeens,wannabes, couldofbes,shouldofbes,and Roy is open season.

Roy gets his own mention huh?

1 minute ago, team69 said:

Haha I see what you mean then. I was a little hard on my team after our first scrimmage is the reason I even commented, but last year the last thing I saw from them was astonishing, and i was just expecting more of it truly not taking into accord new faces, new players, inexperience etc. It goes back to what you were saying though. We come to expect alot of things from our players and coaches every year. I myself just didnt give them time. Our second and third scrimmage were major differences over our first. And I'd love to play Loudon again with what our team has put together with just this small amount of time. But that's the competitor in me.talking...

6 hours ago, team69 said:

Or it could be the bar is a little higher in SP. 

5 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You could be on to something. We’re all spoiled. LMBO

@Imthayeti,  ^  these above.  

The bar is set high and I for one am definitely spoiled.  

The one thing PowerP touched on is absolutely correct. We shuffled in and out a lot of players,  so in that aspect it was really hard for me to gauge any performance in these scrimmages.  But like I stated before, I haven't had the luxury of seeing any practices and a few plays here and there left me wanting to see more.

The thing is, I'm never satisfied with what I see. There's always room for improvement.  The best thing about the summer so far is I haven't seen any major injuries. 

The Captain has a way with bringing everything together at the precise moment. 

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

@Imthayeti,  ^  these above.  

The bar is set high and I for one am definitely spoiled.  

The one thing PowerP touched on is absolutely correct. We shuffled in and out a lot of players,  so in that aspect it was really hard for me to gauge any performance in these scrimmages.  But like I stated before, I haven't had the luxury of seeing any practices and a few plays here and there left me wanting to see more.

The thing is, I'm never satisfied with what I see. There's always room for improvement.  The best thing about the summer so far is I haven't seen any major injuries. 

The Captain has a way with bringing everything together at the precise moment. 

You were projected as a semifinalist team. You obviously have the horses. Just need a few more reps which is the normal for most teams at point.

31 minutes ago, team69 said:

Whose the projector? 

Ranked #3 by Sonny Moore and Greenback is #1 which puts you in the semis with them as the highest rankings in the East on their poll.

https://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/h-s-foot.htm

--------------------------------------------------------

Ranked #1 by Murphy Fair and Greenback is #2 so that puts you in the semis with them on that poll as well.

http://murphyfair.com:8080/mfs/servlet/articlemfsviewer?1,0,,353

Ranked #4 by /\/\AXpreps and Whitwell is ranked next at #5 from the East on that poll which would put you in the semis with them on that one.

https://www.unapproved website.com/m/rankings/list.aspx?ssid=8d610ab9-220b-465b-9cf0-9f417bce6c65&statedivisionid=6c3cc717-ce81-4de0-a76d-2edff49cf0dc

Who knows what's accurate or what not. I'm just saying the polls have you pretty much playing in the semis on each of them. I dont just put out random info, I normally can back up my statements. These polls only reflect that you are the highest ranked team from the East and that you (should) be a semifinalist team and could possibly represent the East.

Edited by Imthayeti

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Ranked #3 by Sonny Moore and Greenback is #1 which puts you in the semis with them as the highest rankings in the East on their poll.

https://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/h-s-foot.htm

Ranked #1 by Murphy Fair and Greenback is #2 so that puts you in the semis with them on that poll as well.

http://murphyfair.com:8080/mfs/servlet/articlemfsviewer?1,0,,353

Ranked #4 by /\/\AXpreps and Whitwell is ranked next at #5 from the East on that poll which would put you in the semis with them on that one.

https://www.unapproved website.com/m/rankings/list.aspx?ssid=8d610ab9-220b-465b-9cf0-9f417bce6c65&statedivisionid=6c3cc717-ce81-4de0-a76d-2edff49cf0dc

Who knows what's accurate or what not. I'm just saying the polls have you pretty much playing in the semis on each of them. I dont just put out random info, I normally can back up my statements. These polls only reflect that you are the highest ranked team from the East and that you (should) be a semifinalist team and could possibly represent the East.

Making the Semifinals is not the bar.  I'm gauging our team on whether or not they will win the Gold.  Or even the possibility of playing for Gold.  I can only do that by what I've seen out of our two scrimmages and what I perceive the other teams will field.  

Don't you or anyone get me wrong.  We will field a very good team this year with a lot of depth for a 1A squad.  A lot of upperclassmen on this team.  

There are a couple of things I wished we were farther along on but we're not.  At least I haven't seen it.  

Not much left to say than it's almost game day.  It's time for this group to leave their mark on this program.  Win or lose I love them all.  I expect nothing less than playing with all out effort and representing the P with class, teamwork and dignity.  Do that and I'll be satisfied after all is said and done.