Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

12 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

No a/c,  no 500 channels of television,  no high speed internet,  no flag ship phone with cell service equals child abuse these days. 

Im not as old as you,we had a window a/c but cost too much to use it so it just hung,there we listened to the bugs at night also.3 channels as long as i can remember.lol.When your poor aint much you can do about it.

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Im not as old as you,we had a window a/c but cost too much to use it so it just hung,there we listened to the bugs at night also.3 channels as long as i can remember.lol.When your poor aint much you can do about it.

We had 3 channels as well.  Until the wind blowed.  Then you'd have to send someone outside to adjust the antenna.  

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

We had 3 channels as well.  Until the wind blowed.  Then you'd have to send someone outside to adjust the antenna.  

I remember the day that we got cable. We went from 3 channels to 10. 11 if you paid extra for HBO.

Now there's 500 and most of the times it seems like there's still nothing on that is worth watching 

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

Figure many was lucky! Old Pirate says the only way to get three channels was climb the roof and turn antenna. Leastways, old timers were jest tougher than these youngons today. Never heard of a boy the transgender mess. But those with too much oozing estrogen were merely referred to as poot-sees. LOPAO 

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Every generation is a bit different and bring something unique to the table.  But none will be like my dad's generation.  The greatest generation of all.  The WWII guys and gals.

Or maybe the one before that... my grandfather used to say that no one would ever live to see the world change as much. From dirt roads, mules, and hoe's, to interstate highways, planes, and farm equipment that won't fit on the highway... you didn't realize how poor you were, because your neighbor didn't have anything either, but he'd give you anything he had because that's the way people were. Life taught previous generations to handle their business no matter what... we're now teaching that society "owes" the weak minded and the soft the same rewards as those who work for what they have... pardon the rant, but it's sad.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

America has slowly become less prepared for life without a/c which brings on inability to handle heat. OP says fellers rarely got cramps and players suffering from dehydration while barely getting any water.  Today it starts often times in the 1st quarter. 

The current gen don't even know what an 'out house' is.  They think a porta-potty is rough.

image.png.5274eee5185a1363bea9a381ab287b2b.png