Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Or maybe the one before that... my grandfather used to say that no one would ever live to see the world change as much. From dirt roads, mules, and hoe's, to interstate highways, planes, and farm equipment that won't fit on the highway... you didn't realize how poor you were, because your neighbor didn't have anything either, but he'd give you anything he had because that's the way people were. Life taught previous generations to handle their business no matter what... we're now teaching that society "owes" the weak minded and the soft the same rewards as those who work for what they have... pardon the rant, but it's sad.

The folks that went through WWI,  the stock market crash of '29, the dust bowl, the Great Depression and WWII are tops in my book. 

45 minutes ago, rlh said:

There will be the Mayor on one set of stands and Indian in the other stands looking over a field at each other wondering Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

South Pittsburg,  Sequatchie,  Lookout Valley and Silverdale are all visiting teams.  Idk but that may be the sitting arrangements at the jamboree.  

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

The folks that went through WWI,  the stock market crash of '29, the dust bowl, the Great Depression and WWII are tops in my book. 

To show how folks were then, I had a great uncle that was a starter for John Heisman on his 1916 national championship team. He left school the following year to join the army for WWI. Granted, football wasn't the same sport then as it is now, but then people aren't the same now as they were then either.

24 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

True. We've talked about boxing, outhouses, cable TV, the weather, etc. 

We need to hear some pads popping.

I agree 100%. The main question is can the pirates stay healthy and progress each week. I'm looking forward to the Red bank game the most. They have a qb who can spin it and several good wide receiver options. It's good for the pirates to face a good passing attack team...we may just see one sometime in November...

5 minutes ago, powerp said:

I agree 100%. The main question is can the pirates stay healthy and progress each week. I'm looking forward to the Red bank game the most. They have a qb who can spin it and several good wide receiver options. It's good for the pirates to face a good passing attack team...we may just see one sometime in November...

Y’all are definitely gonna see a great qb when meigs rolls into town. That should be a great game as well !!! 

4 minutes ago, WarChant said:

Y’all are definitely gonna see a great qb when meigs rolls into town. That should be a great game as well !!! 

I agree but I think Red Bank has better overall athletes and that game is on the road. Swafford is a good qb for sure

Edited by powerp

4 hours ago, Southtowner said:

South Pittsburg,  Sequatchie,  Lookout Valley and Silverdale are all visiting teams.  Idk but that may be the sitting arrangements at the jamboree.  

I was thinking they were talking about the regular game on Saturday, lol.