Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

Just now, Southtowner said:

We use to live in trees and any food or water had to be scavenged for.

Now we live in nice homes and order take out delivery from a nice restaurant. 

Times have changed.   Get use to it.  :)

I’m to old fashioned to get used to the things that are going on now days. 

1 hour ago, rlh said:

I wasn't arguing that, just how serious some of the practice rule changes have become. Some for the better, some not. 

America has slowly become less prepared for life without a/c which brings on inability to handle heat. OP says fellers rarely got cramps and players suffering from dehydration while barely getting any water.  Today it starts often times in the 1st quarter. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
Correction
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Now it's the ones hugging the trees that are changing things.

Every generation is a bit different and bring something unique to the table.  But none will be like my dad's generation.  The greatest generation of all.  The WWII guys and gals.

Edited by Southtowner

24 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

America has slowly become less prepared for life without a/c which brings on inability to handle heat. OP says fellers rarely got cramps and players suffering from dehydration while barely getting any water.  Today it starts often times in the 1st quarter. 

OP I grew up without any a/c in the home till about 17 years of age or so.  We slept with the windows and doors open.  Even unlocked at that.  

Edit:  we'd all lose our will to go on if we had to go without what we think are the necessities of life.   Lose power or cable for a couple hours we'd be in panic mode.

Edited by Southtowner