This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

Just now, Southtowner said:

I sorta feel that this offseason there was a high school draft and Greenback had all the draft pics.

I see the future of high school football :  A station broadcasting everything HS football related.  A special 3 hour edition where kids will announce where they'll go for their junior or senior year.  Each state with their own station.  Local ads and such.  

Each State Association powerless to stop the reality of where we are heading.

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I sorta feel that this offseason there was a high school draft and Greenback had all the draft pics.

That’s a good analysis for sure. I tend to agree with you. I wish they hadn’t gotten all these new pieces, but they did.  I would have put the Pirates as the clear east favorite before all of these new toys they picked up. 

13 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

That’s a good analysis for sure. I tend to agree with you. I wish they hadn’t gotten all these new pieces, but they did.  I would have put the Pirates as the clear east favorite before all of these new toys they picked up. 

They are not toys they are young men trying to improve their previous situation.  We are fortunate they chose Greenback to do so. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

They are not toys they are young men trying to improve their previous situation.  We are fortunate they chose Greenback to do so. 

Helmet boy what kind of mess is this? We aint a falling for your mess. I garuntee you them new players you got just so happened to be where that Ryan man lost one from last year.  Im not stupid.  You mean to tell me that these boys looking to improve their situation just so happened to be a need for that Ryan man.  Get out of here with your mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

5 hours ago, harley04 said:

Word up this way is that GB, QB is a real gun slinger. Gonna light up that scoreboard.  :mrgreen:

I’m not the biggest fan of 7 on 7s when it comes to assessing how good a team is. But from the one at AC this past Saturday, I was very impressed with how fast the new guys picked things up. And for the QB, he no doubt has the smoothest mechanics I’ve seen in a good while. Just floats the ball about 40-50 yards like it’s an intermediate route. I will say this though, we do have a good WR receiving offers and that’s amazing. But we have a diamond in the rough that I don’t believe many people know how good he is. I was very shocked with how good he performed Saturday. Overall, he played the best and he’s been in the system for like 3-4 months.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

It's really not a fair situation to any school involved. It's a same the tssaa has let in get in this bad of shape. The city of Memphis is really a mess when it comes down to all the transfers. Bass, I still say So. Pitt may very well represent the east even though the deck is kind of stacked. Alot of football to be played between now and the semifinals. For all we know we all may be watching some surprise team shake up the apple cart. I know that I am pulling for a Lake County/ So.Pitt final. We have played twice and both were really good games and I would expect no different if that matchup occurs. We both have tall orders to get by. I really feel like LC is better than Huntingdon and have been for the last two years. Hopefully we will get to see. Huntingdon gets all the press in the west and Greenback gets all the press in the east. Press means nothing, it has to be proven on the field. Go luck to the pirates this year.

20 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

I’m not the biggest fan of 7 on 7s when it comes to assessing how good a team is. But from the one at AC this past Saturday, I was very impressed with how fast the new guys picked things up. And for the QB, he no doubt has the smoothest mechanics I’ve seen in a good while. Just floats the ball about 40-50 yards like it’s an intermediate route. I will say this though, we do have a good WR receiving offers and that’s amazing. But we have a diamond in the rough that I don’t believe many people know how good he is. I was very shocked with how good he performed Saturday. Overall, he played the best and he’s been in the system for like 3-4 months.

Imagine that... lmbo

16 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

It's really not a fair situation to any school involved. It's a same the tssaa has let in get in this bad of shape. The city of Memphis is really a mess when it comes down to all the transfers. Bass, I still say So. Pitt may very well represent the east even though the deck is kind of stacked. Alot of football to be played between now and the semifinals. For all we know we all may be watching some surprise team shake up the apple cart. I know that I am pulling for a Lake County/ So.Pitt final. We have played twice and both were really good games and I would expect no different if that matchup occurs. We both have tall orders to get by. I really feel like LC is better than Huntingdon and have been for the last two years. Hopefully we will get to see. Huntingdon gets all the press in the west and Greenback gets all the press in the east. Press means nothing, it has to be proven on the field. Go luck to the pirates this year.

SP will work and do the best they can when they have to face the beast from the east. I think SP can play with them, but I’ve got a feeling this Greenback team is going to be the best one we’ve seen yet. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

SP will work and do the best they can when they have to face the beast from the east. I think SP can play with them, but I’ve got a feeling this Greenback team is going to be the best one we’ve seen yet. 

Very well could be but over the years I've seen the beast get slayed many times. By no means do I think they are unbeatable. I really feel like 4 schools have a legitimate shot at a title this year. I think the top 4 are very evenly matched. On any given Friday night anything can happen. I am just not as sold on them as you are.

11 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Very well could be but over the years I've seen the beast get slayed many times. By no means do I think they are unbeatable. I really feel like 4 schools have a legitimate shot at a title this year. I think the top 4 are very evenly matched. On any given Friday night anything can happen. I am just not as sold on them as you are.

I agree with you. I didn’t have them quite on par with the other 3 this season either. Until..... their purge started... lol.. they have just added so many good ball players they are going to be tough for anyone to beat.