This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

22 minutes ago, WarChant said:

Good luck to the teams trying to cover Fields and Willis and don’t forget about stinnet.

Stinnett and Rutgerson will make their Mark quickly. There's no way you cannot double team Willis when you do that these other three kids are going to be extremely hard to cover one on one.BUT we HAVE to be able to run the ball!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

The one advantage SP had over Greenback in 2017 was the line play. Well.. that’s not the case anymore. That’s why I can’t take Greenback off the top line in 1A football. It doesn’t have anything to do with trying to remove a bullseye from SP. It’s simple analytics to me. 

Bass you played this game I played this game most everybody that post on this site has played this game.if you do not have a dominant O line and defensive line it's very hard to compete for championships and I haven't seen this line do anything yet so to me the jury is still out. Heck you can have the best quarterback in the country but if you can't block for him it's useless!

11 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

The one advantage SP had over Greenback in 2017 was the line play. Well.. that’s not the case anymore. That’s why I can’t take Greenback off the top line in 1A football. It doesn’t have anything to do with trying to remove a bullseye from SP. It’s simple analytics to me. 

The bullseye is squarely on South Pittsburgs back.The kind of kids you have down there are outstanding not to mention if you have around 60 kids you're going to be able to rotate a lot more than most of us.We don't have the depth that you do.It's going to be hard to compete with that plus bringing in good players that you've brought in the past couple years to go along with that........

13 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Bass you played this game I played this game most everybody that post on this site has played this game.if you do not have a dominant O line and defensive line it's very hard to compete for championships and I haven't seen this line do anything yet so to me the jury is still out. Heck you can have the best quarterback in the country but if you can't block for him it's useless!

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

The bullseye is squarely on South Pittsburgs back.The kind of kids you have down there are outstanding not to mention if you have around 60 kids you're going to be able to rotate a lot more than most of us.We don't have the depth that you do.It's going to be hard to compete with that plus bringing in good players that you've brought in the past couple years to go along with that........

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what’s said on here. At the end of last season if both teams brought back the same returning players I gave SP the advantage. However, the new additions at Greenback appear to be more dynamic than the ones at SP. Again, both teams are good. I just think Greenback has too many weapons to go along with potential D1 kids. Back between 2007-2013 I could clearly see how SP was the team to beat year in and year out. However, the landscape in 1A has clearly changed since that time. If you want to put a bullseye on someone’s back that hasn’t sniffed Cookeville in 6 years and hasn’t won a gold ball in 9 years then so be it. Common sense should tell you otherwise though. 

10 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what’s said on here. At the end of last season if both teams brought back the same returning players I gave SP the advantage. However, the new additions at Greenback appear to be more dynamic than the ones at SP. Again, both teams are good. I just think Greenback has too many weapons to go along with potential D1 kids. Back between 2007-2013 I could clearly see how SP was the team to beat year in and year out. However, the landscape in 1A has clearly changed since that time. If you want to put a bullseye on someone’s back that hasn’t sniffed Cookeville in 6 years and hasn’t won a gold ball in 9 years then so be it. Common sense should tell you otherwise though. 

How many kids did SP loose last year that started? 

9 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I believe 3 linemen, the TE, and the FB. So that’s 5 and if I’m not mistaken they all started both ways. 

Barney, you may be correct & with 4 transfer starters from surrounding programs that puts GB directly in the driver’s seat. It appears GB has the superior amount of skill personnel as starters! Why, them GB fellers even skeerd to have the target on their back! Their hearts are surely pounding fast. LOPAO