This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

Lets hear it men and ladykee. What is everyone's opinion of the scrimmage? Positives: passing game, absolutely ridiculous. Tonight we saw a combo that could be one of the most prolific in the state. It is there anytime you want it. Run game solid. O-line suspect at times needs work. Defense as expected. Absolute head hunters for DB's. Lbs and D line looked good. Need to get the OLB's outside a little quicker to contain sweeps as the year goes or South Pitt. Will speed sweep us to death. Both DE could dominate when they want. Just need to want it every play.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:53 PM, GHSblackhelmet said:

We have a killer schedule this year. I am glad coach Ryan picked up these tough games. Opening with Loudon then you guys we could literally be 0-2 for the first time in a very long time. We will have to get Cherokeean to look that stat up.

if this happens I will eat my camera

20 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Lets hear it men and ladykee. What is everyone's opinion of the scrimmage? Positives: passing game, absolutely ridiculous. Tonight we saw a combo that could be one of the most prolific in the state. It is there anytime you want it. Run game solid. O-line suspect at times needs work. Defense as expected. Absolute head hunters for DB's. Lbs and D line looked good. Need to get the OLB's outside a little quicker to contain sweeps as the year goes or South Pitt. Will speed sweep us to death. Both DE could dominate when they want. Just need to want it every play.

Ok you asked...Interior o-line needs alot of work have to know our assignments!#52 needs to play like a 3 star player ALL the time.Bubba is an absolute beast!D looked good and has room for improvement as usual with a first scrimmage.DBs look good,Ends need to contain much better.Stinnet,Rutgerson,Burger were all impressive pass game will be dangerous IF WE CAN BLOCK.Run game will be fine saw three kids that can get it done.Rutgerson,Stinnett and Burger all can tote it!#23 is still all that!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sweetwater was sending the house most every play. The line got to see some things that they can and will improve on. D and O looked good for a first scrimmage imo. We do have some things to improve on, like the olb’s getting outside quicker on the sweep. But all in all it was a good first scrimmage. 

1 hour ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Helmet boy what kind of mess is this? I garuntee you ought to be able to throw the durn ball with the knew signees that Ryan man got.  You think im joking but im not. 

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Ok you asked...Interior o-line needs alot of work have to know our assignments!#52 needs to play like a 3 star player ALL the time.Bubba is an absolute beast!D looked good and has room for improvement as usual with a first scrimmage.DBs look good,Ends need to contain much better.Stinnet,Rutgerson,Burger were all impressive pass game will be dangerous IF WE CAN BLOCK.Run game will be fine saw three kids that can get it done.Rutgerson,Stinnett and Burger all can tote it!#23 is still all that!

Spot on.... They went back to starters after the B teams finished... The OLine HAS TO START COMMUNICATING! But last night was good for us and a note we have alot of improving to do! And if last nights "after scrimmage" activities was a sign for what's ahead for practice on Monday, better buckle up that helmet and tighten those shoe strings boys!

8 hours ago, Gbnation said:

Sweetwater was sending the house most every play. The line got to see some things that they can and will improve on. D and O looked good for a first scrimmage imo. We do have some things to improve on, like the olb’s getting outside quicker on the sweep. But all in all it was a good first scrimmage. 

Yes alot of good for sure!But the not good against much,much better teams will wear us out!You know me---LINE PLAY,LINE PLAY!Its the most important part of the game,we have the kids to do it and i am sure it will get better.First scrimmages give you plenty to work on.

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Loudon is MUCH improved hockey!They will be a tough matchup for us no joking!Beat Meigs today if im not mistaken and that was without Jackson!

Loudon is definitely improved. They field a much better team imo then the one you played last year. They can throw the ball pretty well and their qb can scramble he is a very good player. Add to that the threat of Drew Jackson and you will have your hands full of imagine.

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Yes alot of good for sure!But the not good against much,much better teams will wear us out!You know me---LINE PLAY,LINE PLAY!Its the most important part of the game,we have the kids to do it and i am sure it will get better.First scrimmages give you plenty to work on.

I agree! I do think that they will get better each scrimmage and game they play. It’s the same starters as last year with the exception of Plemons so it’s not that they can’t get it done.  they need to communicate much better than what I heard last night. 

I did see several things that I liked! 

6 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Loudon is definitely improved. They field a much better team imo then the one you played last year. They can throw the ball pretty well and their qb can scramble he is a very good player. Add to that the threat of Drew Jackson and you will have your hands full of imagine.

How did the scrimmage go for you all last night? 

Never mind I seen it on another thread. 

Edited by Gbnation