Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

GoldenTicket8910

Metro Rumors

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Thanos I won't get into the black white issue because I believe a good coach is just that. It doesnt matter of skin color nor should it. However the difference between BA, MBA, Ensworth etc is that they are all private schools that offer financial aid. 

No excuse . That's a horrible excuse at that . Everyone under the TSSAA umbrella should have to play by the sea rules no exceptions . This guy can come to your games and school and it's ok but this one can't . The logic behind that is unacceptable. If I coached in metro and I wanted a kid and the kid wants to play at my school why not let him, heck BA MBA FR does it and no one complains .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DarkKnight4 said:

Sad but true . Black coaches win they are cheating or they have athletes. White coaches win they're a good coach and they discipline the kids . Black coaches lose they are undisciplined and rely on athletes , white coach loses they are still a good coach but people steal their kids .   That is the basic run down on perspective of coaches in metro based off these threads . 

This is most knowledgeable post on coacht ever. All true. Not sad at all. It is the absolute truth about Metro coaches. Great post Darkness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's not a racial issue sounds like for some it's more of an ethical issue. Rules state public schools cannot recruit. We have public school divisions and private school divisions because of this very issue. So offering financial aid does matter. If following rules and guidelines is something you personally don't care to do it shows your own character. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DarkKnight4 said:

Sad but true. Black coaches win they are cheating or they have athletes. White coaches win they're a good coach and they discipline the kids . Black coaches lose they are undisciplined and rely on athletes , white coach loses they are still a good coach but people steal their kids.   That is the basic run down on perspective of coaches in metro based off these threads . 

William Johnson cheated at Stratford. 

Tim Thompson cheated at Melrose. 

Teli White cheated at Trezevant. 

 

Those are all facts that cannot be disputed.  The color of their skin is irrelevant to me at the end of the day.  I'm not going to give a "hypothesis" on who may/may not be breaking the rules because unless it's proven it's all hearsay at the end of the day.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

William Johnson cheated at Stratford. 

Tim Thompson cheated at Melrose. 

Teli White cheated at Trezevant. 

 

Those are all facts that cannot be disputed.  The color of their skin is irrelevant to me at the end of the day.  I'm not going to give a "hypothesis" on who may/may not be breaking the rules because unless it's proven it's all hearsay at the end of the day.  

That is 3 coaches out of how many? Carlton Flatt, Marshall County coaches, Giles County coaches, but I'm not getting into all that but they are great coaches right . E Woods, A. Broome, M. Fitzgerald, T. Brunetti, and the others to name are not all cheaters. Speculations are all you hear but no sanctions like the previous listed. I guess the Coach that won state in Knoxville cheats as well. I'm pretty sure a lot of the guys on here complaining about cheating and racism cant coach themselves out of a wet paper bag or get steamrolled vs the coaches they complain about  so they hide behind the names and talk junk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

That is 3 coaches out of how many? Carlton Flatt, Marshall County coaches, Giles County coaches, but I'm not getting into all that but they are great coaches right . E Woods, A. Broome, M. Fitzgerald, T. Brunetti, and the others to name are not all cheaters. Speculations are all you hear but no sanctions like the previous listed. I guess the Coach that won state in Knoxville cheats as well. I'm pretty sure a lot of the guys on here complaining about cheating and racism cant coach themselves out of a wet paper bag or get steamrolled vs the coaches they complain about  so they hide behind the names and talk junk.

What Marshall County coach?  I wasn’t aware that Marshall County was busted by the TSSAA for breaking the rules.  The whole race card thing wasn’t an issue until the previous poster made it sound like all white coaches are proclaimed as great and all others are proclaimed as either cheaters or products of great talent.  That complaint is total garbage.  

Edited by howdoitknow
spellcheck because I prefer to use English properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 9:40 AM, howdoitknow said:

William Johnson cheated at Stratford. 

Tim Thompson cheated at Melrose. 

Teli White cheated at Trezevant. 

 

Those are all facts that cannot be disputed.  The color of their skin is irrelevant to me at the end of the day.  I'm not going to give a "hypothesis" on who may/may not be breaking the rules because unless it's proven it's all hearsay at the end of the day.  

Teli White DID NOT get busted by TSSAA. Your facts are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

What is Overton waiting for? Just go ahead and make your mistake.

You really have it out for Overton. Why? The only head coaches they have had in about 50 years are Coutras, Mullican. Anderson,  and Williams. What metro school can match that consistency? You also seem to have a grudge against the principal. Her choice of a basketball coach last year seems to have worked out well,  maybe football will also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, bleacher said:

You really have it out for Overton. Why? The only head coaches they have had in about 50 years are Coutras, Mullican. Anderson,  and Williams. What metro school can match that consistency? You also seem to have a grudge against the principal. Her choice of a basketball coach last year seems to have worked out well,  maybe football will also. 

#1. You forgot Pot Graves---yes he was Co-head coach. Maybe you do not remember that.

#2. Her choice for basketball coach before this one was a dreadful mistake that cost them what should have been at least a District championship team for  2 years.

#3. The three finalists are  nowhere  near the  caliber of those you have had before them. Not  even in the  same stratosphere.

 

Like I said, go ahead and make your mistake. No reason to wait now. Damage is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...