Top 10 in 1A for 2019

mrbigster

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You are correct,i was talking about last year in general.The kid from Seymour was hurt for a few games last year and didnt get to 100% till late.

Regardless we still would have been in the mix every year.

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You are correct,i was talking about last year in general.The kid from Seymour was hurt for a few games last year and didnt get to 100% till late.

Regardless we still would have been in the mix every year.

Being in the mix and making the Semifinals and title game are two totally different stories. You know that.

7 minutes ago, TTUBOBCAT said:

Being in the mix and making the Semifinals and title game are two totally different stories. You know that.

How hard is it to be in the mix when you play teams that can barely field a team (when some would be better off not fielding one at all)? Saying that transfers determined the outcome in some of these games is wrong. With the schedule we play, there’s not many games that the starters are in during the 4th quarter. And in the past couple of years, when the semifinals came around, it was the players that have been here from the beginning that helped determine the outcome. 2015 CA semifinal game wouldn’t have been won without the homegrown kids. 2016 SP semifinal game more than likely wouldn’t have been won without Gilbert. And the past 2 years, all the playmakers were again homegrown. The argument isn’t even an argument. If people want to come, we won’t turn them away. Neither would anyone else. We just happen to be the ones getting them. And so what if our location helps us. Winning is sweet no matter who is on the field. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, TTUBOBCAT said:

Yes and my thoughts are last year and the prior would have been the same outcome.Gilbert was the difference maker in 17 along with Hanley and Willis,if Gilbert returns last year no one even comes close and if Willis doesnt go down against Coalfield we win it all again.Thats with our boys.Trace (Seymour) wasnt there in 17.

4 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

How hard is it to be in the mix when you play teams that can barely field a team (when some would be better off not fielding one at all)? Saying that transfers determined the outcome in some of these games is wrong. With the schedule we play, there’s not many games that the starters are in during the 4th quarter. And in the past couple of years, when the semifinals came around, it was the players that have been here from the beginning that helped determine the outcome. 2015 CA semifinal game wouldn’t have been won without the homegrown kids. 2016 SP semifinal game more than likely wouldn’t have been won without Gilbert. And the past 2 years, all the playmakers were again homegrown. The argument isn’t even an argument. If people want to come, we won’t turn them away. Neither would anyone else. We just happen to be the ones getting them. And so what if our location helps us. Winning is sweet no matter who is on the field. 

Yes!

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yes and my thoughts are last year and the prior would have been the same outcome.Gilbert was the difference maker in 17 along with Hanley and Willis,if Gilbert returns last year no one even comes close and if Willis doesnt go down against Coalfield we win it all again.Thats with our boys.Trace (Seymour) wasnt there in 17.

I was just naming a few. could have named some more.  Roberts was a game changer in any game he played in and so was silvey.  All i'm saying is in class a ball two or three players can make a huge imactt. if you guys are getting some every year and wining their is no denying it. You all have already been saying how much the new QB and FB/LB are going  to help this year. Plus how good bubba is going to be too.  you cant talk out both sides of your mouth. you all usually have good homegrown players too, but thats not enough in small schools every year.

21 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Roberts covered CA's best receiver all night that game. He was a game changer on offense and defense in any game he played. No said your local kids weren't the nucleus each year. Was just saying how much of an impact the transfers have had. That is all.

Strictly homegrown championship teams are a rare thing.  Its gonna be even more rare as each season goes by.  A dying breed if you will.

It's so much easier to pull up stakes and relocate.  Almost like another great migration. Go West young man.  Go East young man.  One of the two but just Go.

With social media today one is not hard pressed to find out what a team needs to plug a position.  The pieces to the puzzle are gonna be drawn in, lured in, attracted in because that's the way it's done.  

It's more prevalent now than ever.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TTUBOBCAT said:

I was just naming a few. could have named some more.  Roberts was a game changer in any game he played in and so was silvey.  All i'm saying is in class a ball two or three players can make a huge imactt. if you guys are getting some every year and wining their is no denying it. You all have already been saying how much the new QB and FB/LB are going  to help this year. Plus how good bubba is going to be too.  you cant talk out both sides of your mouth. you all usually have good homegrown players too, but thats not enough in small schools every year.

All are valid points.As already discussed.Yes we have some good players that have came in this year.I dont count Freshman and Eighth graders like say a  Jr or Sr transfer.Those kids havent played a lick of high school ball and you have no idea what they bring to the table.The deal is ANYONE of you all would welcome them in and you cannot turn them down so i have had this discussion with even the coaches.I never was a fan of transfers because when i was in school a transfer was usually some ones problem.Not the case now these are great families and great kids and students and if the can play ball thats a plus.I was told get used to it and honestly it dont bother me at all now.They represent our community and school with class and thats fine with me.So as Blackhelmet said i like to win!

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TTUBOBCAT said:

Roberts covered CA's best receiver all night that game. He was a game changer on offense and defense in any game he played. No said your local kids weren't the nucleus each year. Was just saying how much of an impact the transfers have had. That is all.

Roberts played a great game on D that night!NO DOUBT!

8 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Winning is sweet no matter how you do it in my opinion. I dont care if we start 11 Russians as long as they can play at a High level and win. Winning is fun and fun to watch, losing is not. Coalfield has been poaching Oliver springs for years  they have zero room to talk.

I was just stirring you guys up helmet.  We get transfers too, we actually getting a lineman that is big at 6"5 and around 300 lbs but he's the only one so far but all that stuff about McKinney was hogwash.  You all just seem to get so many.  Is the kid from William Blount going to be your all's starting Qb?

6 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Like I said, transfers do not guarantee a win! Who cares who transferred to where from wherever! Line up and play the game....let the boys decide who the winner is! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Like I said, transfers do not guarantee a win! Who cares who transferred to where from wherever! Line up and play the game....let the boys decide who the winner is! 

Its just something to talk about Captain or should we all just talk about the same stuff over and over like the Bass.