Top 10 in 1A for 2019

mrbigster

49 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Its just something to talk about Captain or should we all just talk about the same stuff over and over like the Bass.  

I wasn’t complaining about the conversation. I was simply agreeing that transfers do not always mean a win. My opinion is I really don’t care who gets who in a transfer. I’ve been on the side of being accused of taking my stepson to another school for sports. In reality, he quit his old team due to a coach and I simply insisted that if he still wanted to play ball we’d move north and enroll him at my old school. Education was better and teacher to student ratio was lower! 

Did he help the program, I’d like to think in the two years he played he helped out a little. It just wasn’t a move for football! Why waste the talent and just move to a whole new situation!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I wasn’t complaining about the conversation. I was simply agreeing that transfers do not always mean a win. My opinion is I really don’t care who gets who in a transfer. I’ve been on the side of being accused of taking my stepson to another school for sports. In reality, he quit his old team due to a coach and I simply insisted that if he still wanted to play ball we’d move north and enroll him at my old school. Education was better and teacher to student ratio was lower! 

Did he help the program, I’d like to think in the two years he played he helped out a little. It just wasn’t a move for football! Why waste the talent and just move to a whole new situation!

My bad Captain, I didn't mean to come over that way. I just like to hear everybody's opinion.  I'm not against transfers,  especially in a case like you stated.  Every good parent wants the best for their kids.  Good luck to the Pirates this year which is one of the best 1A program in the east but Greenback is nipping at your heels in a big way.  Nothing but respect for both programs!

3 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

My bad Captain, I didn't mean to come over that way. I just like to hear everybody's opinion.  I'm not against transfers,  especially in a case like you stated.  Every good parent wants the best for their kids.  Good luck to the Pirates this year which is one of the best 1A program in the east but Greenback is nipping at your heels in a big way.  Nothing but respect for both programs!

No worries, just saying I wasn’t complaining. We have a couple games on the schedule that definitely will help morale if they get the win! Should be a interesting year to say the least.

As for Greenback ( or as I’ve jokingly started calling little Alcoa) they are a team to be respected! No disrespect in the Little Alcoa statement either, I’m just saying they are a beast on the field. Hopefully we will see each other later on in the year. One game at a time though...

23 hours ago, WarChant said:

If your not good to begin with then I doubt you will be getting transfers. So obviously greenback has been doing something right for years. Great community, great coaches and hard working kids. So I’ll take winning however it may come. Transfers are just a bonus!! 

I agree with you except on the part about winning no matter how it comes. It's not winning that necessarily matters as much as how you win.  I'm not trying to straddle the fence but I can agree with both side on the matter.  You guys have been fortunate here lately to have to not see it from our point of view.  But , it wasn't to long ago that the 23 year old monkey was on you back when you guys couldn't never even get to the semis.  I'm not sure exactly when that changed but it did in a big way.

Edited by rtl112

16 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'm not a win at any cost kinda person.  At least I think I'm not.  I don't want to see small towns & communities fall by the way side.  Small town football must survive for some communities because that is the only show in town.  

But when winning big means who can get the most and best transfers, that pretty much does away with small town football. Small town and small school is not always the same. Plenty of private schools are small but they get a different drawing pool. 

On 5/8/2019 at 12:15 AM, pujo said:

Saw Hampton go to the semi.s 4 years straight, they had good coaches and a good school. They never got all these transfers. Think kids are more loyal to their own schools in this area.  Location may have a bearing.

When you went against SP in 2007, SP was a home grown team.  You guys had the advantage in number of players as well as size.  SP's line just decided that regardless of a 7' 330 pound lineman, they were going to move him back 10 yards a play. He wasn't coached well enough.

8 hours ago, rlh said:

When you went against SP in 2007, SP was a home grown team.  You guys had the advantage in number of players as well as size.  SP's line just decided that regardless of a 7' 330 pound lineman, they were going to move him back 10 yards a play. He wasn't coached well enough.

Coach JC Campbell  of that team is in the Tenn high school hall of fame. Just couldn't slow down Robert Robinson. He was a Hoss .

3 hours ago, pujo said:

Coach JC Campbell  of that team is in the Tenn high school hall of fame. Just couldn't slow down Robert Robinson. He was a Hoss .

I will never understand why Robert Robinson didn't get Mr. Football.