2019 Top Ten in 5A

34 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

He has built a good staff and the kids are very excited.  Does he have the talent?  Can he coach?  Excited for the spring, he has definitely done well in the PR department.  Our scrimmage schedule for the spring and fall shows he will play anybody.  

He can coach, and he should definitely have some talent most years at G-town. Y’all might have found a good one. Just gotta see how he manages the pressure. It ain’t Northeast anymore. He’s got boosters and history breathing down his neck now. 

Edited by MSURacer
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

He has built a good staff and the kids are very excited.  Does he have the talent?  Can he coach?  Excited for the spring, he has definitely done well in the PR department.  Our scrimmage schedule for the spring and fall shows he will play anybody.  

Oh wow Coach Watson is at Gallatin? I missed that one. Gallatin got a good one for sure! He led NE to an 8-0 record I believe last year before NE got a lot of those wins taken away.  He can definitely coach

14 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

Oh wow Coach Watson is at Gallatin? I missed that one. Gallatin got a good one for sure! He led NE to an 8-0 record I believe last year before NE got a lot of those wins taken away.  He can definitely coach

Too bad the Gallatin crazies will run him off talking about their 1978 state championship when he doesn't win one in his first few years. Hope he has good life insurance coverage too bc that place is a bleep hole.

Edited by WingT08

2 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

Too bad the Gallatin crazies will run him off talking about their 1978 state championship when he doesn't win one in his first few years. Hope he has good life insurance coverage too bc that place is a bleep hole.

And you support who?  

Seeing the top 10 prediction from a previous post and being in the east, I have just a couple of comments. Don't know much about the west other than being able to see Henry Co. in the final last year. They had a very good team and will probably be solid this coming season. And if their fans feel Beech may be the team to beat, that says a lot for Beech. As for this years east race, Powell is probably slightly ahead of the rest of the field in terms of talent returning. Central, Oak Ridge, and South Doyle lost a lot, but have a lot of talent coming back to build around. Fulton lost almost half the team and most of the starters. Region 1 will have a couple of pretty good teams and will host the semi-finals if they win out. Region 4 is probably a tossup. Cleveland comes to Knox Central first game. Other than Powell, the other east teams may be ranked a little high for the start of the season on the post. Don't get me wrong, I love where you have Central and at the end of the regular season,  will take it in a heart beat. The east has a lot to prove this coming season.

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

Seeing the top 10 prediction from a previous post and being in the east, I have just a couple of comments. Don't know much about the west other than being able to see Henry Co. in the final last year. They had a very good team and will probably be solid this coming season. And if their fans feel Beech may be the team to beat, that says a lot for Beech. As for this years east race, Powell is probably slightly ahead of the rest of the field in terms of talent returning. Central, Oak Ridge, and South Doyle lost a lot, but have a lot of talent coming back to build around. Fulton lost almost half the team and most of the starters. Region 1 will have a couple of pretty good teams and will host the semi-finals if they win out. Region 4 is probably a tossup. Cleveland comes to Knox Central first game. Other than Powell, the other east teams may be ranked a little high for the start of the season on the post. Don't get me wrong, I love where you have Central and at the end of the regular season,  will take it in a heart beat. The east has a lot to prove this coming season.

Beech had a very young team last year and they made a strong push in the playoffs and nearly made the championship game. They have a lot returning! That being said if our team develops like I believe it will I wouldnt be at all surprised if it is Henry County/Beech in the semi final again! HC lost a lot of great players but some of these other guys I believe are about to show out this year! Depending on how much we develop dont put it past another HC title game appearance.