Preseason Top Ten!

5 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You’ve got the best players in 1A. You are the ONLY 1A team in the conversation with 2 D1 players. You are the only team in the conversation with all of these 6”4-6”6 gazelles running around. You are the only team in the conversation that have received this number of transfers in one off season including Maryville’s QB as well as another QB. Greenback University should be the team to beat. Before you got all of the transfers I would have said SP was the team to beat. I can’t say that anymore though. 

Sure you can!(It goes like this)-South Pitt is the team to beat.That wasnt hard at all.:roflolk:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Sure you can!(It goes like this)-South Pitt is the team to beat.That wasnt hard at all.:roflolk:

This is likely only the tip of the iceberg. There will be no 1A-2A team that is as physically imposing as Greenback University. 

Fastest Players.. check

Biggest Players.. check

Thats usually a recipe for domination. Meigs County will play you a pretty good game this season, but most of the rest will be over after the first quarter. As I stated I think last December SP was the team to beat, but I now have to shift it back to Greenback University. 

12 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

This is likely only the tip of the iceberg. There will be no 1A-2A team that is as physically imposing as Greenback University. 

Fastest Players.. check

Biggest Players.. check

Thats usually a recipe for domination. Meigs County will play you a pretty good game this season, but most of the rest will be over after the first quarter. As I stated I think last December SP was the team to beat, but I now have to shift it back to Greenback University. 

If everything I've read is true I would guess Meigs vs Greenback will be a shootout type game. We had imo a top 3 offense in 2A and a top 5 Defense. Not sure what Greenback will field but I know offensively we will be hard to stop. I watched the hudl of Braden carnes and hes good, he had a great line and great receivers backing him up though. The question at hand is will Greenback be able to field the same type of line and receivers to let him play like he did at Maryville? If so look out.

Edited by Imthayeti

19 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

If everything I've read is true I would guess Meigs vs Greenback will be a shootout type game. We had imo a top 3 offense in 2A and a top 5 Defense. Not sure what Greenback will field but I know offensively we will be hard to stop. I watched the hudl of Braden carnes and hes good, he had a great line and great receivers backing him up though. The question at hand is will Greenback be able to field the same type of line and receivers to let him play like he did at Maryville? If so look out.

May have as good or better WRs just not as deep.

Im hearing our DBs may be the best we have had.

If our D line is as good as i think they will be this may get interesting early!

Edited by orngnblk

6 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

May have as good or better WRs just not as deep.

Im hearing our DBs may be the best we have had.

If our D line is as good as i think they will be this may get interesting early!

Meigs defense is where our questions seem to be atm. Offensively we are every bit as good as last year from what I've been told. We are breaking in a few new horses on the Defense and trying new schemes from what I've been told so it's a work in progress. We wont be bad defensively by any means but like you have said before about your own team. We may need a few games to get it to click.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Meigs defense is where our questions seem to be atm. Offensively we are every bit as good as last year from what I've been told. We are breaking in a few new horses on the Defense and trying new schemes from what I've been told so it's a work in progress. We wont be bad defensively by any means but like you have said before about your own team. We may need a few games to get it to click.

Injuries could change everything!

16 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Injuries could change everything!

Yep, one of our LB was in a car wreck just a few days ago. Was told he is alright which is great but you never know how or when a person is to get hurt. Not all injuries happen on a football field. And he is a talent to be sure. I think i was told he had 120 tackles this past season. I wish him a swift recovery. And prayers are with him. Anyone else with more knowledge on this please keep me updated. 

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Fastest Players.. check

Biggest Players.. check

You are koo koo Bass. I have no doubt that Greenback is good and has great talent. They probably are the favorite to win 1A. But for you to say they have the biggest and fastest players in 1A and 2A is nuts. Have you seen this year’s Greenback team? Not last year but this year. Don’t say what you have heard. I want to know what you have seen with your eyes. Have you seen all the other teams in 1A and 2A??  Lake Co has had 2 transfers and another former player come back out so that is 3 new players. Peabody in 2A has picked several transfers.  That’s just 2 teams. So come on man. You are just spitting out stuff you have no proof of. Again they may very well be the favorite and win 1A. But you have absolutely no way of knowing they have the biggest and fastest players. Bless your heart!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You’ve got the best players in 1A. You are the ONLY 1A team in the conversation with 2 D1 players. You are the only team in the conversation with all of these 6”4-6”6 gazelles running around. You are the only team in the conversation that have received this number of transfers in one off season including Maryville’s QB as well as another QB. Greenback University should be the team to beat. Before you got all of the transfers I would have said SP was the team to beat. I can’t say that anymore though. 

Does anyone believe Bass would have put SP #1?  The team to beat?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You better redo this poll. Huntingdon IS NOT the best team in 1A.

1. Greenback University

2. South Pittsburg, Huntingdon, and Lake County

THE REST

Do not put the Ambassador curse on us! South Pitt is and will remain the favorite to win in 1A this year. We are hoping to make a decent run in the playoffs.