6aaa 2019-20

repoman

He does pad his record with a lot of AA wins early in the season.  You can’t question that.   But Murray has been out all season!  She played a few minutes early in the season but she never recovered from injury preseason.  So this IS the same team that was ranked so high early in the season.   Yes they miss her but they should be competing with what they have!  Not multiple 30pt losses!  I don’t put that on the coach.  They have 3-4 girls that are playing at the next level.  When that team wants to play, they can play with anyone in 6AAA.  

Murray is a very good player. Arguably the best player on that team IMO.  Played very well in the two wins against Coffee County.  Losing her had to have a big effect on the teams overall play.  They do have other very good players no doubt but she seemed to be able to do things others could not.  Have only seen them play against us twice but just my observation that her loss had to have an overall effect on the teams win loss record to some point.  Will she be back next year, think she had surgery sometime after Christmas. Also how many seniors does Sparta have this year?

4 hours ago, ThePinkPanther said:

If Dodgen's best player hadn't got hurt, WC would probably be 22-5 or 23-4.  With only 2 District losses to Stone.  WC would have had a chance to win the District and Region tournaments in Sparta.  I'm sure Mitchell wouldn't be seen as such a great coach this year by WC fans if his best player was out for the entire season.  I'm not a WC fan, but I'm curious to know, what games could WC have won this year if Dodgen was a better coach?  (DeKalb Co.???)  Where does Dodgen rank among the All-time best coaches in WC history?  Is he not an upgrade from Haley?

I remember when WC fans were dogging Haley! 

1 hour ago, Commodorefan said:

Murray is a very good player. Arguably the best player on that team IMO.  Played very well in the two wins against Coffee County.  Losing her had to have a big effect on the teams overall play.  They do have other very good players no doubt but she seemed to be able to do things others could not.  Have only seen them play against us twice but just my observation that her loss had to have an overall effect on the teams win loss record to some point.  Will she be back next year, think she had surgery sometime after Christmas. Also how many seniors does Sparta have this year?

The Reeves twins are Seniors along with Curtis. Next year will probably Dodgen, Murray, Stiles, an 8th grade post, and probably the Freshman post Powers.

Murray just had surgery about 3 weeks ago.

We may have to play one of our guards instead of one of the posts i mentioned. We're going to need a ball handler.

Edited by 85warrior

3 minutes ago, repoman said:

Murray was the energy,she played on verge of out of control but that's what makes her effective,it was kinda like organized chaos. Lots of trash points and created turnovers etc. Seems WC has lost their identity w/o her. 

Very much the way I saw it repoman.  And thanks for the answer About the seniors 85warrior.