6aaa 2019-20

repoman

3 hours ago, TigerGoat said:

In no way was a trying to discredit Stone’s defense. 

I didn't take it that way.   I watched parts of the game earlier this week and I saw the clips they released and it looked like Buck was playing pretty good defense on her.  But she did miss two game winning shots at the end that I have seen her make similar shots many times before.  Especially second shot.  Video of game winner from Stone and missed final shots by Rhea at link below.   She was voted best player in the district for 3 years in a row for a reason.  

https://twitter.com/crossvillenews/status/1217240754889920513?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Lady Cavs make it 4 in a row over White County.  Cookeville led almost the entire game with White county taking a lead only twice and led less than 1:00 total for the game.   Lady Cavs were shooting lights out the first half and dominated the first half even with WC shooting 60% from 3pt.  Lady Cavs led by 13 at the half.  WC stormed back in the third to cut it to a one score game.  Lady Cavs made plays they needed late in the game to hold on to win 67-64.  

Next up Stone....

On 1/13/2020 at 11:39 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

I like some pieces that Rhea has but I still have to see them play someone.   Their schedule last year vs this year is like night and day.  They played one of the toughest schedules in the state the first half of last year and this year they have played one of the weakest schedules.  The only "good" team they played so far is Clarkrange and that was a loss.   And the Cumberland County score stands out to me.  Not sure how it was that close.   I know Hampton is the best guard in 6AAA and Cameron is a very good player but  is that enough to compete in 6AAA this year?  I still have them in the 4 spot but I know they did pull some upsets last year. And with the best player on the court you have a chance every night.  No disrespect to them.  I saw them beat Cookeville at home last year so I know they are dangerous.  I just have to see it to believe it.

As for the match up against Stone, well that is a problem with all of 6AAA.  Two D1 post players are a tough match up for anyone in our district.  Especially when the bigs can stretch the floor and play above the arc.   Not only play above the arc, Capps is a sniper from 3.   Thats gonna be tough on all of us.  Just don't see Rhea staying in the game unless Hampton can pull off a 40 pt game.   But of course I would LOVE to see Rhea win.  :D  Good luck.

Bradley and stone memorial would be a great region ritle matchup. I can see both beating the refion 4 teams this year and going to syate

10 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Saw emma caps play last year against bradley twice and she is great player she could easily win miss basketball ths year. Stone memorial is greay team. I believe region 3 tourney is at rhea county this year??

She’s improved on her game since then. She is a great all around kid as well.