Rankin ?

22 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Not in this lifetime!  They are Welcome to him.  I thought that when they first got him also.  I just thought Mr. Nolan had better sense in picking a replacement.

I am a happy camper now as they are ALL GONE!

If anybody else wants to get rid of a coach that wins 10 state championships in 14 years and increase the number of football players with GPAs over 3.5 by about 500 percent, I bet there are over 200 schools that would gladly take him off their hands. Good grief.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 32hammer said:

If anybody else wants to get rid of a coach that wins 10 state championships in 14 years and increase the number of football players with GPAs over 3.5 by about 500 percent, I bet there are over 200 schools that would gladly take him off their hands. Good grief.

I couldn’t have said it better.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Not in this lifetime!  They are Welcome to him.  I thought that when they first got him also.  I just thought Mr. Nolan had better sense in picking a replacement.

I am a happy camper now as they are ALL GONE!

have an axe to grind

to have a strong personal opinion about something that you want people to accept and that is the reason why you do something:

So how long has Coach Rankin been gone from Riverdale?  Just what is the source of your long term dislike for Coach Rankin? How long does your obsession with Coach Rankin continue? You surely seem very obsessed with what happens with Coach Rankin. 

We will keep him for a few more years until he hangs up his whistle.

On 6/20/2019 at 6:45 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

You can disagree all you want but close sources tell me a third member feels the same way. It's a changing world my friends, why do you think GQ left, he was sick of the BS. Gary won't get run off but he will to get sick of it the same as GQ did.

Your are incorrect in saying that a third member feels the same way. I know everyone on the board and that is not the case. Two members do not like Rankin and of course we know the two. The other members had no ideal this was even going to be brought up. This was a hit job on the coach pure and simple. Your source does not hold water if they say anything different. I'm personally disappointed in Brandy  & Clayton's comments on the two players they were talking about. Brandy has two nephews that are tuition students and one of them plays sports and a niece who just graduated that played softball... HMMMMMM... I'm confused????

Edited by Springbrookrat

2 hours ago, Charger64 said:

have an axe to grind

to have a strong personal opinion about something that you want people to accept and that is the reason why you do something:

So how long has Coach Rankin been gone from Riverdale?  Just what is the source of your long term dislike for Coach Rankin? How long does your obsession with Coach Rankin continue? You surely seem very obsessed with what happens with Coach Rankin. 

We will keep him for a few more years until he hangs up his whistle.

My 'AXE' as you call it is all the kids and Assistant Coaches he has totally screwed over the years.  How long will I keep that opinion?  As long as I am still breathing.

Y'all are happy with him, FINE and Good.  I just want folks to know NONE of us that walk the earth are saints or football Gods.

BTW does he allow college football scouts to come to practice now?  Hard to get a ride if you aren't seen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Springbrookrat said:

Your are incorrect in saying that a third member feels the same way. I know everyone on the board and that is not the case. Two members do not like Rankin and of course we know the two. The other members had no ideal this was even going to be brought up. This was a hit job on the coach pure and simple. Your source does not hold water if they say anything different. I'm personally disappointed in Brandy  & Clayton's comments on the two players they were talking about. Brandy has two nephews that are tuition students and one of them plays sports and a niece who just graduated that played softball... HMMMMMM... I'm confused????

You may be right if you know all of them that well as you say. I only have my source who has never told me anything wrong yet. For the most part most people I know from Alcoa are happy with the way things are. My point is watch out who you put on the board. Also most people think we'll never hear anymore, wrong. Just what if one of those applicants for that opening want to make a big issue out of it.

4 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

My 'AXE' as you call it is all the kids and Assistant Coaches he has totally screwed over the years.  How long will I keep that opinion?  As long as I am still breathing.

Y'all are happy with him, FINE and Good.  I just want folks to know NONE of us that walk the earth are saints or football Gods.

BTW does he allow college football scouts to come to practice now?  Hard to get a ride if you aren't seen.

Right ! No scouts......and Randall Cobb never played in the NFL!:bored:

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You may be right if you know all of them that well as you say. I only have my source who has never told me anything wrong yet. For the most part most people I know from Alcoa are happy with the way things are. My point is watch out who you put on the board. Also most people think we'll never hear anymore, wrong. Just what if one of those applicants for that opening want to make a big issue out of it.

SBR is spot on. The other members were shocked at CB comments. He has made it clear he does not like Bell and Rankin, and mainly for political reasons.  With Bell retiring, it's just a bunch of whining to make things "seem" bad, and posturing for next elections. Most I talked to will NOT pull his lever at the next election!! Fact!

On 6/20/2019 at 12:10 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

If 'grades' are REALLY important, then take a look at the teams average vs the same number of other kids in the school.  I am willing to bet the teams average is LOWER.  Rankin has never been a big promoter of grades for his players.  As long as they remained eligible is all that mattered to him.

Gary Rankin's almost total lack of caring about the kids grades started my first battle with him when my son played for him at R'dale.  I insisted my son maintain a B average.  Rankin's comment was just stay ELIGIBLE!

You're not the only parent I've heard say this. One parent I've been friends with for years told me something similar, she knew her son wasn't going to be eligible based on his grade situation and threatened to pull him out of football. Mysteriously weeks later his grades made a big jump and it wasn't from better study habits. 

On 6/20/2019 at 9:45 AM, tradertwo said:

Generally speaking, when members of any organized board of control raise controversial issues in this manner, they are in the minority. There's a "chain of command" in place to handle internal issues without being controversial or even making them public at all, even in a formal board meeting. If the board (as a whole, or even a majority), or the Director felt that this was an issue, it would have been handled behind closed doors and this discussion would be in the past tense about whatever changes had been made.

This is exactly how it should have happened. tradertwo you must have been some kind of administrator. 

Folks most school boards always have one or two that flew over the KooKoo's Nest the way we view it as sports fans because we take it on the chin when one of them strike at our beloved connection to the school. My advise is to get someone that will side with you on your issues and get out and knock a lot of doors if you plan on unseating an old familiar name in the community. Talks Big,  Action is Bigger.

Edited by BarneySox2007