District 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

7 hours ago, bleedblackandgold said:

The only issue this kid has at home is that her parents are hot headed and made an irrational decision.  They got mad at the coach because she was benched for the last three minutes of a game and her parents VOLUNTARILY signed over their parental rights to the grandmother for the sole purpose of being able to transfer and immediately play at the cross town rival school.  No one is bashing the kid- this is all on the parents.  And when they realized their plan was not going to work since it was not court ordered they asked for her to be put back on the team and was told no.  Mind you this is after accusing the coach of being racist on social media.  I can guarantee you that Coach Reuter cares for that girl like his own daughter- but you can not let just let this go and pretend nothing happened.  The entire situation is sad. 

Yes. The parents really blew it for her - big time. Her BCHS teammates are her family & Coach Reuter won a state Championship because of her (& her teammates) phenomenal play in last year’s State Tourney. Mer stepped it up big time & deserved the tourney MVP for sure. It is truly sad that it ended for her this way (at least this year).
With Mer, the Bearrettes had as good a shot as anyone to win it all this year. 
Without her, they will have to overachieve & get on a 2-3 week roll (like they did last year). I don’t think anyone had them as the favorite this time last year either. Tough games in District & Region before they can start thinking about the Boro. 

It was obvious last year when she hit the floor that she was engaged in a big way and made that team go. Didn’t take but about a couple of possessions to figure that out. Don’t know the details but it is not good for Bradley. Losing a player like that doesn’t help your team. We lost our 2 guard to an ACL today. Is our team going to rally and play hard and is Bradley going to rally and play hard? Absolutely.But it is not real good to lose great players. 

53 minutes ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

:thumb:my apologies.

No worries at all! I think the coaches both will really want to win for various reasons, but in the big picture, the game in the District tourney will matter the most.
I think Cleveland’s bench is much stronger & that will be the reason the will win. However, if Madison can take the game over & stay away from foul trouble, her skills are clearly the best in the area. 

55 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

It was obvious last year when she hit the floor that she was engaged in a big way and made that team go. Didn’t take but about a couple of possessions to figure that out. Don’t know the details but it is not good for Bradley. Losing a player like that doesn’t help your team. We lost our 2 guard to an ACL today. Is our team going to rally and play hard and is Bradley going to rally and play hard? Absolutely.But it is not real good to lose great players. 

Of course. Who is your team? 

10 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Eh, East Hamilton game is pretty much meaningless. The big one is the one they will play against each other in the district tournament. They're going to be the 2nd and 3rd see regradless of who wins next week.

I think this game is huge for EH.  They may end up 2/3 but if Cleveland wins at EH they will have a lot of confidence going into that tournament game.  It may not mean much on paper but it means a lot to emotional teenagers.