UC AT LC SEASON OPENER

Bigsw02

6 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

Well guys, overall I think we have improved a lot. We are getting better as we go forward. Next week we will find out some more about ourselves. We can grind the football, and break it on the outside. I think we will be very ready come Friday night. We shall see. 

It was a pleasure to finally meet BPM tonight. He was a real classy guy. Nice to put a face with a name. I do want to know what you thought of my Tornadoes. Please give us a synopsis. For you LC hosers, that means a report. I didn't mean to make you all look so slack jawed with that big word. 

Swo it was nice to meet you as well and good luck to your team this year. I gonna shoot you straight.  Your team was out matched tonight by a more talented team. You showed the ability to run the ball some when you went right at Milan. Had a hard time getting anything going on the outside against our D. We were just too fast. You guys do what you do and you do it well. Just outmatched. The 19-7 score showed it. The first drive you guys went down the field to about our 30 and the interception hurt you. If you could have kept that drive going and maybe scored I think it could have been different for UC. Your thoughts on Milan??

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Swo it was nice to meet you as well and good luck to your team this year. I gonna shoot you straight.  Your team was out matched tonight by a more talented team. You showed the ability to run the ball some when you went right at Milan. Had a hard time getting anything going on the outside against our D. We were just too fast. You guys do what you do and you do it well. Just outmatched. The 19-7 score showed it. The first drive you guys went down the field to about our 30 and the interception hurt you. If you could have kept that drive going and maybe scored I think it could have been different for UC. Your thoughts on Milan??

Milan is big strong and fast. Your QB is super fast and reads the field very well. They get to the ball quick and bring a load when they do. I see you guys making a run at the Title

8 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

Well guys, overall I think we have improved a lot. We are getting better as we go forward. Next week we will find out some more about ourselves. We can grind the football, and break it on the outside. I think we will be very ready come Friday night. We shall see. 

It was a pleasure to finally meet BPM tonight. He was a real classy guy. Nice to put a face with a name. I do want to know what you thought of my Tornadoes. Please give us a synopsis. For you LC hosers, that means a report. I didn't mean to make you all look so slack jawed with that big word. 

Ha I drank some synopsis last night...can’t fool me! LC will hit you in the mouth on D...that run D will be tested next week. Getting Abbott back up front on D after a year off really helps too...kid is potentially an all stater! Campbell Puckett is a man among boys...Huge! Really need lil little Puckett back missing his grit! Wilson twins are studs! Our pass D is not where it needs to be and quit giving up the dang 4th and forever plays! On O you will see a heavy dose of Tubbs and Snyder. Tubbs had a decent run for about 50 tonight and runs really hard...gotta learn to quit trying to run over the secondary! Snyder is quite impressive on his reads thus far and has thrown the ball well at times! We STILL need a WR that has a hunger to go up and get the ball! We had a drop on what should have been on a 93yd td pass...ball went 40+ in the air on stride! Matheny did show some flashes of promise with 2 TD catches but we gotta get him mean! Morgan has an early TD catch and has showed numerous catches this preseason! My main message to our kids is don’t get complacent and show a lil fire...I felt like I was at a funeral in the first half! I’m super excited! Probably a little more than you wanted there Swo but I had a few kids I had to mention! Note to administrators...tailgate? Now swo your turn...tell us about your boys

• Like 1

Okay

Shocker honestly it's been a little difficult to size my guys up. At times we have shown that we are who we have been for the last decade and at other times we seem lost and confused. But tonight we seemed to be turning the corner on some of that. BPM mentioned an early INT and he was right. We were cramming the ball down the field and I believe we were going to score but a couple of penalties and mishandled snaps stalled out the drive we had going. I have heard that we are getting our starting Fullback back on Monday but not sure about our QB. The coaches are looking at some different players at other positions and we are improving as they are making those changes. By the same token, those guys are having to learn how to play a new position. We have played three very good teams this preseason and got slapped around by all three. Milan is an outstanding football team and they have size and speed all over the place. With the exception of the I NT and a fumble inside our 20 I believe we would have had a much better outcome.

Numbers to watch are 56,77,2,3,24,68,.

Im sure there are more but right now I am sleepy and I have to go to work tomorrow so Im done for the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

Okay

Shocker honestly it's been a little difficult to size my guys up. At times we have shown that we are who we have been for the last decade and at other times we seem lost and confused. But tonight we seemed to be turning the corner on some of that. BPM mentioned an early INT and he was right. We were cramming the ball down the field and I believe we were going to score but a couple of penalties and mishandled snaps stalled out the drive we had going. I have heard that we are getting our starting Fullback back on Monday but not sure about our QB. The coaches are looking at some different players at other positions and we are improving as they are making those changes. By the same token, those guys are having to learn how to play a new position. We have played three very good teams this preseason and got slapped around by all three. Milan is an outstanding football team and they have size and speed all over the place. With the exception of the I NT and a fumble inside our 20 I believe we would have had a much better outcome.

Numbers to watch are 56,77,2,3,24,68,.

Im sure there are more but right now I am sleepy and I have to go to work tomorrow so Im done for the day.

Me too boss! That 530 wake up caught up with me last night! I’m sure we will talk aplenty this week 

I'll agree with Swo on this. I felt much better about us tonight. We showed a lot of improvement tonight. Some turnovers and a little inconsistency showed. But, we also had 2 Senior leaders held out so as not to worsen some small injuries. I am feeling a little more confident about the year now.

BigPurple I will also agree with Swo on your team. Impressive speed and size. Good gameplan. QB speed was impressive. when he decides to scramble, look out.  Believe you guys will go deep in playoffs. Good luck to you for rest of year.  BTW, I am not a native Tennessean so last night was my first visit to your field. Nice place, good setup, nice folks. Enjoyed it!

10 minutes ago, TennReb31 said:

I'll agree with Swo on this. I felt much better about us tonight. We showed a lot of improvement tonight. Some turnovers and a little inconsistency showed. But, we also had 2 Senior leaders held out so as not to worsen some small injuries. I am feeling a little more confident about the year now.

BigPurple I will also agree with Swo on your team. Impressive speed and size. Good gameplan. QB speed was impressive. when he decides to scramble, look out.  Believe you guys will go deep in playoffs. Good luck to you for rest of year.  BTW, I am not a native Tennessean so last night was my first visit to your field. Nice place, good setup, nice folks. Enjoyed it!

Glad you enjoyed your visit. And thank you for the kind words regarding our team. If you come again after this season you will notice a big difference. The are going to demolish the current stands on both sides and build new ones. They are going to redo the parking area and put up signage at the entrance that pays homage to the 9 teams to play for the state title. This has all been approved. Still trying to decide on turf. 

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

Lake counties head is going to swell so big from this 21 point victory but sad to say Huntingdon is the team to beat from the west in 1A. 

Like the 3rd year in a row I’ve heard that. I’m sure they are great. Two years ago after week 1 you said no one in single A would be huntingdon because they were just that good! We can save that chatter until thanksgiving because I think LC is your team from the west 

35 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Your wrong. We shall see.

1 hour ago, shockernation said:

Like the 3rd year in a row I’ve heard that. I’m sure they are great. Two years ago after week 1 you said no one in single A would be huntingdon because they were just that good! We can save that chatter until thanksgiving because I think LC is your team from the west 

Sorry to poop on yalls parade but live it up while you can because them mustangs are going to be let loose 

1 hour ago, shockernation said:

How confident are you ?