South Pittsburg vs Sequatchie (Grider against this Wattenburger man)

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Whats new???Every thread goes there!And it all starts with two or three of your folks!Football is here and all we read and see is this mess.We are actually losing GOOD posters because if it as with Tom he is a GOOD one and his brother,i really miss reading what the have to say.Not to mention the respect of some of the posters from area schools.

We've had to deal with it in the past and we've had to shake it off in the past.  And that is why I can't imagine why any of our posters would continue to criticize another program for the same things that we been criticized for in the past.  If the TSSAA doesn't have a problem with it then neither do I.  It's time for everyone to let it go and focus on the task at hand. 

If anyone has proof then do something about it, if not then it's time to shut up about it and play some football.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

What do you mean? You don’t think they are a good team? I believe they will get better as the season progresses. Coach Grider teams typically improve a lot throughout the seasons. 

Pirates are overrated and over hyped Kinfolk. They can’t beat Greenback unless Greenback chokes again. Of course I’m basing what I saw last year. I just didn’t see anything great about SP personally kinfolk. Speed was so so and Pirates played hard but there were no game changers on the sidelines and that is what it will take imo to beat Cherokees this year. I hope I’m wrong but I’m just keeping it real 

41 minutes ago, TheLivingLegend said:

I am looking forward to heading down to South Pittsburg Saturday night to see these young lads from these two respective clubs play. This will be my first trip to your town in awhile as I have had several speaking engagements around the southeast. I was recently asked to speak at event for you people, but my schedule simply doesn’t allow me the time to speak at every event I am invited to these days. These clubs have many young lads that could be looking at achieving legend status this season. The young lads at South Pittsburg should have a great club this year. Number 5 and 7 are both close to achieving legend status. Always remember achieving legend status is a choice. With a living legend walking the sideline this should be another good year for you people. I will be arriving with my entourage around 6:00. I have been told the school has me a special seat in your renovated press box. My entourage and security will be present around the press box area during the game. It is simply to hot for a legend like myself to not be treated to the friendly confines of an air conditioned press box. I have asked those in charge to please make sure my bottled water is exactly 42 degrees and not one degree hotter or colder. When a legend like myself decides to grace you people with my presence you always have been accommodating to me. As always, I will be on the track before the game to sign autographs for any young lad that would like an autograph from a legend. People like Old Pirate, PowerP, PegLeg, OneEyeWilly, Ambassador, Sportsman, Roy Dillard, and others should be around so they can simply breathe some of the same air a legend like myself breathes. At halftime, I will also try to venture down toward the new concession stand area I have heard so much about. I am looking for a well played game from each club. I will be in attendance again when you people travel to my once proud alma mater in a few weeks. If you don’t get your autograph this week you will have another chance in a few short weeks.

I have been wondering where you've been hiding.  Glad you will make it to the game.  

2 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Pirates are overrated and over hyped Kinfolk. They can’t beat Greenback unless Greenback chokes again. Of course I’m basing what I saw last year. I just didn’t see anything great about SP personally kinfolk. Speed was so so and Pirates played hard but there were no game changers on the sidelines and that is what it will take imo to beat Cherokees this year. I hope I’m wrong but I’m just keeping it real 

That’s why I ranked Greenback ahead of SP in the preseason poll “kinfolk.” I know how good Greenback University is right now. They’ve got it rolling and everyone wants to go there. 

9 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

We've had to deal with it in the past and we've had to shake it off in the past.  And that is why I can't imagine why any of our posters would continue to criticize another program for the same things that we been criticized for in the past.  If the TSSAA doesn't have a problem with it then neither do I.  It's time for everyone to let it go and focus on the task at hand. 

If anyone has proof then do something about it, if not then it's time to shut up about it and play some football.

If I was in one of those out door tent revivals and you got up and said this I would give you a big AMEN!!!   Well Amen anyways!!! Let's all talk football and leave the other mess outside of this great place we call coach t.  

Just now, sportman said:

If I was in one of those out door tent revivals and you got up and said this I would give you a big AMEN!!!   Well Amen anyways!!! Let's all talk football and leave the other mess outside of this great place we call coach t.  

Sportsman.. I have one question for you. With your idol the living legend coming to the game how are you going to hold yourself back? Will you be getting another autograph from him? LMBO

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

What do you mean? You don’t think they are a good team? I believe they will get better as the season progresses. Coach Grider teams typically improve a lot throughout the seasons. 

They are a good team don't get me wrong. As the season goes I believe they will get better. I believe Hubbard should be running the offense, no slight to Sanders meant. The line play isn't what it has been the past few years. Got time to get the kinks out though.

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

Sportsman.. I have one question for you. With your idol the living legend coming to the game how are you going to hold yourself back? Will you be getting another autograph from him? LMBO

I'll let other's get in line. I have a Pirate Shirt and Cap already autographed. One thing about Legend, I don't think he's shy!!! LOL. 

27 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Much respect DS!!

11 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

They are a good team don't get me wrong. As the season goes I believe they will get better. I believe Hubbard should be running the offense, no slight to Sanders meant. The line play isn't what it has been the past few years. Got time to get the kinks out though.

I agree with you with most of what you’re saying. Both are good players for sure. As for the line play we will just have to see how it pans out. I was thinking the other day. SP lost both tackles. from last season, but returned the rest. Maybe it just takes awhile to gel.