South Pittsburg vs Sequatchie (Grider against this Wattenburger man)

Roy Dillard

On 8/18/2019 at 9:53 PM, Football54 said:

Wow single handily got them to the semifinals, Joe was a great player not taking anything away from him but that team was good as a whole and had a really good defense, you can’t give any 1 kid all the credit. 

Joe was a very humble young man and never took the limelight! He was able to do what he did because of the 10 guys on the field with him. 

With that being said, he was a leader that when he broke a big play or made an interception, the team feed off of him! That’s not taking anything away from his teammates either! He wouldn’t of rushed over a 1000 yards with the holes being there to run through! Martin was a great Qb, Yell was a great lineman...I could go on and on about them. Just don’t downplay his ability or leadership! 

The year after he graduated showed just how much of an impact he had on that team! 

On 8/18/2019 at 10:03 PM, PurplePower68 said:

I only remember him that season. When did he transfer?

Really now, come on! Are you new to MC? He came to Jasper in the 8th grade! 

He made an impact in baseball and football! Should have in basketball but that’s another story...

He played his freshman year for Dale Puritt and then the next coach just well, I’ll be nice and keep that comment to myself, let’s say underutilized him for two yrs. When Troy took over he actually used him as he should have! 

As far as baseball, go look in the trophy case at MCHS..do believe two years in a row they broke the most win record and took region I think 3 yrs in a row! 

Thats the past though, Joe serves in the United States Air Force now. He’s been serving for I believe 6 yrs and is living in Virginia. 

Edited by CaptainJackRackam

Was just catching up on here and my apologies for first couple posts. Rubbed me the wrong way I guess. 

As for the upcoming game, I look for SP to get the win but I think it’s going to be a battle! Yes we have some injuries but I think the backups will do just fine! May take us a qtr to get going but at the end of the night the Pirates get the W! 

4 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Really now, come on! Are you new to MC? He came to Jasper in the 8th grade! 

He made an impact in baseball and football! Should have in basketball but that’s another story...

He played his freshman year for Dale Puritt and then the next coach just well, I’ll be nice and keep that comment to myself, let’s say underutilized him for two yrs. When Troy took over he actually used him as he should have! 

As far as baseball, go look in the trophy case at MCHS..do believe two years in a row they broke the most win record and took region I think 3 yrs in a row! 

Thats the past though, Joe serves in the United States Air Force now. He’s been serving for I believe 6 yrs and is living in Virginia. 

Just trying to prove a point to someone. I knew when he came. He was around some kids my daughter was friends with a lot. 

9 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Are you sure ? 

I didn’t mean no one could beat them. I believe they are a top 4 team in 2A. I don’t think anyone will stop him. Good teams can slow him down, but not totally STOP him. You might beat them by 3-4 scores, but he’s going to get his even in a loss. That’s what I was trying to say.