Greeneville at Powell Thursday Night | Who You Got?

keepitmoving

6 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

That may be.  I always say Greeneville re-loads instead of re-builds.  The O line was WAY different at Catholic than what Greeneville has.  That is the biggest difference.  You have to have time to throw to get it to your WR.  

1000% agree those guys are not Tommy Winston like! And line is just no comparison big difference

On 8/20/2019 at 4:26 PM, HTV said:

If his defense can hold Powell to 3 points, I will drive up and buy the Greeneville DC, who is a good friend, dinner at the Farmer's Daughter. 

I spoke to coach Spradlin this past Saturday. He’s a great guy. You should take him to the Gathering. They have some really great food!  For desert order him the Heath Bar Gooie.  It’s off of the 107 cutoff at the Camp Creek Crossroads.  I’m enjoying the comments due to my bold prediction.  It’s all good though!  I hope both teams come out injury free.  I was hoping to make the trip to Powell and see some old friends that I haven’t see in a while and watch the game, but I gotta work.  Have a great evening and enjoy the game tomorrow!

Edited by Romansfive8

The way I look at this is yeah Ballard left. So it could go one of two ways, either like when Brewer left Sevier County and we now see what they have become. Or like Quarles leaving Maryville, but Hunt has kept them in tact. I don’t see a drop off at Greeneville, too much talent and rich tradition over the past 10 years for that to happen. Another point to make is Powell that good? Look I know they’ve got a good QB and athletes but so do other schools. A lot of Powell’s talent is still young(which will help in coming years). I’m just not ready to crown Powell of anything yet, although they will be in the conversation this year. As for tonight, Youngblood is the difference. Greeneville-24  Powell-21

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

The way I look at this is yeah Ballard left. So it could go one of two ways, either like when Brewer left Sevier County and we now see what they have become. Or like Quarles leaving Maryville, but Hunt has kept them in tact. I don’t see a drop off at Greeneville, too much talent and rich tradition over the past 10 years for that to happen. Another point to make is Powell that good? Look I know they’ve got a good QB and athletes but so do other schools. A lot of Powell’s talent is still young(which will help in coming years). I’m just not ready to crown Powell of anything yet, although they will be in the conversation this year. As for tonight, Youngblood is the difference. Greeneville-24  Powell-21

3 more D1 players on this team. More to come 

• Like 1