Alcoa vs Blackman

Jar2h

4 hours ago, Reneg8d1 said:

Yeah you’re right.  Why not swivel kick. Honestly, the Blackman coaches made a lot of dumb decisions and really lost the game.  The kids gave enough effort to win.  

This is silly......those Coaches had faith in their defense to make a stop. There was only 19.2 seconds. A squib kick could have been caught on the run and took to the endzone also. #28 has true 4.4/4.5 speed. You can't stand back a make excuses for just the plays that did NOT go right.

Alcoa could play the " ifs and buts" game even more. 1st qtr fumble inside their 10 yard line, a perfect pass thru the hands of the WR in the endzone, resulting in a field goal attempt.  Bad snap...cost another score. 2qtr TD call back on a touchy holding call. Another TD, where the ref called Alcoa's #8 down inches short of the endzone. TV announcers said the replay shows he clearly got IN. That's 28 points that only resulted in 3 points and people second guess coaches decision as the reason the Blaze lost. That's funny:lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

We all lose players from the year before but Blackman lost a kid at halftime that was the game changer. Not sure what happened to him but he didn't have his shoulder pads on the second half. Had 126 yards at halftime including that 60 yard TD. Alcoa special teams and number # 4 was the real show for Alcoa in this game. Was a good game to watch last night, glad it was on TV locally.

Keep thinking that one player was the "game changer ":bored:

The second half adjustments by first, the players, plus the coaches decision to go to the jumbo package(something they worked on all week)defensively to shut down the runs to the edge. This change forced the runs back to the center and completely shut down the run. Alcoa also shut down the Blaze passing game, intercepting three passes!

That there was the "Game changer!":thumb:

But, if you think one player would have won the game for Blackman....go ahead. We know better!B)

32 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

You can throw that idea out after Lausanne mopped the field with them 6A teams named Whitehaven!:thumb::roflolk:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for the assist. You helped me make my argument. Again, hat's off to Blackman for even considering to play y'all.

:thumb:

Edited by kwc

1 minute ago, kwc said:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for the assist.

:thumb:

OK B)....then the comment that 6A should NEVER play/lose to a 3A does seem lost to me in the conversation? I do under the 6A would "look" bad for getting beat by a smaller school. But, I don't think anyone "looks " that way toward Blackman for playing Alcoa? A team that went 15-0 with a win against Maryville one week after beating Oakland. 

Also....small school.......Check the school size of Mayfield KY team.....would be 1A/2A in TN.

Lausanne had nothing for them!:thumb:

46 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

You can throw that idea out after Lausanne mopped the field with them 6A teams named Whitehaven!:thumb::roflolk:

'Mopped the field".... Let them play every year. This is why 6A doesn't hardly ever schedule down. If they win, it never gets talked about ever again. If they lose, it will get brought up 20 years from now. Alcoa beat a Blackman team that is about to be 0-2 after their next game. Their last game in 2018 ended in a loss to Mount Juliet 35-14. So they are about to have lost their last 3 games played on the field. It's not like beating a 6A team who is a legit threat this year at winning their region or a state title... 

Edited by thegreatone36

4 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

OK B)....then the comment that 6A should NEVER play/lose to a 3A does seem lost to me in the conversation? I do under the 6A would "look" bad for getting beat by a smaller school.

I never said that they should never play or schedule a school from a lower classification. I'm knowledgeable. I know how good Alcoa is. Heck, I'd love to see Whitehaven play Alcoa. 

My comments were to the masses. It looks bad. It's not suppose to happen. It's why it seldom does  That's why I keep saying ... "Hat's off to Blackman for even scheduling the game".

I now have a healthy dose of respect for the Blackman HC and the admistration for doing it. Even with the backlash they are going to receive because of the loss.

Surely, you understand that, even though Alcoa is an elite football program.

12 minutes ago, kwc said:

I never said that they should never play or schedule a school from a lower classification. I'm knowledgeable. I know how good Alcoa is. Heck, I'd love to see Whitehaven play Alcoa. 

My comments were to the masses. It looks bad. It's not suppose to happen. It's why it seldom does  That's why I keep saying ... "Hat's off to Blackman for even scheduling the game".

I now have a healthy dose of respect for the Blackman HC and the admistration for doing it. Even with the backlash they are going to receive because of the loss.

Surely, you understand that, even though Alcoa is an elite football program.

For sure. We're on the same page! Good luck to Coach Rodney Saulsberry and his Tigers!

53 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

'Mopped the field".... Let them play every year. This is why 6A doesn't hardly ever schedule down. If they win, it never gets talked about ever again. If they lose, it will get brought up 20 years from now. Alcoa beat a Blackman team that is about to be 0-2 after their next game. Their last game in 2018 ended in a loss to Mount Juliet 35-14. So they are about to have lost their last 3 games played on the field. It's not like beating a 6A team who is a legit threat this year at winning their region or a state title... 

They're still a pretty good 6A team and would be favored in a few regions. Still a fringe top 10 team. Have a really good chance at making the quarterfinals and will be battle tested with games against Alcoa, Ravenwood, Independence, Oakland and Riverdale

59 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Keep thinking that one player was the "game changer ":bored:

The second half adjustments by first, the players, plus the coaches decision to go to the jumbo package(something they worked on all week)defensively to shut down the runs to the edge. This change forced the runs back to the center and completely shut down the run. Alcoa also shut down the Blaze passing game, intercepting three passes!

That there was the "Game changer!":thumb:

But, if you think one player would have won the game for Blackman....go ahead. We know better!B)

Now Now Now BC.  We had one of those type games like that also two years ago against Ooltewah away when the Quinn kid ran us to death and it didn't look very good for Maryville but for some reason he wasn't dressed out the second half and we lived to see another day. Can't begin to tell you how that game flashed back in my head when I watched the one last night. I'm sure we made halftime adjustments also but I didn't hear anyone mention " Let's carry the defensive coordinator off the field on our shoulders". The kid did some good running up the gut also with 5 and 6 players having chances to bring him down and he would still get a good 5 to 7 yard gains. I watched the game in the company of about twelve other people last night and everyone was pulling for Alcoa but I think I heard everyone of them say the same thing at one point. Anyway's it was good for you all to go down there to the Boro and teach them all a lesson for running "Ole Shad off".

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Now Now Now BC.  We had one of those type games like that also two years ago against Ooltewah away when the Quinn kid ran us to death and it didn't look very good for Maryville but for some reason he wasn't dressed out the second half and we lived to see another day. Can't begin to tell you how that game flashed back in my head when I watched the one last night. I'm sure we made halftime adjustments also but I didn't hear anyone mention " Let's carry the defensive coordinator off the field on our shoulders". The kid did some good running up the gut also with 5 and 6 players having chances to bring him down and he would still get a good 5 to 7 yard gains. I watched the game in the company of about twelve other people last night and everyone was pulling for Alcoa but I think I heard everyone of them say the same thing at one point. Anyway's it was good for you all to go down there to the Boro and teach them all a lesson for running "Ole Shad off".

I talked to three plus dozen people ON the field that saw the samething I did. #21 was even bigger back than #1, but not as fast. They where going to that same edge after they hit that long run. Watch the adjustments after the half! If you can't see the difference in the assignments and schemes there no need to explain anymore to you. They rotated #1 to both sides scheming, brought #86, #64 from the oline. Much different look. Completely shut them down.Blackmen RB went out because of heat exhaustion.  He was dog whipped tired.  Alcoa, came out fired up ready you win this game. There is no quit in that team. We had some of that line at our table after the game.....they got together and told themselves that they where going to do better and stop them. They knew they need to rally hard in the second half and they DID! Heart brother.....bring that #1 in......they where ready to shut him DOWN! I heard it straight from the horse's mouth:thumb: Blackman had a big line both Offensively and Defensively, with 105 plays dressed out and on the field before the game. Probably as big a line as Alcoa will see till DB travels to Alcoa in game ten. Big and depth did not over come heart in the game I watched! "Alcoa took it to them Defensively in the second half".......a Blackman fans words....not mine!B)

That game will help a bunch moving forward!

Edited by BCsportsfan
  • Like 1

I won't argue with you BC. If that's the way it went down then that's how it went. Blackman to me is a top ten 6A team for sure and will always be no matter how many they lose from the year before because of the number of kids they have to pick from plus the new kids coming in due to heavy growth in the area.  Only thing that could knock that in the head is what damage will the new Rockvale take from them in the next few years.