Greeneville @ Daniel Boone

DevilMan03

On 8/25/2019 at 1:15 AM, Mavericksinflight said:

This loss by Greeneville could not have came at a worse time. Starting a season your first game and with this loss will set the tempo for the players that will last through the season. This mentality is hard to over come. The Devils had not lost in 30 games. This game was devastating. I wish the devils the best and hope they are able to salvage this season.

Wrong.That was the best time to lose a game.If anything,it should pizz a few of the players off and make them work harder.

27 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Wrong.That was the best time to lose a game.If anything,it should pizz a few of the players off and make them work harder.

I think what Mavs is really saying is that he hopes. Wishful thinking another words.  That’ll go away in a few week’s when he sees that 1 bump in the road hasn’t deterred Greene off the right path :arrow: to Cookeville.  3pt

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

i would hate to be a blazer this friday. between the lack of respect in the current ap poll (which should be pointed out, that respect is earned not given and this particular group of Devils, with the exception of about 4 or 5 of them, have not earned a thing yet, so i'm actually fine with the poll) and all the awful penalties and sloppiness that will most certainly be addressed in practice this week, Those poor blazers are in for a reckoning the likes of which i wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of.

5 hours ago, BVDevil said:

i would hate to be a blazer this friday. between the lack of respect in the current ap poll (which should be pointed out, that respect is earned not given and this particular group of Devils, with the exception of about 4 or 5 of them, have not earned a thing yet, so i'm actually fine with the poll) and all the awful penalties and sloppiness that will most certainly be addressed in practice this week, Those poor blazers are in for a reckoning the likes of which i wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of.

I hope a lot of Devil Pride  comes out against Boone this week.As I said,the best time for a loss was last week to show a few of the younger players that not bringing your best,will get your azz beat against a good team or even an average team. Wonder what will happen if a few Devils don't come to play this week.Maybe not open up a hole or get off a block and so on.Yep, 0-2 could happen.One thing is for sure,a few are going to bring it every Friday night and the only thing I see stopping those Devils are the ones that don't do this. {an example only you brother will know my reference } Galatians 6:5 .

Edited by BatmanDevil

3 hours ago, greene4747 said:

Daniel Boone looks slow!!!  Devils win this one —-and get back on track!  Hate the loss but I will always support this team!  Go Devils!

You just never know how teams will matchup.Young man from TH didn't look that fast against Dobyns Bennett but I then noticed he was running away from everyone on the field by a lot.

Greene should be much better/discipline with the penalties in this game and ball handling.  No snap, punt miscues, fumble rooskies!  I look for them to use Gudger more and get him running to the outside little more than the last game.  Maybe we’ll see a few more pass thrown down field too?  Greene gets back on the train tracks in full force.

Greene 49

db 13

Edited by Romansfive8

13 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Greene should be much better/discipline with the penalties in this game and ball handling.  No snap, punt miscues, fumble rooskies!  I look for them to use Gudger more and get him running out space.

Greene 48

db 13

Give Gudger the night off, Youngblood too, in fact all the 1's.  You won't need them to win this game.   They should all be in Jonesborough scouting Crockett/Science Hill.     It's just Boone......

17 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Give Gudger the night off, Youngblood too, in fact all the 1's.  You won't need them to win this game.   They should all be in Jonesborough scouting Crockett/Science Hill.     It's just Boone......

The Gudger kid is fast and he’s put on a little more size since last year!  He’s going to be special.  He’s going to have break out game soon and it might just be this one Friday night?

Edited by Romansfive8

4 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

Greene should be much better/discipline with the penalties in this game and ball handling.  No snap, punt miscues, fumble rooskies!  I look for them to use Gudger more and get him running to the outside little more than the last game.  Maybe we’ll see a few more pass thrown down field too?  Greene gets back on the train tracks in full force.

Greene 49

db 13

I agree this Greeneville team has to be much better with the discipline and things they can control.I also agree Gudger could play a key part as well going forward.I've not seen either team practice or heard a word about how either team will attack the defense Friday night," BUT",I know exactly how I would try and stop my Devils and what their weak points are right now.I'm 1000 percent sure Boone has  watched a little film as well.Without a doubt,we are going to need a few of our players to grow up fast .Boone has something I had forgot about that might even help that happen.Their strength coach from what I remember  is a beast and I bet a few of those Boone boys will be tough up front.If we can get the time to hit a few passes or get Gudger into the open, it would take a lot off of Youngblood having to drag two or three defenders down the field and also open that part of the Devil offense up.This week is the same for me as last week when it comes to the Devils getting better and ready for the playoffs.I never want to lose a game but having young players grow up and the team build depth is more important then wins vs losses at this point.That said,I still expect this Devil team to win a very tough contest Friday night but know it could be another  war like last week.I'll be very happy if this isn't a tough game and see a score like your saying Romans,but I think it will be much tougher and closer .

• Upvote 1