Greenback at Meigs County

orngnblk

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

I’m just glad I get to see two of the top teams in the East. I will be able to compare them to our teams over here in West a whole lot better. 

I dont know if you will be able too guy, here me out , Fairley I believed last year could have the gun powder to take us out post regular season and they couldnt get past a beat up  UC !! Its easy to look good against some teams and not so much others !! If a powerhouse like them Indian boys come out looking like they dont wanna be there and MC Donkeystomps em what did we learn??I hope you get to see a great game and its worth your trip !!! I am a Pirate fan in 1A so go MC !!!!

14 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I dont know if you will be able too guy, here me out , Fairley I believed last year could have the gun powder to take us out post regular season and they couldnt get past a beat up  UC !! Its easy to look good against some teams and not so much others !! If a powerhouse like them Indian boys come out looking like they dont wanna be there and MC Donkeystomps em what did we learn??I hope you get to see a great game and its worth your trip !!! I am a Pirate fan in 1A so go MC !!!!

Memphis has two good looking teams this yr! 

I will be rooting for the team that is down at halftime!

56 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I’m just glad I get to see two of the top teams in the East. I will be able to compare them to our teams over here in West a whole lot better. 

Hopefully we and Greenback both put on a show for all of you. Neither of us scheduled the other to get embarrassed. It was scheduled to have two teams of similar caliber play with the long term benefits of getting better before the playoffs. But now it seems both teams have something to prove. Imo it will be a better game now then before.

Just now, Raider1234 said:

I like how humble you are, did you use to coach lol and I mean this as a compliment not a dig, so please don't take it as a dig lol. 

Nah I didn't, I'm just trying to live right and not sew discord. I love my wife and my life, kids, dog, cat included. Nothing in this game is a gimme I'm just glad I get to spectate and enjoy whatever company I have at the time. I really appreciate the compliment though and i do throw jabs out sometimes but it's all for fun no seriousness in them. I'm not even on the field.:thumb:

2 minutes ago, Raider1234 said:

Ha true hope you guys on both sides stay healthy. Have played both teams over the years never been disappointed in the fight both schools have shown. 

Appreciate that as well. Injuries have really hurt us over the last two years. I'm really hoping this year is different.

1 hour ago, RunnerUp said:

After watching film wouldn't be surprised to see some new personnel on the O line this week. I feel like the boys are putting extra time in preparation and film watching this week rather than volleyball games. May not make any difference but from what I have seen the Tigers are hungry. I know the atmosphere is gonna be incredible don't think getting up for this game will be a problem.

I think your right about one thing for sure. If we arent excited to take the field and at kickoff Friday we are in serious trouble not only Friday but the rest of the season. When have we had a game at home of this caliber? Last year our hardest team on the schedule regular season was Sequatchie. I loved how prepared we were for that one. Not to mention having them 35-0 at the middle of the third quarter. If we are that kind of prepared again look out. 

Last home game of this caliber was probably Rockwood in the playoffs in 17. We just didn't know it was going to be of this caliber at that time. I hate to admit but we have had a game or two that we were sufficiently prepared and the other team show up with some new package that we hadn't seen before. Nothing really you can do about that. I think GB will stay true to their system and throw it. I just hope we can get some pressure on the and create a turnover or 5. Offensively we have to execute and block till the whistle blows. Then stop and don't shove or cuss anybody.  Simple actually.

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I haven't seen Greenbacks team play this year, so I really can't give a accurate guess as to who might win. I know Greenback saw us in the Jamboree and the Sweetwater game and left chompin at the bit. I like our chances if we correct some of the mistakes that we had against Sweetwater. Fortunately I feel we are loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and are just having a few blocking issues that if are corrected this week will make us very capable of having a good season and ups our chances this Friday. At this point it will depend on how bad the kids want to get it right before Friday as I know they can do it. Go Tigers!

We didn’t leave chomping at the bits but I do think it will be a good game. If our line comes to play and our D does what they are capable of then it will be very interesting. If we come out and play like we did last week then .........!!